Afrikaner/Zulu Civilization

Every time when I found the reason of silly errors, it just made me laugh. :sad:
How could I copied an old dll file from new file set folders? Nah...

I hope this new modmodmod project properly ends without making more errors :p

Boer graphics under construction. Any suggestions? :mischief:
Spoiler :

A shot for color comparison with Netherlands, Mali, Moor and Boer.
Spoiler :

First playable version release. I'll make another post about the mod later - it includes both Australia and Boer civilization.

Download v1.12 (SVN 787) compatible version
Download modified cpp files - for the people who wants to modify the modmodmod further.

Spoiler :

I bet you will never available to win by UHV. Yep, I need more adjustments.
Please let me know when you find any errors while playing the modmodmod.

Looks great!

Looks great. But I have a question about the UP. IIRC, you already get some free buildings for each era. So it's not really an UP. Everyone gets it.

The UP also effects always you get new cities, means conquered cities also get that buildings.

At normal speed, you only have 25 turns to get every South African city. That's not a lot of time.

Maybe you could just give every city X production from start that the player can spend as they want? I'm sure the production overflow mechanic can be used for that.

Well, I powered up my first Boer game (1700AD) and...

So yeah... Portugal kind of $%&@blocked me...

After deleting Coimbra though, and sending my whole stack of Kommandos/Cannons/A couple Riflemen, I was able to successfully capture (and raze, because what a horrid location) Bulawayo.

So, let's see what happens next. The world is looking kind of weird (Russia in Cuba?), but well...

Attachments

• Sin título.jpg
    Sin título.jpg
    385.8 KB · Views: 258

After deleting Coimbra though, and sending my whole stack of Kommandos/Cannons/A couple Riflemen, I was able to successfully capture (and raze, because what a horrid location) Bulawayo.

So, let's see what happens next. The world is looking kind of weird (Russia in Cuba?), but well...

What extend does the core have? I'm not quite sure but I think I would have put that spot with Portuguese Coimbra in the Afrikaner core.

The UP also effects always you get new cities, means conquered cities also get that buildings.

I think you should make the discription much shorter. Now I think it's way too long. Something like "free buildings in conquered cities. The complete list of buildings makes it unnessesary long.

What extend does the core have? I'm not quite sure but I think I would have put that spot with Portuguese Coimbra in the Afrikaner core.

I mean, during the autoplay the "reserved" Boer spot for Pretoria was alright.

Then Coimbra showed up, and the spot was swallowed.

There must be someway to make sure that such an incident does not happen, lest the Boers become "unplayable by design".

Anyhow... So far the Kommandos are kicking ass and taking names, to the point that... (Yeah, a GP name list would be next but, one step at a time...)

Next stop, Cape Town!

Attachments

• Sin título.jpg
    Sin título.jpg
    329 KB · Views: 229

You would still available to found Pretoria in Portuguese territory.
I made the Boer civ conditional spawn, that might be a problem.

Top Bottom