Unit Maker of the Month, April 2006: Jury thread with poll

What unit is worthy of name "Unit of the Month, April 2006"?

• Quinzy - Unspeakable horror

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Hikaro Takayama - Female Sniper

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Aaglo - Harpy

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • Orthanc - Trident

Votes: 22 40.0%
  • Gaias - Spanish Skirmisher

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Olorin0222 - V-19 "Torrent" Fighter

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • ShiroKobbure - Egyptian Swordsman

Votes: 13 23.6%
  • Bluemofia - Giant Radioactive Monkey (pending approval)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flamand

The Visible Elder!
I voted for Orthanc because I liked it from the moment I saw it. But it was a hard decision when I saw the egyptian swordsman, though.....

I think this one's a toss-up between the Harpy and the Trident. I'm going with the Trident, since that's a truly splendid fireworks display. I like units that feature interesting animations or something similar when they didn't have to, and Orthanc could have given this unit an ordinary "guns all fire at once" sort of attack and created a perfectly decent unit, but he went one extra and gave it a bit of character (I like the way the fore and aft cannons fire at the end, presumably in the victory animation too!).

I'm even more amazed that two of the best units here were made with PovRay. Have you seen that program?

Harpy. I hate that I have to vote always for fantasy units, when I would like to see more historic units, but I'm forced to. They are simply too good.

I wish I had a unit in there! :( I really don't like not being in the competition this month. My computer had better get fixed quickly—it's been almost two months since I've finished a unit. Plus, the competition this month is great, so I'd have liked to have seen how my unit would have stacked up.

I'm a sucker for ships, so I voted for the Trident.

I just noticed a smily yesterday that I didn't know was there that reminded me of you, utah.

:badcomp: :lol:

As for the unit competition. I'm still undecided on who to vote for. There's too many good units.:)

I went with shiro's unit this month,it was a tough call between his and orthanc's. All were great guys...:clap:

Looks like I'm not going to be anywhere near first this month.... :(

My project for next month, (an Orcish Warmachine/Ork Gargant) however, will be a different story altogether :evil: (I can at least guarantee that Stormrage will vote for it :lol: )

What's most surprising to me, at least at this point in the game, is that Aaglo's nowhere near first either!! He's trailing behind Shiro's unit by 4 votes, and the leader by 7 :dubious: I would have though he'd pretty much have this month in the bag.....

Easy this month. Orthanc. I'd give an honorable mention to Gaias.

EDIT: Just looekd at the Result. Aaglo isn't doing so well. Did I not say he should have gone with the Doom Diver?

Wow, thanx for the votes everyone.

I went with aaglo again, because I still don't know just how he gets those wings to look that good.

This was tough this time, the Egyptian Swordsman and Spanish Skirmisher were very close, especially since the Skirmisher was, if I'm correct, Gaias' first unit.

The Last Conformist said:
I'll vote for the Egyptian Swordsman. Honourable mention to Orthanc's Trident.
I voted the same way although if I were more inclined to fantasy Aaglo's entry would have won my heart hands down great job to all the creators!

Weasel Op said:
Flamand, I have an idea for voting: Make it a public multiple-choice poll and allow us 2 votes each. What do you think?

And who is going to count if there is anyone voting for more than two units? :p It is either a regular poll or writing a top 3 in a post, and I think that would give much less voters...

Top Bottom