PCX Maker of the Month, March 2008 Jury Thread

Who should be the Unit Maker of the Month, March 2008?

• Hikaro Takayama - Bevelle Temple

Votes: 9 20.0%
  • aaglo - WH40k era splashes

Votes: 11 24.4%
  • Varwnos - Warhammer fantasy Empire city set

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Blue Monkey - SteamPunk PCXs

Votes: 13 28.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flamand

The Visible Elder!
Tough field. Best over all quality from top to bottom in a very long time. I am rooting for a never seen before 4 way tie, because they are all so good that they deserve to win.

Taken as a whole, blue monkey's set is the probably the most impressive. But, voting the single most impressive graphic has me voting for Hikaro, but only because I can only vote for one.

I'm only the 3rd person to go aaglo?

After vainly scrolling throug 5 times awaiting inspiration I went with Blue Monkey in hopes that he'll inspire a mod.

Well, crap. I can`t decide. :wallbash:
Go find a homeless orc or two, set them up with accounts, then tell them who to vote for. I'm sure they'd do it for a couple of elf bacon, lettuce, & tomato sandwiches.

I may vote for Blue Monkey.... After all, his tech pack has the only tech that would allow one to build the sunken city of R'lyeh and summon the Dread Cthulhu. (namely Non-Euclidean geometry)

Yes, I wondered if I should go back and change the article...

I voted for aaglo, though I was very hard-pressed to not vote for BlueMonkey massive graphics pack. That indeed sets a very destinctive mood and the pics used are all high quality and very vivid. I guess what swayed me slightly towards aaglo's city was the fact that he created a whole damn city, for crying out loud. Amazing stuff this month guys, truly splendid!

I don't know which one I wouldn't vote for, so I guess I'll have to vote based on some form of project allegiance system. The problem is, my loyalties lie both with the WH40K mod and the Steampunk mod... But then that really trippy splash for the temple... and those wonderful cities...

I wish I could work out what to vote for :(

I meant that he was not the only one to create a full city for this month's contest ;)

OH!!! Well, don't worry, since I was implying that you hadn't done so. I maybe should have added that his just looked a little more detailed (which is only due to it being zoomed in so drastically, not because your's lacks detail in any way). Though I would have thought it a very nice touch if there had been little cars (or speeders, etc.) zipping around on the streets as well as some pedestrians traversing the pavement. Then again, I'm not versed with WH40k and for all I know, the city is meant to look that sterile and desolate.

And just for the record...aaglo is a guy, right? :blush:

Top Bottom