Flying Carpet (May 3rd, 2006)

aaglo

Furioso!
Hi!

Here is a fantasy unit: flying carpet. Enjoy :)

Files:
Flying Carpet (~1,0 Mb)

here are animation previews:

Attached is a civilopedia preview.

Attachments

• FlyingCarpetCivilop2.gif
    FlyingCarpetCivilop2.gif
    25.6 KB · Views: 502
FIRST POST!!!

OMG, you almost finished my "evil" narnian unit lines, and moved right on to the "Calormen"...way to go...hope you dont mind being the "featured unit maker" of Narnia...

Great work, love the motion of the carpet...
only concern: IMO the thing he magically throws is too small...or not a bright enough flash...whatever, it looks great

:thumbsup: I love it! This looks like a fun way to expand aerial warfare in the fantasy mods. now we need a genie resource and tech icons too....

:rotfl:

Love the way he just falls down, still crosslegged! :lol: Another great unit Aaglo!

This is BRILLIANT!!! :smoke: Top marks once more to you sir!

It's certainly inspired me to get some work done on a medieval fantasies scen that needs doing.

This is great. I was looking for something like this for my mod.:goodjob:

"You don't know what we can find, come along with me, little girl, on a magic carpet ride. You don't know what we can see, why don't you share your dreams with me and let fatasy set you free....." -Steppenwolf

Awesome unit... I think I'll use this as the King unit for the Forbidden Land in the FF mod (the dude on the carpet looks exactly like Zande).

Once again when i see a great creation by these modmakers in Civ3 custom&creation,the more i laugh at the modmakers in Civ4 custom&creation.:lol:

Sweet, I'm guessing you used an image map on a bicupic patch for the carpet (sorry everyone else for the POV-Ray-ish)

The attack might not be a giga-DBZ-esque blast, but I think it's pretty good.

its all good...I slowed down the attack flic a bit, and it looks fine...I realized, it just disappears too fast for my taste...

so if you feel like releasing a slower flic(im not sure how much, I slowed it down in flicster, and cant do it on SBB) kewl...if now...also kewl...either way...a great unit that Narnia thanks you for...

PS...ignore all my ranting about the flic speed...Im just whining, its a great unit...

That is a great idea for a "fantasy" unit. Never would have thunk it myself. Very cool! I'm thinking I'll use it -- eventually -- as a wonder-generated medieval air unit for the Arabs or Indians or whatnot in my personal mod... ;)

Cheers everyone.
About that attack animation: the frame size in that prewiev is smaller than in the actual flc. The frame size of FlyingCarpetAttack.flc is actually maximum (240x240), so the fireball shows a bit longer than in the preview.

@orthanc
It's an image map, but not a bicubic patch. It's the same thing as all my flags - a mesh.

Good job again. I'm a little tempted to add it to MoM as a Sorcery mage unit, but there's a slight problem with the fact that it's completely flying unit. The unit it would replace (a color converted Wyvern) sits on ground and only flys when it moves and this is represented in unit's stats. Oh well, I really don't need to add _all_ the units that might fit in. :)

This unit is outstanding! I must find a way to integrate it in my normally historical mod.:) Edited: This is the new Fakir.

Top Bottom