New Unit: Modern Pirate

Orthanc

Shipwright
I imagine this has been in request for a while, well now you can finally add that upgrade to your Privateer line, so you don't have a sailboat trying to take on an Aircraft carrier.

Though, then again...:spear:

Anywho, basically its just a big motorboat with some guns, and a bit of a list to starboard...

Ye File:
Modern Pirate

Preview (default-run-fidget-fortify-attack-death), plunder, yar.

Wow.. first post!!!! This one is dang cool.. it fills a long vacant spot...

Yes, an upgrade unit for the Privateer has been needed a long time. The animations Look Great :goodjob: Just wondering, why is the ship so white? Colors would accent the ship details better IMO. Perhaps just me but I think darker colors would look even better...especially for a pirate ship. :)

Thanks, yeah the fidget is a few barrels going overboard. As for the textures, it's all my standard light-steel, I figured a hijacked pirate ship wouldn't have the most flattering paint job, but if I can finish some other requests, I might make the main hull darker or something...

aaglo said:
I like the "light-streak" bullets (or what do you call them in english) in the attack. :)
Tracer Bullets.

Agreed. :)

Great unit! Thats something really usefull! :goodjob:
BTW in the preview it semms to be that the line on top of the ship disapears during the attack animation. This might be just a problem of the preview so i don't know for sure....

You mean the ropes? That's a common side-effect of the conversion from the frames as images into a .flc animation. Sadly not much can be done about it, apart from making the ropes ridiculously thick, if you watch you'll see probably a lot of my ships have the same thing.

@orthanc,

About the issue of ropes: I've had that problem too. But it seems to be less annoying, when you use light colours on the ropes (atleast so I've experienced). Try it in one of your upcoming ships ;)
Cheers :)

Wow great unit and it does fill quite a gap. Also it looks alot like a coastal gunboat would it be possible to redo it with a red flag instead of black to be used in a korea scenario as a North Korean Gunboat?

Perfect! Although in this day and age, the Rum has probably been replaced with NattyLight or Milwauke's Best (worst?).

Top Bottom