Play Session Instruction Thread, May 25, 23:00 CET (+2GTM), online session

Rihiter

Lord of War
Term 5, Game Session 3, Thursday May 25 - Game Date of starting turn

This will be an on-line session.
The Designated Player is: Rihiter

Start Date/Time: Thu., May 25 @ 23:00 CET (GMT+2)
(09:00 p.m. 2100 GMT)

Relevant Links:
Current Save - AD-0500

Only elected/appointed officials may post in this thread! Please use the DP thread in the Government subforum for questions/comments to the DP. Please use the officials' thread for comments to an official.

Please put your office in the post title field.

Minister of Science

research path: currency, code of laws, metal casting

if there's a great scientist then build an academy in BW

Secretary of State.

Turn 0 trade wheet to Russia for Wine.

If we meet another Civ besides Russia or Germany STOP PLAY so we can discuss trades and relations.

Do not declare war this TC.
And do not accept any trades.
Do not give into any demands.

If a trade that you feel needs discussion decline and STOP play so we can discuss it.

Official Instructions from the Censor

The Citizens Assembly has voted to NOT build the Great Library.

Instructions from the Minister of the Interior:

Worker Actions:

"Worker": 2S of Boaring Wallow: Rename him "Karakorum". Then send him south to Abydos and have him clear the jungle 2W1S of Abydos, cottage, then move on to Karakorum
"Abydos": 2S1E of Auda City: Finish cottage, move 1 W, chop, cottage, road
"Worker": 1W of Old Sarai: Finish farm, rename "Old Sarai", move SE, chop cottage
"Worker": 1E of Turfan: Finish cottage, rename "Turfan", move 3W, cottage
"Worker": 2N of Ning-Hsia: Finish cottage, rename "Ning-Hsia", cottage floodplains around NH
"City #4": 1S2W of Toot Uncommon: finish road, rename "Toot Uncommon", cottage, move 3S, chop, cottage
"Road Builders": 1S2W of Toot Uncommon: finish road, send to Beshbaik to cottage along the river

Please stop play if Beshbaik finishes it's theater. We need to discuss building the Globe Theater.

Georgeop just so you're aware there's a worker eating lunch south of BW. ;)

Instructions for Mic's Gate.
The city is currently on research. Having the city on research is not helping lower the research pace even with a library as the city is producing 1 beaker at 20% science.

I would like the city to start a granary for 6 turns instead. Mic's Gate will have one cottage mature into a hamlet in 3 turns so gold will go up by 2gpt from there.

When the city grows to pop 4 in 6 turns and I would then switch the new citizen to the plains cottage tile.
If the worker near BW is not being used I'd like to develop one of the grassland forest tile south of Mic's Gate into a cottage. Up to the MoI on this.

Editted since the citizens don't want a worker.

Follow the MoI's instructions for workers/building etc in Beshbalik. If this leaves any Beshbalik workers idle, then please use them to build cottages (I'll leave it your discretion where to do this as I can't load Civ at the moment).

Note: You should probably get this thread stickied so it doesn't get pushed below all of the nomination and election threads.

There will be anarchy for another 4 turns, after that start on a granary. I am not sure about the rate of border expansion, so work both clam sea tiles and a forest tile unless, or until, the mine is available. There shouldn't be any workers in the near vicinity.

Lower science to the point which has the closest value to 0gpt. If negative, this will be lowered automatically if we run out of funds.

Stop if anyone declares war on us, if we meet any new people, or if we reach a point where we will run out of money at 0% science.

Use War Chariots near Karakorum ( and archers from Abydos if necessary ) to kill the barb axeman near Abydos ( unfortunatley somebody who have played last turns had sent our Swordsman to death from the hands of that axeman... ). It is quite possible that the barb axeman will destroy pasture befor I will manage to exterminate him.

Other units which were used to destroy the Mongols are ordered to garrison in the cities along our borders. Some of them are going to be used to uncover foged tiles inside our territory ( to prevent barbarians ).

THE TIME OF PEACE HAVE COME. I HAVE NO OTHER PRECISE ORDERS.

AD500 Turn 0, 201gp -13gp/t
- all instructions followed
- archer from Abydos moved to pastur ( to prevent the barb Axe from geting it )
- science rate turned to 30% ( most efective -> -13gp , Curency in 17turns )
ENTER: Barb Axeman killed our Archer on the pasture W of Abydos
AD510 Turn 1, 188gp -13gp/t
- St. Augustine has completed his raport - We are the largest!
View attachment 127880
- Swordsman killed barb Axe W of Abydos
- barb Warrior apeared form fog N of Abydos
- Sent some weak troops from the S to the N to spread happines in our cities...
- Traded Cooper for 2gp with Russia ( we don't need cooper at the time, and we need money badly )
ENTER ( Warrior N of Abydos moved to our farm )
AD530 Turn 2, 177gp - 8gp/t
- borders of Beshbalik has expended ( citizen moved to farm )
- War Chariot killed the barb Warrior
ENTERT
AD545 Turn 3, 169gp -10gp
- Theatre finished in Ning-hsia -> production turned to grenary
- Lighthoude finished in Auda City -> production turned to granary
- Ning-hsia(3) and Turfan(3) have poped!
ENTER
AD560 Turn 4, 159gp -5gp
- Boaring Wallow(8) has poped!
- Disorder in Karakorum has ended, production turned to grenary
- turning reserch rate to 40% ( 9 turns to Curency, -14gp/t )
ENTER
AD575 Turn 5, 145gp -16gp
- Beshbalik(4) has poped!
ENTER
AD590 Turn 6, 129gp -16gp
- Mic's Gate(4) has poped!
- Forest has grown near Ning-hsia
ENTER
AD605 Turn 7, 113gp -15gp
- Toot Uncommon(3) has poped
- Homer has beed born in a far away land
ENTER
AD620 Turn 8, 98gp -15gp
- Auda City(6) has poped!
- Thearte has been build in Beshbalik ( [color="red"STOP COMMAND[/color] )

Were getting back on track. Only 5 turns left to Curnecy and we have some cash in reserve... We are first with score 524, Peter is second with 485. It's going to be good ;] .

Here are the saves:
Save turn 0: View attachment 127877
Save turn 5: View attachment 127878
Save turn 8 ( last save ): View attachment 127879

I have some issues with some of the actions you took during this TC.

DaveShack said:
Lower science to the point which has the closest value to 0gpt.
You did:

Whereas our science rate should have been lowered to 10%, you instead raised it, creating an even bigger deficit. You had no authorization to do so.

robboo said:
You did:
- Traded Cooper for 2gp with Russia ( we don't need cooper at the time, and we need money badly )

Neither robboo, nor the citizens, authorized a trade of copper. Even if it is a good trade (which it's not, in my opinion), you're causing problems for our national security by giving Russia copper that it does not have.

You took matters into your own hands by executing these actions, and completely ignored the instructions of our elected officials.

Rihiter said:
- Homer has beed born in a far away land

so someone has researched music?
Or was Homer born because of Wonderpoints?

Sigma said:
DaveShack said:
Lower science to the point which has the closest value to 0gpt.
You did:

Whereas our science rate should have been lowered to 10%, you instead raised it, creating an even bigger deficit. You had no authorization to do so.
Dave Shack was at the sesion, and he didn't said enything that it's wrong.

Sigma said:
robboo said:
You did:
Robboo said not to accept any trades, I didn't accept a trade, I made one myself.

Sigma said:
Even if it is a good trade (which it's not, in my opinion), you're causing problems for our national security by giving Russia copper that it does not have.
Please tell me, how does it causes problem to our national security?

Can we have a chatlog?

Top Bottom