Mongol scenerio

Tee Kay

Three days sober
Hi all.

I'm making a Mongol scenerio (1206 - 1294, total of 176 turns). I needed some 13th century wonders to add flavour to the scenerio. So far I came up with ones like "Magna Carta", "The Gulistan" and the "Opus Majus", which aren't really wonders, ie buildings.

I'm putting together something that involves this period. I've got a wonder in for the Mongols (no it's not a buildings, sorry) called Temujin's Unification. This was the signifcant step that allowed his conquests to take place. Once the tribes had been united, well....... As such, this wonder is going to auto-produce Horde units (the M-unit) often, but will become obsolete not long after.

Are you gonna make the scen public? If so, you could use some help from me...

Or of wonders? You MUST have the yam, for example, and some other basic things, liek the division in decimal units, etc, also the Chinese contingents of Siege troops, ho-pao, etc.

Guerra y Paz said:
You can also Steal Borrow stuff and ideas from this thread...

it already has map with the civs in place, if you don't have a map already already. ;) That Mongol scenario was never completed.

BTW, the last page of that thread contains a very violent image, you have been warned.

If you're referring to Kubz's map on page I found it, but I reckon it's too big. I'm thinking that a 140x140 map should be alright. Maybe I'll make a smaller version of Kubz's map......Anyway thanx for warning me about the pic.

EDIT:
Takhisis said:
Or of wonders? You MUST have the yam, for example, and some other basic things, liek the division in decimal units, etc, also the Chinese contingents of Siege troops, ho-pao, etc.
Errm...I have no idea what you meant...please explain, if possible.

The yam was the Mongol version of the pony express. The yam riders are said to have been riding at about 150-250 km a day. That´s the way Genghis Khan kept in touch with his generals.
The ho-pao appears to be some kind of Chinese flamethrower?? similar to Greek fire.
The Yassa was Genghis Khan´s code for his people. I have a list of its main articles somewhere.

Well, it's been five years. Time for an update.

This scenario has been through several iterations. I started, stopped, restarted, stopped, and recently started it again from scratch (not that I have done much, anyway). Here's a preview of the map, so far.

The East

Spoiler :

The West

Spoiler :

It… looks… beautiful :love:

Does the map extend to the British isles and the Iberian Peninsula?

I thought about it, but it also means I'd have to include at least five extra civs and I'd rather put in the Assassins. So no.

I cut most of Southeast Asia as well, but I think the map's big enough anyway.

The Assassins of Alamut? What for? Better spend one of your 31 civs on something like the many Middle Eastern states or the different Steppe tribes.

The Assassins of Alamut? What for? Better spend one of your 31 civs on something like the many Middle Eastern states or the different Steppe tribes.

I think I've got the most important of those covered.

And the Assassins because I want to see how I could make the faction interesting to play.

They start with ONE city. I guess you could make it a regicide game and the Assassins' fortress be almost impregnable. Which would be more or less accurate since the sudden death of a monarch could have meant the collapse of an entire kingdom…

They start with ONE city.

Two! They have Masyaf too! (In Syria, near Damascus)

I guess you could make it a regicide game and the Assassins' fortress be almost impregnable. Which would be more or less accurate since the sudden death of a monarch could have meant the collapse of an entire kingdom…

That's what I'm intending to do.

But how would they defend Masyaf then?

Top Bottom