Mithra (Cat-Girl) Ranged Unit Pack

DJ Bonebraker

a.k.a Laura
Okay, I know that I've been gone for quite a while, but I have not been entirely idle on the Civ III front.... I've been slowly building models for an entire 4 era ranged flavor unit pack for Windhurst.

Ok, unit pack is now done, albeit about 3 weeks behind schedule.

Here's a list of the units in this pack:

Mithra Archer

Mithra Ranger

Mithra Gunner

Mithra Sniper

Welcome back! I noticed you sorta dissipated there for a while (most of us go through phases like that).

This is good, you've got the motion for the bow, I think if you make your arrows fly just a smidgeon faster it'll be perfect.

I'm supprised that Goldflash hasn't posted yet... Great job! :thumbsup:

odintheking said:
Great to see you back! BTW, after this, are you releasing the Ork Gargant?

Yeah, just give me a little time.... I have only got the head like, half finished right now, and don't have time to finish modeling it until I get the rest of this unit pack done. I'll probably submit that for the July Unit Maker's Challenge.

Orthanc, when I made the original Ranger unit (whose animations this one uses), the arrow travelled as fast as the Firaxis Civ III archer units.... I have, however, noticed that when I upload a .gif file to Image Shack that has different frame speeds (due to the unit having different speeds for the different animations), it seems to average the frame rate and apply it to all frames, which is why some animations seem a bit faster than they are in game, and some slower (like the attack and death).

Looks great. It'll be nice to have a full line of Mithras.:)

Glad you like them, Grandraem..... I'm also planning on doing a Mithra Worker flavor unit for windhurst as well. It's kind of interesting the way things have been working out on this mod....

Originally, there was very little flavor for any of the civs (other than having 3 UUs each), now the Euro and Med Human civs have different workers than the Asian, Mid-East and FF VII/VIII civs (the former is Dom Pedro II's European Peasant, and the latter is the Sengoku mod Japanese Worker), and the two heavily Elvaan civs (Light Warriors and San d'Oria) have their own Flavor Defensive Unit and Worker/Settler lines, the Orcs have an entire flavor Offensive line, worker, settler, Modern Paratrooper (a.k.a. Storm Boyz) and Marine (Kommando); and the Dwarves have the most flavor of any civ in the game.... They have a worker, offensive line, defensive line, settler, Unique Ship and a unique Armored unit. Some of the FF XI civs are also getting more flavor, since I want to do a Galka worker for Bastok and Selbina, and Windhurst has a TaruTaru settler (a.k.a. Kinboat's Hobbit), and will be getting a full Mithra defensive unit line and worker. I'm also planning (using the same animations that these units have) to make a Viera defensive unit line for Bervenia (from FF TA), in addition to their Viera settler and Bangaa Worker.

Oh, Hey Cloud, I cross-posted with you... Since I've seen FF VII: Advent Children, I've got the Urge to Re-do the Cloud Strife King unit.... If I could find a wicked looking bike like he had in the movie, I'll be re-doing him grand style!

Looks great. :goodjob: She looks like a playboy bunny with a tale. :D

Spoiler :
But i liked your russian female sniper 's grip more. :mischief:

Goldflash Died. He drowned in a puddle of his own drool.

Or I should have, anyway. Now I have to figure out how to work every one into my dumb fantasy mod. The Ustala civ is going to be wierd.

Looks nice!
since I´m here: Hikaro, Aluminium says you´ve got his storyboards. is that true?

Yeah, but I haven't had the time to properly convert them.... If you want solid black shadows, and a few other minor animation bugs though, I could have them ready in a week....

AoE. Hikaro knows.
Hikaro: check your PMs.

Top Bottom