Kresta I Soviet missile cruiser

vingrjoe

Landlocked Shipwright
It's finally done, after much procrastinating. This is the early Cold War era Soviet missile cruiser Kresta I. It packed less ASUW firepower than the Kynda class before it, but it had better AAW capabilities.

I increased the model scale by around 15%, so more detail could be seen.

Included in the zip are the Flics (Default,Death,AttackA, and Run), the INI, unit32 icon and Civpedia icons. No sound effects for the time being.

Version 1.0 (06-20-2006):
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads12/Kresta_I.zip

Attachments

• Kresta%20I%20Preview%2001.jpg
    Kresta%20I%20Preview%2001.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 1,249
  • Kresta I preview.gif
    Kresta I preview.gif
    93.9 KB · Views: 1,069
No problem stormrage if memory serves me correctly VJ said he was taking a break from unit creating awhile back glad to see him back in business.

Yesss- the man is back in town :) with a new mount- (err boat, in this case). And with some new vocab for non-English natives... "procrastinating"- is that what can make you blind if done in excess? :D

good to see the absence has made u return in style :) pretty sharp hull lines there :king:

W.i.n.t.e.r said:
Yesss- the man is back in town :) with a new mount- (err boat, in this case). And with some new vocab for non-English natives... "procrastinating"- is that what can make you blind if done in excess? :D

...Noooo... Thats Masturbating. Procrastinating is not doing somethign even when you have ample time, resources, and ability to do it.

I like the new lighting effects.

Very nice, Soviet ships are so fun.

Glad to see I'm not the only shipwright around anymore:D

Awesome unit, vingrjoe. Nicely rendered. :)

@Goldflash: :lol:

vingrjoe said:
It's finally done, after much procrastinating. This is the early Cold War era Soviet missile cruiser Kresta I. It packed less ASUW firepower than the Kynda class before it, but it had better AAW capabilities.

I increased the model scale by around 15%, so more detail could be seen.

Included in the zip are the Flics (Default,Death,AttackA, and Run), the INI, unit32 icon and Civpedia icons. No sound effects for the time being.

Version 1.0 (06-20-2006):
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads12/Kresta_I.zip

As usual, Vingrjoe, super stuff.
One question I have, (which I already know the answer to), is how much difficulty would it be to increase the scale of ALL your units so all the beautiful detail would show up?

Naturally, I know that would be a nightmare, but the one thing that has always disappointed me is that so much of your work (and this includes all the great unit makers) is lost when the units are shrunk down to fit the Civ III schema.

I believe I would not be the only one who thinks that if they can have ridiculously large units in Civ IV that are really crappy graphics, then why not oversize units in Civ III, but with really great graphics.

I am always the first to champion game play over graphics, but I would live with that loss of realism to see the detail you and others put into these units.

Top Bottom