Space Fighters (07/08/06)

R

Rabbit, White

Not by any means to step on woodelf's toes (he's doing awesome work) but I found some nice low poly space fighters same place I found those medieval buildings (TurboSquid) and finally got around to exporting them into Civ4.

Download

I didn't do much other than setup a glossmap and obviously convert textures to DDS and export the models to NIF. The textures are a bit dark IMO so hopefully someone will come up with something more civ4-like and interesting. They use Jet Fighter animations, which means that you just need to have the KFM tag in art definition point to the vanilla jet fighter KFM, you do not need to copy the jet fighter animation files into the folder with space fighters.

Also, these unfortunately do not support team colors, and it seems that without animating them it might not be even possible to add team color support. This means there is no _fx files, which means both NIF and SHADERNIF tags must point to the same space fighter NIF. It does not mean that the SHADERNIF tag can keep pointing to the jet fighter fx file.

Here are more screenies.

Enjoy :thumbsup:

Attachments

• SpaceFighters.zip
    155.3 KB · Views: 1,083
Awesome work Rabbit. The more the merrier. I'm sure my toes will heal in time. ;)

woodelf said:
Awesome work Rabbit. The more the merrier. I'm sure my toes will heal in time. ;)
Boy, you're fast! Like Speedy Gonzales - Aye Caramba! :D

You could also start and convert the WH40K Aircrafts from Turbosquid - I´m sure TGA would love you for that (If he hasn´t done it himself by now?).

I would do it myself, but you know WHFB-Playtesting and Bughunting phase (besides some RL).

Duke van Frost said:
You could also start and convert the WH40K Aircrafts from Turbosquid - I´m sure TGA would love you for that (If he hasn´t done it himself by now?).

I would do it myself, but you know WHFB-Playtesting and Bughunting phase (besides some RL).
Actually, funny thing is I tried couple of them a while back and for some reason the 3ds files wouldn't load :confused: I should try maybe other models from that group though, some of them bound to work :D

Awesome. I'm glad we're tapping into other sources of models as well; we need as much as we can get our hands on!

Hi guys,

i check this units to add it to my mod but there is something wrong !

I use the files from the original download
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1038

but the gunfire ( Laser .... ) is shooting in the wrong direction.
I expect a fire to the front but the laser beam is going to the rear :crazyeye:
The model is cool and aslo a little bit unique.
Need the gunfire fixed. I try to edit the nif and kfm files over hours but can't find a solution. Ok my skills in nifskope are not the best -
can someone help here ?

Thanks in advance

found an solution for the laser direction.
The nif file needs to updated see below pics

Attachments

• 2012-11-01_140207.jpg
    2012-11-01_140207.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 83
  • 2012-11-01_140229.jpg
    2012-11-01_140229.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 66
Top Bottom