[SDKMOD] Nuke Anywhere

Sevo

Leaf on the Wind
Nuke Anywhere SDK Mod

A few straightforward changes to allow targeting of nukes anywhere, not just enemy territory.

Release: 1.0
Files changed: CvUnit.cpp
Specifics:

-Allows nukes to be targeted at any square on the map, regardless of whose territory it is and whose units are sitting in it.
-Any team with territory or units hit by the nuke will declare war on you.
-Your own teammates will not declare war (the first test-run resulted with me declaring war on myself...I couldn't figure out how to make peace...)

The only file included is the CvUnit.cpp, as this is really meant to be used in other SDK applications. All modified code blocks are demarcated with "//Sevomod ..." for easy identification.

Attachments

• SevoNukeAnywhere.zip
    36.1 KB · Views: 720
Very cool Sevo :goodjob:

Care if I integrate this into the next version of my M.A.D. Nukes Mod?

TheLopez said:
Very cool Sevo :goodjob:

Care if I integrate this into the next version of my M.A.D. Nukes Mod?

Not at all. They'd work well together. Let me know if you want a DLL version, but the single file is all you'll need if you want to compile yourself with other stuff.

Jeckel said:
Sweet, nukes are finnally getting back to what they should be. :)

I agree. I hated not being able to nuke anywhere I wanted. Sometimes you just want to nuke one of your own cities. You know. To keep the others in line...

I'm looking into an option wherein the nukes will also wipe out the land they hit much more; to the tune of a random chance to turn them into desert/tundra and possibly wiping out resources, too. Nukes should be devestating and everyone should have some fear of the power of a nuclear strike.

Nice to see your getting into the SDK Sevo, might I sugjest you include some kind of toggle switch for your Mod such as a new Global Define "Real Nukes" or such which when set produces all of the various changes. Its more work but its good practice, gives users more control and is needed to get included in the CCP (ofcorse we can always add it, its just more work)

I'm interested to see how this one interacts with the MAD mod. Should be a cool experiment!

Impaler[WrG] said:
Nice to see your getting into the SDK Sevo, might I sugjest you include some kind of toggle switch for your Mod such as a new Global Define "Real Nukes" or such which when set produces all of the various changes. Its more work but its good practice, gives users more control and is needed to get included in the CCP (ofcorse we can always add it, its just more work)

But I don't want my users to be able to turn it off. :)

I can add it in if it will help you guys, but I won't need the on/off functionality the CCCP is aiming to achieve for my purposes. I'll post an update in a day or two when I come back around to the code.

Oooooh...

Now when a nuclear power is invaded, they can launch in a "last ditch effort" to control the invasion. Will bring a lot of strategy back to the modern day, especially when it's included into the MAD mod.

:Runs off to check on the MAD nukes mod:

Sevo said:
Nuke Anywhere SDK Mod

-Your own teammates will not declare war (the first test-run resulted with me declaring war on myself...I couldn't figure out how to make peace...)

with "//Sevomod ..." for easy identification.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
how did you declare peace
:rotfl:

your own teammates wont declare war on you? do you mean people you have a mutual protection pact with? (not even sure if you can do that in this game. Im new to civ4) and if so... you can just nuke the hell out of your friends? info plz.

Top Bottom