ainwood

Consultant.
Administrator

COTM 27: China!

Civilization: China
Rivals: 7 pre-selected.
Barbarians: None
Difficulty: Demi-God
Land Form: Continents, 60% ocean, standard map.
Geology: 5 billion years old, Temperate, normal.

Special note: This game is with "Most Aggressive AI".

Conquest-Class Bonuses:
  1. Start with a bonus worker, settler and two spearman.

Predator-Class Equalisers:
  1. Start knowing no technologies.
  2. AI free units increased to SID level.

Woot! I've been expecting China for a long time now :dance:. I always used to play China in my own games, but haven't done so since I became a competent player, cos I've only played xOTM since then.
1 NW looks like a good spot. There seems to be sugar in the fog to south; both that and the oases act as beegee equivalents. But is it worth looking over the hills in the hope of seeing another food bonus? There are deserts there which might hold a river...

With most Aggressive AI on Demigod Level, isn't it better to stay where you ar and settle on spot?

Well, what's one turn between friends? With three beegees and the moo, we can do the very versatile 6x10 shield combo factory like we had in the Roman game.
But yeah, I'm scared by Most Agressive demigods.

Incidentally, does the predator handicap "free units" refer to AI starting units or t/c/m unit support? GOTM57 pregame thread said "AI free units increased to emperor level" but the download page said "AI unit support is increased to emperor level", and I'm not sure which it was in the end.

Worker to the cow, settler 1 NW, build a few (3) warriors to scout and a settler before starting the granary. I want an archer factory up and running asap, i dont trust Demi-God AIs.

Ansar the King said:
I will settle one tile SW. There is sugar 2 SW of the settler's current position. ;)

Most likely you will want to use the "highest powered" tile ASAP, which rules out a move SW. SW will keep the cow out of your borders until turn 10, which could (potentially) cost you a couple of good city locations.

azzaman333 said:
Most likely you will want to use the "highest powered" tile ASAP, which rules out a move SW. SW will keep the cow out of your borders until turn 10, which could (potentially) cost you a couple of good city locations.
I thought about that...and now I shall edit my post. thanks for the heads up.

Cool, I've been wanting a Demigawd game. But most aggressive AI? :scared:

Ansar the King said:
There is sugar 2 SW of the settler's current position. ;)
hmm, so the starting porsition will get +4 food (irrigated cow) and 2 bg-lookalikes (mined oasis and mined sugar). A shame we can't see an extra food somewhere. I don't suppose you foggazers can say something about the north east and sout east ?
Moving the worker first to the cow will reveal an extra 3 tiles in the starting fat cross though.

Perhaps research to the wheel first and with nearby horses research to hbr second could be in order. Probably the best way to deal with "most aggressive AI" is being a "most agressive HI".

Is there a Predator Conquest Challenge for this game?

classical_hero said:
What are you talking about?
Usually there are people who like playing on Predator, but feel that they need a challenge once in a while. usually the people in the Predator Challenges are tR1cky, Niklas, PaperBeetle, Paul #42 and such. :devil:

We have only issued Predator Challenges for the GOTM games, I guess because tR1cKy has been the source of them and he (like me) only plays the GOTMs. But if you want one, why not simply issue one for this game? They are really fun! :)

EDIT: I should add to those who don't know what they are, it's not about handicapping ourselves further than predator. But since the participation has dropped for GOTM, we set up a single victory condition that all of those who join the challenge go for. That guarantees that we'll have someone to compare our games with, and compete against.

Then a Predator Conquest Challenge is issued :devil:

Move worker to cow, if there's nothing on the plain 1NW I'll re-do maths and make sure I have my 6t horse/settler a-workin.

Map is continents so I'll go for a builder's tech tree towards rep, MM, and chivalry. Game should end there.

Oh dear, demigod!!!!!!!!:eek:
Emperor is a challenge for me, and most aggressive AI's!!:cry:
I will settle city 1 NW, and city 2, probably W,SW,SW of start location.

Well, This is going to be a VERY rude awakening for me... I've never played Demi-God before, and have a tough time with the monarch difficulty...:help:

I'm going to do the same as just about everyone else, worker to cow, settler one NW. I'm thinking this will be a good time to try out an infinite city sprawl city layout. It's against my usual style, but I don't plan on winning this one anyway. :spear:

Everybody looking for a good time but emperor or below level ;)

Top Bottom