Gotm 67

Duke of Marlbrough

The Quiet Moderator
Retired Moderator
LordValuna said:
my bets are on 4 specials.
Unfortunately, it is a 3 special site. The closest 4 special site is 6 tiles away on the same island (4 tiles west of the mountain).

This is a great set up for conquest players (restrats off), space ship players (playing purple civ), and OCC players (3 special site with ocean access, 7 civs, and 2 settlers). The shape of the world is unusual and reminiscent of the gauntlet (GOTM 58).

I am excited to get started. But I have to spend this week finishing off GOTM66.

Duke of Marlbrough said:
Map: 250x40, Round map, Large continents
Let me see if I got this right. A 10,000 square map
So this will be a 520 turn game and use the appropriate colomn from the files uploaded by DoM in the thread "Oedo years - I think this should be common knowledge"
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=649

Personally I have three resolutions for this game
1) Not to chomp all the huts I find until I get Monarchy.
2) Use the tech path of CoL-Cer-Bro-MON-Cur-TRA-Wri-Lit-Mys-Phi-Hor-PT-MT-REP without taking any side paths with the exception of mapmaking if I'm in a position to trade maps
3) Actually build some libraries and to make trade a priority(for the science)

LordValuna said:
Let me see if I got this right. A 10,000 square map
So this will be a 520 turn game and use the appropriate colomn from the files uploaded by DoM in the thread "Oedo years - I think this should be common knowledge"
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=649

Actually, for some reason the game looks to operating off of the 470 turn listing.

When I create a new map with the same dimentions it is 520 turns. This game it is 470 turns. Weird.

Results are up.
Congratulations winning this one Ali Ardavan. I'm a bit surprised that I was the fastest with a spaceship landing (it was my first GOTM with a spaceship landing).

Also congratulations to Peaster with the fastest finish and Mercurios for that amazing amount of score (13676 points).

I think there is a mistake for the gotm score of Dinamo, he should get 470 because if he finished in 1685 AD it means that his number of turns is 238 and not 288. I'm surprised that Magic_gorter did the fastest earlier landing with just a population of 10 million.

I've just looked at the results and Tigui's post and I think that he is right. My end turn was 238 not 288 so my score suposed to be bigger. :scan: I guess that the Duke could help me with this one. Thanks in advance. :goodjob:

Tigui said:
I think there is a mistake for the gotm score of Dinamo, he should get 470 because if he finished in 1685 AD it means that his number of turns is 238 and not 288. I'm surprised that Magic_gorter did the fastest earlier landing with just a population of 10 million.

Population does not say anything about the amount of cities or the time to discover something new. Because I played early landing style it's not necessary to have much cities. And only one city should be big to get those science beakers....the SSC.

Nope. It's 288 turns.

The game was running on the 520 turns chart, not the 470 turns chart.

That did however bring to light that I forgot to change the number of turns when scoring the game so they have all been tweaked a bit.

I still don't understand because in your modification there is still an unrealist difference between the turn of Dinamo and The Viking. It's also the same thing for the number of turn of the other players wich was for the 470 turns chart and didn't change in your modification.

Top Bottom