High-Elf Shadow Warrior (Aug 24, 2006)

aaglo

Furioso!
Hi!
Here's a High-Elf Shadow Warrior from Warhammer Fantasy. Enjoy :)

Here's some civilopedia from games workshop website:
Even in times of relative peace, the Shadow Warriors are never at rest. They constantly patrol the barren shores and bleakest hills as they watch for the inevitable Dark Elf raiders; the evil Druchii who sank their homeland beneath the waves and who steal their children and slaughter their kin. Little wonder then that battles between them are bitterly fought with no quarter asked or given.

Here's the file:
High-Elf Shadow Warrior

Here's an animated preview:

Here's a civilopedia preview:

Been away from the forums (and civ) for a while, glad to see that Aaglo still makes units! Amazing stuff, you still do these in PovRay I assume?

Only tiny thing is that the legs perhaps should be a bit longer as Stormrage pointed out, but that's not a big deal. The animations and detail of this is just brilliant.

Hmm aaglo you make fantastic unit's, but.. I don't know how to put it, but something about this unit makes me not like it. The animations are as great as always. It just doesn't seem so elvish to me, for some reason. I think maybe making it thinner and giving it a higher bow would help.

Don't worry, you're still one of the best unit creators out there :)

Maybe it's not very elf-ish, no Spock-ears are visible, and he is a little more beefy than elves have tended to be. Proportions aren't very far off to me, again, maybe since he's an elf he should lean towards taller legs rather than torso, for a human it's just about perfect.

Anywho, it's an excellent unit, aaglo really has made Civ 3 into his own game. :thumbsup:

Another great unit! :goodjob: I aggree with Vuldacon on his last comment; the clarity and the contrast of your units in general are making them more noticeable in game and allow you an higher lever of details than other units available. And the more details, the better!!

Great unit Aaglo :worship:. IMO this seems to capture the essence of Shadow Warriors very well, despite being ever so slightly chunky :mischief:. I imagine that it could be used for many scenarios, not just WH.

I'd say I'm happy to see the unit, whether it looks a bit like the Kislevite Kossar or not. Adapting units like this means more units overall, which satisfys the deep vampiric hunger in the WH mod's fans. *licks fangs*

Plus now Aaglo can get back to the important units, like bloodletters and daemonettes. :D

Top Bottom