TROLL - October 31, 2006

Bjornlo

Deity

Born on Halloween, he had always felt that a curse. Trouble seemed drawn to him, and he to it.

Then came that day. The day he drew blood. It was such a little thing. An, accident really. But, oh it felt so good. He felt ashamed and scared of his increasingly wicked thoughts and impulses. Then every slight and imagined wrong began to come back to him. He felt his anger and hatred grow. He felt their stares, their silent mockery. Who were they to judge him? Why should he let them label him. This time he struck with a purpose, with a reason. And it felt so good. Their fake surprise, and crys of "why" inflamed him. As if they didn't know? As if they didn't bring this on themselves? It was what they deserved.

After that the changes began. At first he was frightened... But then he realized it was their fault. And, with that the changes came faster. He felt his strength grow. His sense of power was amplified. Soon he began to take joy in the terror his new appearance caused him.

They would pay, and but before their eyes glazed over, they would worship him with their fear. Now was his time. Now was the time of pain, blood and retribution.

Download the complete unit
Here

Previews:

Default -> fidget ->run -> Default -> Fortify -> attack -> Victory

Death Varient:

turn to stone, turn to stone and fall, fall (does not turn to stone)

This unit includes all needed files:
Installation instructions
Civilopedia Icons
Units32 icon
Animation files
Attack, Defeat, Run, Victory, Default, Fidget, Fortify and alternate deaths
Sound files
for all animations except for default. Varients on several sound files.
Sound files and animations sync'ed at least moderately well.
Civilopedia.txt content
Pediaicons.txt content

------
Notes:
My second Poser unit. This time I decided to try to push it a little. I used none of the standard items. No PDM, no pre-existing poses, animations, etc.
It was fun, I like it. I hope you do to.

Enjoy.

------
Winner, Unit of the Month for October 2006

I thought TROLLs were banned on this forum :confused:

J/K Nice unit!

Thanks alot guys.

But, predictably I messed up version 1.00. I forgot the units32 icon. I made it, but somehow it crawled out of the zip file and made a run for it.
Well, I corraled it, re-zipped the files. The link above now points to the complete file.

Sweet. Sweet. Stone. Troll. Sweet. GREN-DELLLLLLL!!!!!!!

Argh.

Hey, Goldflash. I love that strongbad. Very funny, I had not seen it before.
Yeah, LMR there was a bit of a delay between the preview and the release. I had to buy a new diskdrive and reinstall everything. And, once installed I spent a bunch of time with the sounds.

Anyone care to guess what the victory sound is?

Looks fantastic. The time you put into it really shows.:goodjob: :)

This is cooler than most movie monsters....but dude, that fidget animation and sound are slightly gross. I guess trolls are supposed to be that way? these might be the best unit animations ever. especially because they are a little gross i think. it acts real. why is it green? Can you make one that is brown/gray?
my guess on the victory sound is that it is you. If I am right will you make me a unit?

take me back to dungeons and dragons.
In DND we had to burn trolls to get rid of them. would u consaider a burn death?
I like the color and the scratch. I did not see the scratch in the preview. very funny.

Again, thanks guys. I really do appreciate the comments. I am glad you are enjoying both the animations and the sounds. I enjoyed making both.

To answer your questions.
It is green because folk tales some times had them as green. And, I liked it that way. It was a nod towards Aaglo who is the undisputed king of civ3 monsters. I am not planning to make a different colored one at this time. If one of the C&P guys wants to take this one, they are welcome to.
I will not make you a unit if you guess what the victory sound is, I was only curious if anyone was going to be able to guess it.
Yes, the fidget is a little gross... but hey, it's a troll! And it's nothing you didn't see at a baseball game. hehe.

@Voltron...this is definatly NOT a D&D troll...they are skinnier and have long noses...

@Bjornlo...Wow...you went all out with this one...great variety and multiple death options...the animations are great...Makes me wanna send him in to clobber something...

Top Bottom