Many Leaders Game

mice

Moose
Take your pick of leaders, from the same start.

Concurrent games from the SAME start point with any leader in the game. After 50 turns we compare notes and see who's doing well or not.

After that, play another round and see what happens.

Nice to compare Financial to Philosophical, Charismatic to .......... And of course compare play styles and ability.

Any number of people can play, just request a leader and I'll post the start.

Map: Fractal
Level: Prince (too easy?sorry, Monarch is too hard for me)
Build: 2.08
Speed: Normal
Leader? up to you.

All difficulty level players welcome.

When a leader is taken, you have to choose another one.
Taken so far: Alexander,Ramesses,Victoria,Brennus,Augustus,Hannibal,Mehemed.

Looks like a nice idea. Prince 2.08 is fine, I keep getting whomped on monarch! Haven't decided on a leader yet.

Very good idea, Mice. I'd like to play too, if you guys don't mind a Noble player trying to spread his wings!
That said, I'd like an advice on the leader. I'm doing fine with Gandhi, but I think I should stay out of Spiritual leaders to learn more. I'd like the vanilla Freddy (Cre/Phi), but there isn't a leader with that traits anymore... Maybe Augustus Caesar! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh can't decide! Help meeeeeeeee! :crazyeye:
And I must ask how long would a round take. Weekly? 3-days? And how will this go on?

Care to post the save? I will play, although I normally play at monarch/emperor so take that for what it's worth. I think this is a good idea.

With the civs that don't start with hunting you should change the scout to a warrior. Great idea to do this.

Good point. I didnt think about that. It may take a few hours to change that .
I'll try to get the saves up soon.

Futurehermit,
The start is the one in the screenshots, but I can't post one until you choose a leader. I'm aware that you play at the higher level.
Your discussion can be good for other players, and later you could start a high level one. I hope you play this one.

fbelintani, about the rounds. How about 2 or 3 days. About leader, counting out spiritual, theres always financial, maybe Korea or Mali. I tried Augustus to make use of creative and organised, but I just dont have luck with him. You could try Philo and make use of the rich food start we have.

Cabert, Rammy it is. I'll post it soon.

What the heck, another chance to embarass myself that's too good to miss! Hannibal (not Lecter) the Carthinigian if you would please.

Cool. Line up so far:

Kanga_DU, Hannibal

fbelintani, Alex

Cabert, Ramesses

Mice , Brennus

Pigswill and Futurehermit still deciding.

saves coming real soon

Futurehermit, you have to tell me which leader you want to play, then I set up the save with this leader. It takes about 4 minutes but it's fiddley.

Previous post has leaders already taken.The screeshots in post 1 have the start position.

Here's the saves. Feel free to play on, but I'm going to wait for Pigswill and any other players.

This is an experimental thread so any ideas are welcome on how it could go.

My thought was to play out 50 turns and then just compare notes. People who play soon could put things in a spoiler tab.

50 turns, normal speed takes us to 2000 BC.

Turnset closed around Thursday, then on to the next turnset - number of moves to be decided.

People can enter the game late and catch up if they want to (?)

Cabert suggested an overall aim like domination because intermediate goals( like first to circumnavigate) can conflict with people's playstyle/map situation.

So we can just see how the game goes and decide later on a resolution.

"We are not amused" Victoria for me please.

Top Bottom