Asiatic Swordsman

odintheking

Lighting the way...
This was requested by utro for his mod. I had a snow day today (even though it didn't snow) so I used the hours of boredom to finish this guy. He turned out pretty well, I think. Pretty generic, could be used for just about anyone. Enjoy!

DOWNLOAD

Looks great!:) You're making a lot of improvement quickly (though your first unit was already nice). The animations are well done. Good job.:goodjob: :)

Sorry, after hours of rendering and nitpicking you kind of go into a trance. Your eyelids stop working, your butt hurts and you lose basic consciousness. Name changed, :cringe: Thanks for the preview, Par!

Brilliant! Your talent for unit making more than out shines that glare off of your forehead mate!

From here, life gets a little bit more interesting...the talent agents at Firaxis will surely be watching you now. . .If you suddenly disapear, who should we notify? Your next of kin? Your cat?

This is a great unit, Odin. I really like the victory and the death is good to (I know those are hard). Two minor suggestions: rotate the hips, abs, and neck in the default to give a little movement (2 degrees should do it). Add 4 frames to the attack anim. Copy frame 10 to 14 and fill in the other new ones with the + in the key frame editor. This will slow down the backswing, making the thrust look faster. Also, increase the attack flic speed. I know this is minor, but there's not much I can say about such a well done unit.

I must admit it's very good. You're showing much potential with your first two units. I'm confident you'll soon turn into an exceptional unit maker!

Really nice.. although, i personaly would like darker tunica (or how this skirt thingie is called).. brown or something

Thanks for the positive feedback, everyone! I really didn't expect the unit to come out this well. When I was designing the victory and death, especially, I thought they were sub-par, and I would redo them. Even in all the animations, I had problems with the feet moving or levitating. But when everything came out rendered and finished, I looked at them and was stunned that they didn't come out looking like crap, :lol:

Top Bottom