Term 1 - Office of the Chieftain

ice2k4

Emperor
Welcome fine citizens to the Royal Palace and Office of the Chieftain. Here you can worship your great leader, as well as list your grievances (and then face the lions.);) Seriously though, welcome to the great [nation name] The following few posts will offer quite vital information about the game and more importantly meta-game.

National Headlines
Hiring of Deputies
Currently the Office of the Chieftain is hiring deputies. The hours are long and they pay is low, but hey, you don't really have a choice. Please post in this thread to apply for a deputy job. The positions that are currently vacant are:

Chieftain's First Deputy: Will take the chieftain's position in his absence (if there is one) and will act as his assistant. Will also make sure the Designated Player Pool runs rather smoothly. Also will serve the chieftain at his every call (kidding.)

History Scribe: Will write both a detailed, concise, list, recording events both in-game and partially meta-game, as well a more colorful, role-play oriented version of history.

Legal Adviser: Not a constantly consulted deputy. The main job is take make sure that all the Chieftain's instructions and doings are legal. Should also notify the Chieftain about the current legal happenings and debates, as the current Chieftain doesn't prefer to read through those long tedious posts himself. (Sorry, I'm just not a legal guy.)

Cartographer: Will take screenshots of the save, mostly of maps, as well as demographics and other useful screens. It really is a decent amount of work though. Oldbus did a great job last demogame, and if you look in the Cartograpghy office there you can get a feel of how much work it is. Although, I would like some screenshots zoomed out a bit, or connected via image editing program, since sometimes it's hard to look at a map broken up into 4 or 5 different images, and guess on what gos where.

I'd like to offer my services in History Scribe. I know I'm not experienced so I won't take rejection hard but I will work hard on this and get all that is needed for a good historical base.

what is the pay?;) :D . Seriously, what would happen if the deputies don't do their job well? do they get sued?:lol:

I would like to offer myself for the position of legal advisor, i am quite good at looking though compicated language and making sense of it, my main expericence has been hospital legal forms:crazyeye:

I would like to apply for Deputy of this office if possible.

Congratulations Methos, you have been appointed to Chieftain's first deputy.

Sorry CivGeneral, he asked first, plus he was the only one who ran against me. I'm not going to appoint anyone else today. So if you want you can reapply for another position.

Also, I want to open up one last deputy position:

Cartographer: Will take screenshots of the save, mostly of maps, as well as demographics and other useful screens. It really is a decent amount of work though. Oldbus did a great job last demogame, and if you look in the Cartograpghy office there you can get a feel of how much work it is. Although, I would like some screenshots zoomed out a bit, or connected via image editing program, since sometimes it's hard to look at a map broken up into 4 or 5 different images, and guess on what gos where.

Shot, there are no other possition...

...Oh wait. Could I apply for the Cartograpy one?

Congratulations CivGeneral, you have been appointed as Cartographer.
Congratulations JoeHarker, you have been appointed as Legal Advisor.
Congratulations Jdubdixon, you have been appointed as History Scribe.

@chessplayer Any action committed by my deputies become my responsibility. Although I can not sure them, I can fire them.

Methos, as my First Deputy, managing the DP Pool, will require the following. PM a notice message to the designated player who is "up" and pm'ing a notice to the dp who is "on deck" Also check out the Turnchat Schedule / Summary Thread, as you will be in charge of that.

Cheers :cheers:
Thank you, my first offical post. Whoo hoo!

Sorry got carried away!:p

Methos, as my First Deputy, managing the DP Pool, will require the following. PM a notice message to the designated player who is "up" and pm'ing a notice to the dp who is "on deck" Also check out the Turnchat Schedule / Summary Thread, as you will be in charge of that.

Got it....

Chieftain Ice2k4,

I was just thinking, given the start save, and now knowing our that we are the Fearsome Mongols...

I would like to propose to you a name change to your title.

How does Khan Ice2k4 the First sound?

Or Khagan, "Khan of Khans."

CivGeneral, I have posted the Cartography Office.

I would prefer if you posted your first post as The Great Atlas which links to all posts with screenshots, much like the Cartography Office in the last demogame.

I'll use post #2 to link all Great Atlases posted in different terms (since the cartographer, unless it's you, can not edit your post of the Great Atlas.

Jdubdixon, I posted the History Office

Basically your first post should be the shorter role-play oreinted version of history, which you will continuously update, and the second post would be the detailed version of in-game history (including settling of cities, wars, great people born around the world, religions founded etc.)

I'd like to suggest another executive session. It has been suggested and seconded in the capital site thread that we move the scout 1S, and then if nothing important is revealed move the settler 1S. A little more time for discussion would be good, perhaps in its own thread in the citizens forum. Then hopefully we'll come to a concensus on where to settle, and the 1st turnchat can proceed full speed. :)

I'll be making the executive order tonight, and this time giving it until tomorrow morning, allowing citizens to make objections. If three citizens object, than I will call it off. I will not be home until around 5 or 6 EST which is two or three hours before the next scheduled turnchat, so I will be leaving the instructions, then I'll give the instructions to the scheduled turnchat when I get home.

Top Bottom