Binding Plurality Poll Act

Shall the Binding Plurality Poll Act be enacted?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DaveShack

Inventor
Retired Moderator
The Plurality Decisions Act

Any single choice poll which does not state an interpretation criteria, and is not by rule subject to a specific criteria, shall be decided by designating the option receiving the most votes as binding.

Public poll, 4 days duration

link to discussion thread

Where's Abstain? :p

I'm confused though... how's this different from a normal poll? Isn't it already the most votes wins? :confused: The legalese is Greek to me.

Isn't it already the most votes wins?

At the moment there is no law saying so, and although most people (the ones with some common sense?) already felt that the option with most votes should win, there were some people who believed that an option should get a majority (>50%)) before it should be considered the winner. This initiative is aimed at stopping those critics.

At the moment there is no law saying so, and although most people (the ones with some common sense?) already felt that the option with most votes should win, there were some people who believed that an option should get a majority (>50%)) before it should be considered the winner. This initiative is aimed at stopping those critics.

It will take more than this poll to stop this critic. :rolleyes:

No one (to my knowledge) has argued that the option getting the most votes in a poll is not the winner. Some (including myself) have argued that the option getting the most votes should not automatically be considered a binding group decision. I know this is a very difficult legalese concept for some of you to grasp.

Feel free to bring your proposal to a (fair) poll donsig, I guess the outcome of that poll will say it all?!

I don't like it. Imposing a single polling regulation in a single initiative is bound to cause confusion at some point. So far in this game, I'm content with letting officials interpret polls as they see fit, seeing as we've only got two elected officials that'll be dealing with the polls, and because they act at risk of electoral defeat.

Top Bottom