New Unit: Atlantes Spearman(4/12/2007)

Sword_Of_Geddon

Arbiter of the Sword

From the Toltec Empire comes the Atlantes Spearman, their UU, ready to rumble. Redone version of my orginal(and quite bad) Atlantes. Based on the mysteryious statues found in Tollan, the Toltecs old capital.

Download: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=4565&act=down

Fixed the offset, so all the flics are centered correctly.

This is much, much better. Clearly the best unit you've made so far. :goodjob: But isn't he stabbing a bit low? Definitely wouldn't want to be at the recieving end of that spear! :p

Yeah, I noticed the leg going through the cape as well. Try using the swing_back and the run_right_back morphs--I think those are the right names anyway.

But, overall, you're getting better.

Agreed, this is one of your best units yet. Me likey!

I already made a era-specific leaderhead for them as well, check the downloads section above, in the Civ3 Leaderhead section, select the most recent one. :) I reccomend taking out the Iroquois and moving the Americans to the European culture group..

This is a really nice rendition, the animations are much more fluid - one suggestion (I haven't seen this in game to be sure though) is that in the death he seems to fall too quickly (2 frames from standing to the ground), I think it might be beneficial to add 2-4 frames to the falling motion. But a very impressive unit nonetheless!

A nice improvement over the original. Keep up the good work.:)

Top Bottom