A different type of map

Minoan

Shah of Somewhere
Here's my fist attempt at making a map. The concept for this map was a large, single continent that stretches clean across the map. It's huge, and 31 civs are enabled. There are plenty of areas for canal cities, and so strategic city placement and navy use will be needed to access parts of the map and trade with different civs. It should be very hard to completely explore. I haven't tested it to much, so tell me if I should make any changes.

Right now the resources are random, but later, I might change it so that specific resources are found mostly in specific areas.

Tell me what you think!

EDIT: added read me.

EDIT 2: Version 1.1 added. A few more changes, nothing major.

EDIT: 3 whoops! Forgot to mention! This is made for C3C! :p

Edit 4: Picture, and version 1.2

Edit: 5: Version 1.3

Edit 6: Version 1.4 New Picture coming soon

Still to do:

Redistribute resources.

Attachments

• map screen.bmp
    250.5 KB · Views: 1,079
  • My first map!.zip
    39.1 KB · Views: 390
an easy way of taking screen shots are 1. Press "Prt Scrn" at the top of the key board and then go to the paint program and paste. But there are programs that could take a screen shot for you.

looked at it and WOW it looks awsome this is one i will play. Good job

when i download the zip file for the map, winzip says that it is an invalid file.

So what makes this different than a random map generated by the game?

mIRC :)P) Got it right, pretty much. It's also different from mmost randomly generated Pangaea maps in that it spreads across most of the map, rather than just taking up the center of it.

Read my user title!!! ;)

Spoiler :
And yeah, I know you realized, hence the :p.

:cheers:

Hmm, looks good. As long as I dont start on the continent with all the tundra. @_@

Top Bottom