ROTQM04: Refrains of the Quatrain Mavens

I played fifteen turns, and I know not wherefore
Came a knock from the front, ‘twas death at the door

He reached and he grabbed, took hold of my curlies
3rd place in power?!?! It’s enough to go hurley :vomit:

But that wasn’t all, oh no not by a long shot
A GE that we had, and GG that we got

Merged them both up, at Rome they took digs
I hear that the general is fond of his wigs ;)

But alas, down south, they came for An-tee-um
With units galore, like swatting ‘no-see-ums’

We had one silver line, of the Assembly sort
But unfortunately, now, we’re in need of a fort

With Antium gone, our hopes may be slim

I think that our fortunes will rest upon him

And those that are like him, the doughboys, I say
To push back the hordes, oh happy day

Meanwhile up north, our forces depleted
I cried and I cried, and sometimes I bleated :sheep:

Chang-Tzu was born, Theology he’d grant
He sent him to Vogos where he waits with no pants

Merge him, I think, is what I want to do
But who knows if that’s smart or a boo boo

And meanwhile as the Horde went north to ‘ainu
Our infantry ‘ttacked ‘em, much good it’ll do.

Here's what they have left, or what we can see

I wonder when them will let us all be

Well, it wasn't pretty, and we pretty much need to draft as much as possible, I think, for now.

Our only hope lies in modern weaponry. Infantry, Machine Guns w/First Strike promos, and Barrels are what we need.

Our small, tiny strike force STILL has not reached spain yet, but we have 6 workers finishing the road ~ let's hope that just doesn't make it easier for them to send units right up our middle (though *knock on wood* they don't seem to be doing that yet; just sending units north and south).

I'm not sure if we'll be able to win, but it'll be a fun ride to the end!

Attachments

• Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz AD-1855.CivWarlordsSave
    335.7 KB · Views: 59
zophos, i think, was in California 'till now
into a silk purse, he'll turn this ear of a sow

Grab the save, Ozzy. I'll play after you if the monkeyman doesn't call out.

A curious thing is happening here
Our workers have gone
They've just disappeared.
Oh, there they are
I shout out loud.
Building a road to nowhere
For the smallest stack
I ever did see.
Nevermind, say I
The cavalry can catch up
Um, what cavalry is that?
Your plain out of luck.
What about our northern stack?
There were plenty of them
They'll head our attack
I search high and low
I search near and far
Can't see them either
That's cause for concern.
Nevertheless, the show must go on
With flair, bravado, despair and aplomb
One last note, before opening night
One hundred ninety five turns
To go in this life.
I press ole F6 and select Fusion
240 turns it will take to go there
I'm racked with confusion
I think we can say given all the above
Our toast is roast
Our goose is cooked.
We're stuffed
We're screwed
We're thoroughly fooked.
There's only one thing we can possibly do
Build tanks and aircraft
An make sure Izzy is fooked too.

Well given the above, we're are absolutely no chance of acheiving the variant but we can still win, we've got to take Izzy down.

I switch research to Scintific Method, send the workers back home. There are still some stacks in the south and now we've lost the north, they're appearing there too.

There's a couple of large stacks using the road we made to invade us. This means we can't afford to retake our cities :mad:

Oh dear! Much whipping and drafting ensues.

We end up here, vaguely under control.

Even Huayana wants to pick on us. He will die next turn though.

Our pretend stack in the middle has found Izzy and is next to her city. We may be able to raze 1 or 2 of her cities which would be nice.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/88650/Prostetnic_Vogon_Jeltz_AD-1865.CivWarlordsSave

damn ~ i had totally forgotten about teh space and conquest variant! ah well, if we could just win, that'd be nice.

I realized there wasn't much point to the road, but i figured our workers were safer out there than at home.

edit: Ozzie, I imagine that's YOU in your profile here, correct? Not Lawrence of Arabia??

Surprises make life worth living
Surprise of the early bugle call
Surprise in the time of war
Surprise of being screwed

Surprise of losing two battles
with over 90% odds
twice
in a row

Making life worth a-livin'
life so unforgivin'
but now the sky is fallin'
hemp fandango is a-callin'

Djenne, my friends, is an ex-city.

Our stack in Spain got hit hard with cavalry. I tried to raze Santander with the remains but failed when I lost a battle with 93.4% odds. Then I promptly lost an infantry attacking a knight at 91.7 odds. :cuss:

Physics will be in next turn. I suggest going for artillery after that. It might turn the tide, probably not.

Known enemy troop locations.

Here's the save. Bend over.

Here's the save. Bend over.
ahh, so THAT's what your signature translates to :lol:

egads, are we sunk! What has more honor ~ knocking over your king, or trying to see if the 10 year old can checkmate you with his rook and king?? (trans: should we retire this baby??)

Never! Dishonor before death! Are we men or are we Vogons? We're Vogons and we'll blindedly blunder until our last ounce of Vogonity deflates from our useless, bloated corpses like an untied balloon, pointlessly zagging about the upper reaches of our metaphorical living rooms.

I am up and, if our outlook is as bleak as Arthur Dent's chance at nailing Trillian, I shall, at the very least, give our conquerors reason to remember their foes in their own, non-vogonic verse.

Well, things don't look well for our Vogon friends, indeed. Here it is, well beyond schedule for completing the hyperspace bypass and yet remains the annoyingly obtuse planet Earth, clearly defiant of galactic progress. Forturnately for our apoetic heroes, though, we live in an infinitely possible universe and, as it so happens, the infinitely-possible-yet-highly-improbable is precisely the sort of kick in the trousers this project needs.

And as is often the case, the man in front of the man behind the man behind the men behind the mice in power has just stolen the world's first infinite improbability drive ship, The Heart of Gold, and as is seldom the case, but almost always when one mixes gin and tonics with infinitessimal odds, Zaphod has just pressed the button...

...and the universe goes dark.

The Infinite Improbability Drive is a wonderful new method of crossing interstellar distances in a few seconds; without all that tedious mucking about in hyperspace. As the Improbability Drive reaches infinite improbability, it passes through every conceivable point in every conceivable universe almost simultaneously. In other words, you're never sure where you'll end up or even what species you'll be when you get there. It's therefore important to dress accordingly. The Infinite Improbability Drive was invented following research into finite improbability which was often used to break the ice at parties by making all the molecules in the hostess' undergarments leap one foot simultaneously to the left in accordance with the theory of indeterminacy. Many respectful physicists said they wouldn't go to stand for that sort of thing, partly because it was a debasement of science, but mostly because they didn't get invited to those sort of parties.

The Guide itself explains that generating finite levels of improbability using an electronic brain and a strong Brownian motion producer (say, a cup of hot tea) was very well understood, but that scientists lacked the means to create a drive that could produce the infinite improbability field required to allow a ship to travel anywhere instantaneously. It was generally concluded that such a drive was virtually impossible.

Eventually, a student reasoned that the infinite improbability drive had to be a finite improbability to be a virtual impossibility. After working out exactly how improbable, he fed that value into the finite improbability generator, gave it a really hot cup of tea, and managed to generate the infinite improbability generator out of thin air. After winning the Galactic Institute's prize for extreme cleverness, he was later lynched by other scientists who had been trying to make the generator for years, who finally worked out that what they really could not stand was a smart-ass.

In orbit now floats--above the vogon constructor fleet--the Heart of Gold. But what other random event might this one act of executive irresponsibility wrought?

Spoiler :

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/85158/Prostetnic_Vogon_Jeltz_AD-1885.CivWarlordsSave

Turns played. Our dudes killed stuff. Stuff killed our dudes. 72 nukes turned spain into a glowing pile of global warming. Typical set.

Top Bottom