The Wheel of Time Mod, second chance.

Sovin nai

Prince
Somewhere, lost in the Ages, there was a Wheel of Time mod try.
Now, I am trying to bring it back. I am not very good at explaining stuff, so if you want to know what this is about, go to http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=87138, which is the original post.
But, if you want to contribute in any way, you can. The old thread was started some two years ago, but they have lots of good ideas, and many of them are still valid. Most of them actually.

So far we have:
Civilizations and Leaders (quoted from a post by Micaelus in this thread. Look at the post for pictures of the possible leaderheads):
Spoiler :
Tenobia of the Borderlands

She is tall and pretty with a bold nose and large tilted eyes of dark deep blue. / She has an eagle's beak nose and a wide mouth. Her best feature is her tilted purple eyes.

Mattin Stepaneos of Illian

He is muscular. His beard is white and he is nearly bald. He has a well-broken nose and a creased face.

Darlin Sisnera of Tear

He has short, dark hair and blue eyes. / He is dark and not particularly handsome, with a too-long nose, but he has beautiful blue eyes. He is well into his middle years. He wears his hair close cropped and has a pointed beard.

Alsalam of Arad Doman

(No description yet)

Aliandre of Ghealdan

She is short of her middle years and quite lovely despite a nose perhaps too long for beauty. She has dark hair. / She is in her middle years. She is short with very long dark hair and a long nose.

Pedron Niall of Amadicia (Whitecloaks)

He is all sinew and bone, with white hair. He has dark eyes.
King Ailron of Amadicia (if Pedron Niall is seen as inappropriate)

He is somewhat handsome with a long nose and big ears. His full, wavy, dark hair is receding.

Berelain of Mayene

She is very beautiful with long black hair and dark eyes.

Roedran of Murandy]

(No description yet)

Tylin of Altara

...she has a regal bearing. She has glossy black hair with some gray at the temples. She is not young and has some gray, but she is handsome with large dark eyes.

Amathera of Tarabon

She is well short of her middle years. She is lovely with a pouty mouth and dark hair. / She has dark hair, large dark eyes, and a petulant rosebud mouth.

Galldrian of Cairhien

(No description yet)

Morgase of Andor

Beauty, matured and ripened. Her face and figure, her presence, fill the room like a light. She has blue eyes and long red-gold curls.

Aleis Barsalla, First Counsel of Far Madding (if it is to be included as a separate city-state)

She is tall and stately. She has black hair with white wings and an unlined face. She has dark eyes.

The Amrylin Seat (if Tar Valon is included as a separate city-state)

(No Description Yet)

Nesta din Reas Two Moons, Sea Folk Mistress of Ships

She is an old woman with white hair, as short and stocky. She has six rings in each ear and a nose ring. Tanned skin.

Radhanan, Empress of the Seanchan

(No description yet)

The Aiel could be two, one for Rand, leading the followers of the Dragon, and another for the Shaido.

Either Moridin or Shaidar Haran of the Shadowspan

The Unit Lists. I am quoting directly from a post in the original thread by CamJH
Spoiler :
BORDERLANDS:
Pikeman- Pikeman [Civ3]
Militia- Otomo Swordsman [Kinboat]
Archer- Otomo no Makuta [PTW]
Crossbowman- Crossbowman [Aluminum]
Aes Sedai- ___ (requires resource)
Warder- Warder [Kinboat] (enslaved by Aes Sedai)
Horseman- Shoni no Kagesuke [PTW]
Catapult- Catapult [Civ3]
Curragh- Curragh [C3C]
Galley- Galley [Civ3]
*Shienar*
Shienaran Infantry- Samurai [Civ3]
Shienaran Lancer- German Knight [Bebro]
*Saldaea*
Saldaean Rider- Chi. Rider [Civ3]
*Arafel*
Arafellin Infantry- Kensai [Kinboat]
*Kandor*
Kandori- Kandori [CamJH]

Tarabon:
Pikeman- Pikeman [Civ3]
Militia- Cuchulainn [Kinboat]
King’s Life Guard- King's Life Guard [CamJH]
Panarch’s Legion- Panarch's Legion [CamJH]
Archer- Longbowman [utahjazz7]
Horseman- Horseman [Civ3]
Knight- Knight [Civ3]
Illuminator- Hwach'a [PTW] (tradeable by resource)
Curragh- Curragh [C3C]
Galley- Galley [Civ3]

ANDOR:
Pikeman- Pikeman [Civ3]
Queen’s Guard- Huscarl [Aluminum]
Knight- Generic Knight Late 15th Century [Bebro]
Currah- Curragh [C3C]
Galley- Galley [Civ3]
*Two Rivers*
Two Rivers Bowman- Longbowman [Civ3]
Perrin Goldeneyes- Axeman [Aluminum] (enslaves “Diar Wolves” [Embryodead]) + army
Rand al’Thor- ___
Mat Cauthon- ___ + army

AMADICIA:
Pikeman- Pikeman [Civ3]
Guardians of the Gate- Italian Foot Knight [CamJH]
Curragh- Curragh [C3C]
Galley- Galley [Civ3]
*Children of the Light*
Whitecloak- Crusader [C3C] (also produced by Dome of Truth/Knights of Templar)
Whitecloak Captain- Crusader [Kinboat] (mounted)
Questioner- Inquisitor [C3C] (enslaves Whitecloak)

GHEALDAN:
Legion of the Wall- Legion of the Wall [CamJH]
Knight- Knight [Civ3]
Curragh- Curragh [C3C]
Galley- Galley [Civ3]

CAIRHIEN:
Pikeman- Pikeman [Civ3]
Cairhienin Footsoldier- Ashigaru Spearman [PTW] (foot unit with “con”)
Cairhienin Vanguard- Tang Cavalry [Dom Pedro II] (mounted unit with “con”)
Curragh- Curragh [C3C]
Galley- Galley [Civ3]

ILLIAN:
Pikeman- Pikeman [Civ3]
Companions- ___
Curragh- Curragh [C3C]
Galley- Galley [Civ3]

MAYENE:
Winged Guards- Phoenix Guard [aaglo]
Horsman- Horseman [Civ3]
Mounted Winged Guards- Hussar [Aluminum]
Curragh- Curragh [C3C]
Galley- Galley [Civ3]

TEAR:
Defenders of the Stone- Swiss Mercenary [C3C]
Tairen Infantry- Bushi [Kinboat]
Knight- Knight [Civ3]
Curragh- Curragh [C3C]
Galley- Galley [Civ3]

SHADOWSPAWN:
Darkfriend- Spy [C3C] (also available to other civs later in game, has hidden nationality)
Trolloc- Minotaur [Kinboat]
Myrddraal- Blood Dragon Vampire [embryodead]
Black Ajah (Aes Sedai)- ___
Draghkar- ___
Darkhounds- Diar Wolves (pack) [Embryodead]
Grey Men- Gray Man [CamJH] * currently illegal

SEANCHAN:
Blademaster- ___
Deathwatch Guards- Minamoto Samurai [PTW]
Mounted Deathwatch Guards- Nakamaro Horseman [PTW]
To’raken/Raken- Wyvern [Embryodead]

AIEL:
Stone Dogs (Shae'en M'taal)- Stone Dog [CamJH]
Red Shields (Aethan Dor)- Red Shield [CamJH]
Water Seekers (Duahde Mahdi'in)- Water Seeker [CamJH]
Maidens of the Spear (Far Dareis Mai)- Maiden of the Spear [CamJH]
Wise One- Wise One [CamJH]

ALTARA:
Pikeman- Pikeman [Civ3]
Knight- Knight [Civ3]
Curragh- Curragh [C3C]
Galley- Galley [Civ3]

ARAD DOMAN:
Pikeman- Pikeman [Civ3]
Domani- Domani [CamJH]
Knight- Knight [Civ3]
Curragh- Curragh [C3C]
Galley- Galley [Civ3]

MURANDY:
Pikeman- Pikeman [Civ3]
Knight- Knight [Civ3]
Curragh- Curragh [C3C]
Galley- Galley [Civ3]

SHARA:
?

ATHA'AN MIERE (Sea FolK):
||foot units||
Windfiner- ___
Sailmistress- ___
Cargomaster- ___
||ships||
Darter- ___
Soarer- ___
Skimmer- ___
Raker- ___

Other:
Asha’man- Asha'man [CamJH] (produced by Black Tower/Sun Tzu’s AoW, or requires rare resource)
Ogier- Enkidu Warrior [C3C] or Berserk [PTW]
Someshta (Green Man)- Ent [Kindred72]

The Wonder lists. Quoted from a post in the original thread by several people.
Spoiler :
Great Wonders:
~ The Stone of Tear
~ The White Tower
~ The Black Tower
~ The Fortress of Light
~ The Topless Towers
~ Garen's Wall (in Ghealdan)
~ The City of Rhuidean
~ The Palace of the Nine Moons (in Seanchan)
~ The White Bridge (in Whitebridge, but, since it's an Age of Legends relic, maybe not)
~ Unearthing the Choedan Kal (a Wonder-like venture, certainly)

Small Wonders:
~ Ogier Grove
~ Illuminators Guildhouse
~ Great Port (generic, fits Illian, Tear, Mayene, Tanchico and Ebou Dar)
~ Aelfinn Portal (again an Age of Legends relic, but certainly Small Wonder-ish, even Great Wonder-ish. It seems to be uniquely possessed by Mayene, then Tear, then Moiraine herself.)

We still need to make the wonders, and keep in mind, we don't know how these wonders will work in game.

Techs
Spoiler :
Sorry, nothing done yet. Please contribute to this.

Civilopedia
Spoiler :
Nothing done either. Sorry

Unit cababilities.
Spoiler :
Nothing yet

Improvements
Quoted from a post by me in this thread.
Spoiler :
These are only the improvements for the westlands, as the Seanchan, Atha'an Miere, Aeil, and Shara have completely different types of cities, and will use very few of these improvements. If you have any comments, additions or anything, please tell me. Especially if you have a good graphic for any of them. I am just going to post what I have thought of, not what we could use for them.
1 Recruiting Office (Same as barracks-creates veteran units.)
2 Tax Collector (not sure what they do, probably something to do with commerce.
3 Tavern/inn (allows city size two, maybe some content faces too.)
4 Foreigner's Market (think Far Madding. Same effect as normal market.)
5 Walls (self explanatory)
6 Gatehouse (something to do with the Great Game. They record who comes in and out. Not sure what the effect would be.)
7 Courthouse (self explanatory)
8 City Watch (same as Police Station in normal game, maybe slightly different)
9 Wise Woman/Reader/other wilder healer in the books. (no idea what that should be, maybe extra happy faces?)
10 Lord's Manor (not sure)
11 Merchants (probably commerce)
12 Docks (same as harbor, maybe commerce)
13 Trade with the Sea Folk (maybe wonder, commerce generator)
14 Harbor (larger dock, or other way around, not sure.)
15 University (little commerce, lots of research)
16 Library (Same as university, but slightly different)
17 Farmers (requires resource "Farms" I don't think that we should allow workers to make farms. Just a thought)
18 Miners (same as Farmers, with resource 'mines')

Everything else you can think of
Spoiler :
Nothing yet

What needs to be done.
Spoiler :
Almost everything. If you can't find it here, it needs work. We especially need someone to help with the techs.

I'm glad you're taking a shot at this mod. I think there are enough existing units, leaderheads, static pcx graphics to cover 90-95% of everything you need. The trick here will be the actual "modding" - such as making the tech trees, and balancing unit, building stats, etc...

I like your ideas so far in the preview. Try this unit for the Draghkar:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=166357

What's your #1 humanoid unit that you don't have anything for? I'm guessing the Aes Sedai. If it will help move the mod along, I could try to make one for you... Let me know.

Yeah, I really do need the Aes Sedai. I believe I asked for it in your unit lottery. Unfortunately, I didn't win.
The one problem with that Draghkar unit you showed me is that it doesn't have the right kind of attack. I'll put it into my first post for the Draghkar until we find a better one, but it would work better with a different one. Also, it would have very dark colors, if it was a Draghkar.
Along with that, any other help you could give would be much appreciated. Suggestions, help with the civilopedia(I never have figured out how to change that), anything else you could do. Thanks

I have an idea on how to implement Aes Sedai, and wilders/Novices. Please tell me how this works, and if it works.
OK, so there is a resource, call it 'The Old Blood,' and another resource, called 'The Spark.' There are two units that you can build, Wilders (require 'The Old Blood') and Novices (require 'the Spark'). Wilders are stronger, and take less time, but have some disadvantage, and cost more to upgrade to Aes Sedai. Novices are not as strong, and take more time to build, but have some other advantage (from training). There is another unit you can get, but it is impossible to buy by a normal city interface. Aes Sedai can only be upgraded too. They would be very good, and act as spys or something like that.
Any suggestions? Comments? Criticisms? Any responses would be helpful.

Miles Teg said:
Better at what? That's the problem.
Which part are you refering too? If you mean the Wilders vs. Novices, you could have a bombardment advantage, maybe. Or something to represent the block. Maybe Wilders can only defend. They have to get angry to fight back. How does that work?

Here's a preview of the Aes Sedai. I'll probably change the texture of the top of the dress, so it will look better at civ scale. Reading your above posts, maybe I can make some attacks that will allow you to use this as multiple units:

attacka - Firebolt from hand
attackb - Lightning from sky
attackc - Wind "Punch" or maybe Earth rippling

Novices/Accepted could only use 1 or 2, while a full Aes Sedai could use all three. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• AesSedai.jpg
    AesSedai.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 245
Is there a way to make a delay, representing that the Aes Sedai can't attack until they are in danger? If so, you could have them attack after the enemy.
With the Novices, could you make a similar, but it doesn't look as strong attack? They wouldn't be as strong as Aes Sedai. Same with Wilders. You could put the Novices in white, too. Maybe you should change the color of the dress to all green (Edit: More green. I didn't notice that it had a green skirt), as the only Ajah to really fight was the Green, and to a lesser extent, the Blue. But only for causes, for the Blues.
It could be a lot of work, but it would be awesome if you could have all of the Ajahs. We don't really need it, and I'm not sure if it would fit in the Mod, but it would be amazing. But that isn't anywhere near to a requirement, and the other units are more pressing. Just a thought.

Yes, all the Ajahs would be cool, but I don't have the time to make that many units. As for the dress, green doesn't really mean Green Ajah. Aes Sedai do not necessarily wear clothing of their Ajah color, and only on occassion wear their shawl.

As for the attacks, whenever the unit defends, the attacking one starts "fighting" first (unless you have a defensive bombard stat). When a unit initiates a fight, I think it would look strange to see it wait for the defending unit to start attacking. However, I can make a fidget animation that would work well as an attacka to delay the Aes Sedai from fighting, if you want to use it like that.

Well, first of all, the all Ajahs idea was just something that would be cool, and in no way did I need them. It was just something that I thought of, and typed it in.
Secondly, with the colors, it is true that they don't always wear their color, but notice that they often do. When they are going somewhere where they might potentially be in danger, they normally do. You don't have to have the shawl though, that I agree with.
With the attack animations, I am thinking that it might make sense to have no attack for the Aes Sedai, just defence. And a non-lethal bombard. Is it possible to make a different bombard animation? Then you could somehow make binds of Air. Just a thought.

Wheel of Time mod can make as something like a time machine that can put all kinds of mod in civfanatics into one super mod. Try imagine: " history world + fantasy + space + dinosaur + anything can think of " into a combine mod with every type of units battle together ;)

Stargate said:
Wheel of Time mod can make as something like a time machine that can put all kinds of mod in civfanatics into one super mod. Try imagine: " history world + fantasy + space + dinosaur + anything can think of " into a combine mod with every type of units battle together
I'm not sure, but I think that you don't know what the Wheel of Time is. It is a fantasy series by Robert Jordan that is set in a world that he explained brilliantly. There is enough material to get a mod together, and that is what we are trying to do. It is not just a mod that covers all of time or something like that. I hope that kind of cleared that up for you. It seemed like you were confused. If I got that completely wrong, and you had a good, relevant idea, disregard this paragraph and tell me it. But it has to be about the series. Thank You.

OK, I think that it is about time to see if we could get some improvements or something. We have most of the units, and the wonders can wait for a bit, so here goes:
Spoiler :

These are only the improvements for the westlands, as the Seanchan, Atha'an Miere, Aeil, and Shara have completely different types of cities, and will use very few of these improvements. If you have any comments, additions or anything, please tell me. Especially if you have a good graphic for any of them. I am just going to post what I have thought of, not what we could use for them.
1 Recruiting Office (I'm not sure what the effect should be, but since we don't have very many improvements, I decided to add them.
2 Tax Collector (same as REcruiting Office, probably something to do with commerce.
3 Tavern/inn (they appear a lot in the stories, so they are important. Not sure what they should do either. Maybe content faces?)
4 Foreigner's Market (think Far Madding. Same effect as normal market.)
5 Walls (self explanatory)
6 Gatehouse (something to do with the Great Game. They record who comes in and out. Not sure what the effect would be.)
7 Courthouse (self explanatory)
8 City Watch (same as Police Station in normal game, maybe slightly different)
9 Wise Woman/Reader/other wilder healer in the books. (no idea what that should be, maybe extra happy faces?)
10 Lord's Manor (not sure)
11 Merchants (probably commerce)
12 Docks (same as harbor, maybe commerce)
13 Trade with the Sea Folk (maybe wonder, commerce generator)
14 Harbor (larger dock, or other way around, not sure.)
15 University (little commerce, lots of research)
16 Library (Same as university, but slightly different)
17 Farmers (requires resource "Farms" I don't think that we should allow workers to make farms. Just a thought)

That's all I have thought of. Any questions, comments, criticisms, additions?

Two more I have thought of;
A menangerie (I think that is how it is spelled. Think Valan Luca. Entertainment, slight commerce bonus.
A mine (same idea as the farm improvement, needs 'mine' resource.
Any other suggestions?

I agree with the ideas about the menangerie being a wonder, and the ideas about the recruiting office and the inn.
The only problem with allowing irrigation is that it means that the whole map will be covered, if we let it. I prefer a resource called "farm" and a resource called "mine" that have almost the same effect as the normal resources. Then, we could make a few city improvements that increase that effect.
I am not sure what the gatehouse should do. I think that it makes sense to have, but how it works, I do not know.
Good suggestions. Could you point me to some good graphics for any of them. I have not been looking around for graphics a lot, so I don't know where anything is. Thanks.

Top Bottom