Female Ninja

Rm80

Chieftain

Here is my ninja sort of unit I made....
the reason I created it was because I was bored quite some time ago and decided to take a closer look at Plotinus: Cloth-Making for dummies tutorial.
Result was this asiandress she is using so thanks for the tutorial, so I decided to make a unit with the dress and well this is the outcome...

Preview:
View attachment 155542

Default->Fidget->Fortify->Attacka->Victory->Fortify->Death

Download

I wanna thank everyone on civfanatics for your tutorials, programs, help and so on....

here is the dress I made if anybody wants it, should be able to use it as a top or skirt I guess....
http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/117654/PDF_asiandress.rar

hmm First time I upload in database and it says in moderation queue so I guess I have to wait....well you can play around with the asian dress meanwhile :p

hmm my animated preview says in attachment progress so I guess I have to wait for that one also?

edit:fixed preview but now waiting for the moderation queue to end

Well, all in all a good unit :)

The dress does a funky thing when she kneels, a black hole appears, and there is some heavy feet sliding in the death animation, but I wouldn`t worry about that one. From what I have seen so far, it seems impossible to make a good death animation if you haven`t made atleast 5 or 6 units (unless you are awesomely talented like some our friends here ;))

Keep up the good work :)

hmm First time I upload in database and it says in moderation queue so I guess I have to wait....well you can play around with the asian dress meanwhile :p

hmm my animated preview says in attachment progress so I guess I have to wait for that one also?

edit:fixed preview but now waiting for the moderation queue to end

Well, you could do what I had to do with my most recent unit (something in the database has not been working), and scroll down to the bottom of the page and click 'Upload File'. That's the Easy Upload system, which will work for now until the database issue gets resolved.

EDIT: BTW, Good job with the Cloth making Tutorial! I'm still trying to figure that out...

ye I will use the easy upload as temporary solution :)

the "black-hole" is one of the flowers on her dress (not sure if its possible to even see that there is flowers on the dress at civscale)...anyway when she kneels the flower stretches out sort of....it does not look perfect in poser but much much better then in civscale :)

Very nice... :)

Hope you stay and make more units. You have a lot of potential.

Sweet! It's great that you figured out that cloth tutorial! As mentioned, the death is funky, but you'll get it soon. It took me a million redos dictated by Vuldacon to get my deaths right! But in the end, it was worth it, :).

Well, all in all a good unit :)

The dress does a funky thing when she kneels, a black hole appears, and there is some heavy feet sliding in the death animation, but I wouldn`t worry about that one. From what I have seen so far, it seems impossible to make a good death animation if you haven`t made atleast 5 or 6 units (unless you are awesomely talented like some our friends here ;))

Keep up the good work :)

Black whole you say! eh? :crazyeye::lol:

the "black-hole" is one of the flowers on her dress (not sure if its possible to even see that there is flowers on the dress at civscale)...anyway when she kneels the flower stretches out sort of....it does not look perfect in poser but much much better then in civscale :)

Given the size of the flowers, it is probably just as well to color them the same shade as the rest of the dress.

Great job on her and the dress!

ye you guys are rigth I just found it was boring with the whole dress civ color.... but ye even tho I kinda understood that it would not be possible to see that it was flowers, I still thougth that some sort of pattern would be visible....guess I was wrong.

Thanks for the nice comments of the unit and also that death took me probably longer time to make then the other animations did together....

that death took me probably longer time to make then the other animations did together....

Unfortunately, that is fairly common. I almost always spend far more time killing the little dudes than I spent breathing life in to them.

@Stormrage,
I had something clever to say, but I forgot.

Thanks for the nice comments of the unit and also that death took me probably longer time to make then the other animations did together....

Ha, I've been there, man. Deaths are easier for me now, and are usually the most fun (if tedious) to make. For some reason I really like animating the bounces... Now, those goshdamn animated previews, they take forever...

Very awesome :thumbsup:! but her sword arm seems a little stiff at the shoulder.

EDIT:
If the arm came closer to the head and the entire attack was forced down and then pulled to the side, it would look more natural than the entire attack: a crazy chick swinging a sword wildly around her head... We need: a crazy chick weilding a sword and dealing crushing blows to her opponent. There is also a tiny glitch in the attack replays... one or 2 slides more could remedy that.

Top Bottom