Next Fantasy War (BtS)

hey people of next fantasy players,

those of you folks that have the errors,

are you vista users? and if so,

what is exactly the problem? does the crash apears on xml load?

or you get to load the mod, start a game and then no ui/hub screen?

id thank any detailed info so may help to fix it.

hey people of next fantasy players,

those of you folks that have the errors,

are you vista users?

me: no (win xp sp 2)
escape: yes
and if so,

what is exactly the problem? does the crash apears on xml load?
We both crash, if we try to make a game with giant and gigantic maps (see post # 228). At least I did not have any xml-crashes while operating the mod. I only had one experimenting w/ Commander Bello's solution (see post # 239)
or you get to load the mod, start a game and then no ui/hub screen?
that happens, if i get a map huge or smaller. Than I don't have any HUD. The automatic nextTech/nextBuild-Screens appear, but I can't call the normal city screen.

id thank any detailed info so may help to fix it.

OK, if I start a game, for example on a tiny map. Than it loads, and I get the following picture:

If I click on a unit, I can fully interact with it. So it also shows me the ressources in the range oft the settler. If I hover the mouse over a field, no tooltip is shown (you can not see it on this picture, but I had the cursor over the field south-west of the settler).

Next I pressed , and a new village was found. Then the "City Build"-Screen popped up, as you can see, in this case the tooltips are working.

After double-clicking on the city, I got this city-screen, but without any HUD around it. I can change the field used by the city, but nothing else

After I endet the turn by pressing [ENTER], I got the research popup. This one again hat tooltips:

I can not open any of the "F-screens" (which you get when pressing [F1]...[F10], and so I also can not change the research.

I hope, I could help with this little sideshow.

Greatings, sepruecom

Greatings, sepruecom

Try this once ok, it happend once before just alittle different. Remove folder "Resource", its located in the same area as the assets folder, then go into the XML folder and open the Art folder and open file "CIV4ArtDefines_Misc" then scroll all the way to the bottom of the file till you see this are:
<MiscArtInfo>
<Type>DEFAULT_THEME_NAME</Type>
<Path>Mods/Next Fantasy War v010/Resource/Civ4.thm</Path>
<fScale>0.0</fScale>
<NIF>None</NIF>
<KFM>None</KFM>
</MiscArtInfo>

change it to look like this:

<MiscArtInfo>
<Type>DEFAULT_THEME_NAME</Type>
<Path>Resource/Civ4.thm</Path>
<fScale>0.0</fScale>
<NIF>None</NIF>
<KFM>None</KFM>
</MiscArtInfo>

let us know what happens ok!!

the main menu turns blue, but the HUD does not appear. The xml parsing time at startup significantly grows. The background and that country song stays, the menu itself turns blue.

Greatings, sepruecom

the main menu turns blue, but the HUD does not appear. The xml parsing time at startup significantly grows. The background and that country song stays, the menu itself turns blue.

Greatings, sepruecom

I need XMLers to put in those civs listed in my sig, HELP!!!

OK, I accidentially found the solution, while surfing other mods:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=6367044&highlight=complete#post6367044

So it is not a Vista/XP-Problem, but a problem of Civ 4 Complete. You just have to add one String to the registry, and everything works fine.

thx to Amra's Modthread for linking the solution.
thank you for the solution tries, it was not your fault or the fault of a mod, you just used an undefined path.

Greatings, sepruecom

So, and now I will play my first round of Next Fantasy War ;-)

OK, I accidentially found the solution, while surfing other mods:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=6367044&highlight=complete#post6367044

So it is not a Vista/XP-Problem, but a problem of Civ 4 Complete. You just have to add one String to the registry, and everything works fine.

thx to Amra's Modthread for linking the solution.
thank you for the solution tries, it was not your fault or the fault of a mod, you just used an undefined path.

Greatings, sepruecom

So, and now I will play my first round of Next Fantasy War ;-)

Great news, could you pls send me a copy of what you changed then, thx!!

Read the linked post (or to be exact, the post under the linked post). I just changed the registry of my computer (by regedit.exe), and I surely won't send you that. The mod itself had not to be changed.

Greatings, sepruecom

hey, Been awhile since I played Civ 4 BTS. I am now taking advantage ofthe player modpacks. I tired this one, followed the advice you gave and everytime the mod loads I get GFC ERROR: Failed to initialize the primary control theme. How do I stop this from happening so I can enjoy the mod? Get the same thing with Necro Cristi mod. Please help. Thanks.:confused:

hey, Been awhile since I played Civ 4 BTS. I am now taking advantage ofthe player modpacks. I tired this one, followed the advice you gave and everytime the mod loads I get GFC ERROR: Failed to initialize the primary control theme. How do I stop this from happening so I can enjoy the mod? Get the same thing with Necro Cristi mod. Please help. Thanks.:confused:

Try post # 243 , just above this post, thx.

EDIT: I need some XMLers to put in those civs you see in my signature area in the MOD, HELP!!!:crazyeye:

just came back to say I love the mod, my problem was caused by putting the mod in the documents mods file. not the c drive mod file. Oops.:crazyeye:

I knew it had to be one or the other, and thx, make sure you check out the upcoming update and the changes that are going to be put in, most ideas were from zappra(thx). Also thx for trying this mod out, i think its a whole lot of fun to play, and only getting better and better. ;)

Hi all,really want to play this mod and i cannot get past the load screen( just after selecting the dificulty/map/country) before i am booted back to windows.
it happens with any maptipe or country or difficulty and only in this mod
i have latest drivers, also i am using v0009.
the error is attatched to this post.
thanks

futo

Attachments

• civ 4 error.bmp
    372.2 KB · Views: 87
Hi all,really want to play this mod and i cannot get past the load screen( just after selecting the dificulty/map/country) before i am booted back to windows.
it happens with any maptipe or country or difficulty and only in this mod
i have latest drivers, also i am using v0009.
the error is attatched to this post.
thanks

futo

Got to have alittle more info than that, OS?, where do you have this mod (In what folder), did you change anything? etc.:confused:

EDIT: sepruecom: can you pls take those attachments from above out? thx.(post 242)

hi, my specs - stuff are as follows

microsoft XP professional
service pack 2
2.00GB of ram
intel core 2 duo (each one being 1.8GHz roughly)
Heaps of free disk space
i have an ati saphire x1950 pro and the latest drivers
I have Direct X v9.0
my civ 4 Bts is version 3.13
i have not changed anything in your mod jus downloaded it placed it in
<w:\games\Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Next Fantasy War v009>
AFTER extracting it. i have also updated civ 4 to the latest version and i have updated Civ 4 warlords to the latest verson.
This issue has never hapeened with any other game or mod. Also to give you an idea of my pc in general it can play crysis maxed out at 45 fps
did i miss anything?
thanks for your intrest

futo

Top Bottom