HOF III Update Discussion

Marsden

Keeper of the HoF Annex
Hall of Fame Staff
The Civilization III Hall of Fame has been updated. 33 games were accepted since the previous update.

Congratulations to Chamnix for wining G-III Pi with a 650AD win.
The new Gauntlet is here a space race amoungst all nations.

Congratulations to Chamnix for the highest Firaxis score of the update with a Huge Deity Histographic game for 63376 points.

Ozymandias was the most active player during this update, submitting 14 games.

Only 1 player was brave enough to take on Sid this update. Chamnix submitted a 1200 AD Standard Sid Conquest game for 10150 points.

Congratulations to Chamnix for becoming a Quartermaster, and in style by taking the number one position!

Congratulations to Bartleby for rising from 10th to 8th, to AutomatedTeller for rising from 17th to 13th, to sanabas for rising from 16th to 15th and to zerksees for rising from 22nd to 16th in the Quartermasters competition.

A number of players gained number one positions:
Chamnix with a 1200 AD Standard Sid Conquest game for 10150 points.

Chamnix with a 2050 AD Huge Deity Histographic game for 63376 points.
zerksees with a 2050 AD Large Deity Histographic game for 32641 points.

Chamnix with a 650 AD Large Demigod Diplomatic game for 11400 points.

Bartleby with a 1295 AD Small Emperor Spaceship game for 6955 points.
Chamnix with a 910 AD Huge Emperor Diplomatic game for 8160 points.

Chamnix with a 210 BC Large Regent Conquest game for 7157 points.
Tone with a 1390 AD Small Regent Cultural 20k game for 3566 points.
Tone with a 1355 AD Large Regent Cultural 20k game for 5549 points.

Bartleby with a 700 AD Huge Warlord Diplomatic game for 4088 points.
Chamnix with a 1470 AD Large Warlord Cultural 20k game for 3122 points.
Tone with a 1295 AD Small Warlord Cultural 20k game for 3159 points.

Aigburth with a 470 AD Large Chieftain Diplomatic game for 1890 points.

Commiserations to Moonsinger for falling from 1st to 2nd, to killercane for falling from 2nd to 3rd, to nerovats for falling from 3rd to 4th, to Tone for falling from 4th to 5th, to Karl_t_great for falling from 5th to 7th, to SpiffyKeen7744 for falling from 7th to 9th, to Marsden for falling from 8th to 10th, to a space oddity for falling from 9th to 11th, to Denniz for falling from 11th to 12th, to EMan for falling from 12th to 14th, to PrinceMyshkin for falling from 13th to 20th, to archphoenix for falling from 14th to 19th, to Scratcher for falling from 15th to 17th, to Sandman2003 for falling from 19th to 21st, to Dianthus for falling from 20th to 23rd, to bluejay for falling from 21st to 22nd, to Mad2rix for falling from 23rd to 24th, to theos for falling from 24th to 25th, to FadeAwayNot for falling from 25th to 26th, to Pentium for falling from 26th to 27th, to adrianj for falling from 27th to 28th, to Ljdjr for falling from 28th to 29th, to superslug for falling from 29th to 30th, to WillowBrook for falling from 30th to 31st, to SideshowBob for falling from 31st to 32nd and to azzaman333 for falling from 32nd to 33rd in the Quartermasters competition.

A number of players are working towards the Quartermaster, gaining awards as follows:
Machiavelli : Chamnix rose from 5th to 3rd, nerovats rose from 7th to 6th, Marsden rose from 12th to 11th, Svar rose from 13th to 12th, SpiffyKeen7744 rose from 14th to 13th, EMan rose from 15th to 14th, Scratcher rose from 18th to 17th, Bartleby rose from 20th to 18th, Denniz rose from 21st to 20th, WillowBrook rose from 29th to 28th, Warelit rose from 30th to 29th, superslug rose from 32nd to 31st, BlackBetsy rose from 33rd to 32nd, Ljdjr rose from 34th to 33rd and Miraculix rose from 38th to 37th.
Pentathlon : Ozymandias became a full Pentathlete. Chamnix rose from 9th to 3rd, Svar rose from 14th to 12th, killercane rose from 15th to 13th, Sandman2003 rose from 20th to 18th and Bartleby rose from 30th to 24th.
Octathlon : Aigburth became a full Octathlete. Chamnix rose from 5th to 3rd, AutomatedTeller rose from 10th to 6th and Bartleby rose from 30th to 29th.
Histographic : Chamnix gained entrance to the Histographic table. zerksees rose from 40th to 22nd and Donny Brook rose from 28th to 24th.

Congrats Cham, you been bored lately? Any chance for a writeup?

Good going, Bartleby, your back a head of me again. :thumbsup:

And to zerkzess, good job on the milk run! AutomatedTeller, also, well done!

Anyone I failed to mention, send it to the complaint department, aka my PM.

Thanks guys. The milk run was probably started about a year and a half ago, and I was just chipping away very slowly. Once I finished that, then the other games were relatively fast.

It's nice to be :king: for one update anyway, although I am very aware that I will hold that spot only as long as certain individuals choose to let me.

A writeup for my milk game? When I get home I can review some old saves and edit in some pictures, but since it has been so long, my memory is sketchy.

I was the Iroquois on deity level with the standard milk settings - huge, 60% archipelago, warm, wet, 5 billion, no barbs. I believe I had the minimum number of rivals chosen based on nobody starting with Alphabet and as many expansionist civs as possible (I just can't resist making the AI expansionist civs on 'pelago maps with no barbs).

First research was Writing at the minimum. I remember playing 100 starts for 50 turns each rejecting each one when I didn't get a Pyramids SGL for Writing. After that, I finally gave up and played start 101 all the way through despite the lack of early SGLs.

I think I researched Literature (at maximum) next to give the AI time to research Polytheism before I completed Philosophy and chose Monarchy.

I was near the end of a peninsula. I think the Zulu were next to me and the Mongols on the other side of them. Once I had a few techs to barter with, I declared on the Mongols and allied the Zulu. Once they had fought for a while, I jumped the Zulu from behind (don't worry superslug - the Zulu had taken a chunk of land from the Mongols, and I finished them off after I went through the Zulu).

I made sure the Zulu and the Mongols had Literature and tried to keep it from anyone else, so one of them (I think it was the Mongols) built the Great Library for me. I captured it fairly early and gave it away before Education was known.

I kept the world at war as much as possible, often tying military alliances with peace treaties, so I would get war happiness once the alliance was broken. I actually kept the tech pace much slower than I wanted it - I ended up recapturing the Great Library in disgust before anyone reached the Industrial Age because it was taking them too long, and I really needed Steam Power and Replaceable Parts.

I reached the domination limit somewhere around 1100-1200 AD, and revolted to Republic once the real fighting was over.

War happiness was tremendously useful. I let 3 rivals survive until the end of the game because all 3 of them were providing me with war happiness for a long time, and they each only had 1 tundra town so they weren't taking up any space. Between markets, all luxuries, and 75% war happiness, I don't think I touched the luxury slider at all during the milk phase and still needed very few entertainers.

I learned an awful lot about milking during the game, and I am certain I could improve that (never mind what better players could do), but I'm just glad it's behind me, and I don't think I will ever go through that again.

Congratulations Chamnix on taking the Number 1 spot on Quartermaster! :goodjob: :goodjob:

Unless Moonsinger gets back into playing Civ 3, I think you are being way too modest about being :king: for only 1 update!.......in any case, she would probably rather be :queen:.

Now, that you're Number 1 and can take your Lap Of Honor and have more time on your hands(?), would you see if you can figure out the "Cultural Expansion Question" I posed in Post 5712 of this QA thread (please). :mischief:

(I can't even get anyone to give a wild-a*s guess as to what happened!)

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=126843&page=286

It still looks normal to me, EMan. Here is a picture from a 20K game I played recently, but I just abandoned all the cities around Moscow. The 10K cultural expansion looks like this:

If you put that shape on your picture around City 013 (ignoring the ocean), the yellow line is your 10K border:

Thanks Chamnix. :goodjob:

I guess I had it fixed in my mind that cities expanded 3-5-7-9-11-11-11-9-7-5-3 instead of 3-7-9-9-11-11-11-9-9-7-3 as in your "yellow line". :blush:

To "shame" myself and, perhaps, inform a larger audience, I shall post this info in the correct thread: Quick Answers.

Thanks again............And, BTW, Great Score on Deity #1 Game! :goodjob: :goodjob:

Top Bottom