Science proposal

Strider

In Retrospect
This is were the science queue cann be disscussed.

Current Science queue
Current Tech
Steam Power

Tech after that one
industrialization

3rd Tech
medicine

4th Tech
Electricity

5th tech
Scientific Method

6th Tech
Atomic Theory

7th Tech
Electronics

8th Tech
Replaceable parts

9th Tech
Corporation

10th Tech
Refining or Steel (poll will be posted)

11th Tech
Loser of the above poll

12th Tech
Combustion

13th Techh
Mass production

14 Tech
Motorized Transportation

You can also use this thread to tell how I'm doing with the science department and some suggestions I should do with it.

Here are a list of techs that can be chosen:
Electricity
Communism
espionage
The corporation
Falcons Proposal

The Science department thread:
Science Department

Could you put the first three here and what the options for the 4th are? I know they're elsewhere in the Forum but you'll get more responses if you give that info with your request.

EDIT: Wow! You're fast! How about the options for #4?

After the current science queue is carried out, I suggest we research electricity, replaceable parts, and then scientific method.

I will try to do that Shaiten

And I was fast, because I was doing that when you made your post ;)

personally, I believe #2 should be medicine (if we've already got that it's a miracle of science, and I apoligize), #3 should be sanitation and #4 should be industrialization.

We can't have medicine intill sanitation( I think or is it the other way around?)

It's the other way around...

Medicine leads to Sanitation (which gives you the Hospital)

Ohh, and I would like to work twoards Tanks, rather directly after Industrialization and Sanitation has been reached.

ok...So we already have medicine?

Well anyway as Shaitan requested the optional techs will be listed(currently working on it)

I think if we follow Falcon's suggestion we should queue the techs as follows:

Electricty
Scientific Method(for the wonder)
The corporation
Replaceable Parts(For Infantry)
Atomic Theory
steel
refining
Electronics
Combustion
Mass production
Motorized Transportation

I am not really sure why we would want to research corporation, steel and refining before replaceable parts, since none of those three techs are anything but bridges to combustion, unless we also want to research combustion before replaceable parts. Wouldn't it be best to get infantry to keep us safe and then work towards tanks and such?

REfining has the benefit of letting us see whaere oil is, but I agree, there is little reason to go that route. I would want doublespeed workers, artillery and infantry before destroyers,etc. Navies are not important on this map, IMO.

I got it mainly because of allowing you to see oil etc. I noticed the stupidy of this alittle after my post, but decided to see what everyone thinks.

I think Replacable Parts is important to attain as soon as possible. Infantry / Artillery will make us defensively dominant for several hundred years. Plus, in 1.21f, the AI will use Infantry in massive stacks of doom on offense, so we need to be ready for that.

My preference is to then beeline for Electronics and Hoover Dam, which would be quite powerful on this map.

Reasoning: Refining / Combustion path is not as high a priority in a non-war environment. The AI will usually research down those paths for us, and we can either trade for, or research cheaper, those tech's later. We have a massive amount of territory now encompassing two former rivals. I'd say the odds are high we have a city sitting on oil.

Bill
...in PDX

maybe we could even directly beeline to hoover with enough prebuilt for it. then we trade our non-war techs and earn enough money to upgrade to infantry?

I will post a poll over which tech we should pick tommorow.

List of current options:
Electricity
Communism
espionage
The corporation
Falcons Proposal

I ask that everyone vote "Falcons Proposal." Then the techs are set up for the rest of this term ;)

I think we should key our science queue towards those techs needed for Thoery of Evolution and Hoover Dam.

Please include Medicine in your poll. The more people we have, the stronger our culture is. we need Medicine and then Sanitation so we can build Hospitals. The necessity of rampaging through foriegn lands taking over small towns deminishes when you can populate our already developed cities. We need to grow.

lol:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Top Bottom