BtS PBEM Random leader game

Looking to start a 4 or 5 person game (options below). Post if interested (got you already, Pirke).

• Game: Civ IV BTS Patch #313
  • Difficulty Level: Noble
  • Map: Continents
  • Size: Small
  • Climate: Temperate
  • Sealevel: Medium
  • Era: Ancient
  • Speed: Normal
  • Victory types permitted: All
  • Game Turn Limit: 0
  • City Elimination Limit: 0
  • AIs: None
  • Special Rules
    • Random civs/leaders
    • Pick Religion
    • Goody huts on

Proposed playing order

1. Pirke +1
  2. Ruff hi -5
  3. Mikeyia -6
  4. Trainwreck20 -6
  5. Slaze -8

sure - count me in

Nice web site, ruff :). Do y'all want to go ahead and start with 4? We have TZs of +1, -5, -6, and -8. Is eveyone okay with a pretty plain start up? I am still pretty new to PBEM, and my Civ4 solo is pretty much Noble, occasionaly prince level. I will try and get this started shortly, so let me know if you have any issues :).

Is continents what we want to be playing? Pangea might be a little more frantic and :backstab:, but it could let us police ourselves a little better too maybe. I could go either way, but i thought i'd throw that out there.

I have not really had much experience in MP, so I don't know what works best (or worst). We could do a fractal, so no one would really know, I guess :).

that does bring up a question, though...in MP, if your initial warrior is wandering around and comes across another player that has opted to go for, say, a worker instead of a second warrior, is it okay to just take 'em out? I would really hate to kill someone off really quick, but if they are taking that risk, shouldn't it actually be a risk?

Not that I have found anyone early in a game, but I see discussions of what to build first, and there are several arguments for building a worker first out there, which is typically fine against AI, but seems a bit dicey against a human.....

you might want to try team battle ground and put is in teams 2v2 (or 3v3 if we have 6)

I've seen threads where there's a no declaration of war prior to 3500BC rule, but that means you can't take out scouts or wandering warriors either. I've also heard of capitols really close to each other and the one civ starts with a scout and can't build the warrior in time and gets taken out. In our current game I've wondered what I'd do if I came accross an unprotected enemy capitol, trying to enter through the corner so undetected until the last minute, but even if I got there I don't know if I could do it. Although if I didn't, I'm sure I'd regret it

re the playing order ... it is actually better to set the playing order based on people's time zones. That way, we can maximize the probability of getting a turn per day.

Pirke, why don't you go ahead and start the game? I forwarded the email info to you. Everyone post on here when you email the turn forward :).

Good luck all, just no too good of luck :)

Ok, we're good to go! Be sure to password protect your own game. I already filled in all email addresses, so that part should be easy. Just be sure to enter the correct smtp server for you and you can send the game to another player from within civ, much easier!

Have fun all!

I have it - playing now. I have tried but cannot get the game to send in-game email thru my yahoo account. Has anyone else worked out how to do this?

Edit:played but unsure which is mikeyia's email address - belay that, checked game and got if from there.

Edit2: My pc has a problem with the name of the game ... "What a lovely day it is.." - I think it is the two dots at the end. Can the admin please rename the game so that I don't have to trick my pc into letting me call the save something else.

Pirke - can you change the name of the game to something more PC friendly. The current name is causing havoc with my PC. I cannot do anything with the resulting folder (access, delete, rename, etc).

You should be able to access the auto save and change the name using the game options (admin password required). Then play your turn and send me the game. Alternatively, if you are ok with this, send me the admin password and I will rename the game.

got it - changed the game name to "Lovely_Day", played and sent my turn on. We are off and running.

I'm Monty - so expect some crazy war declarations :D

played, sent on to Slaze.

The first time I opened it and tried to take my turn, it was already in pause...I think I hit 'enter' after my password, and that ended my turn w/o me doing anything. I reloaded and took my turn. I only emailed it once, so it should be okay...I don't think that the game automaticaly sent the first one.

Top Bottom