Charles Quint

C.Roland

FFH Art team member
Looks great Roland. My only critique is that his beard looks longer, rounder and fuller in the pic than in the model. Very, very minor though. :goodjob:

Looks great Roland. My only critique is that his beard looks longer, rounder and fuller in the pic than in the model. Very, very minor though. :goodjob:

Still the first to post woodelf :D You replied 15 sec after my post :p

Yeah I know, there is two reason that can explain that.

First, I could say that is beard is different from one picture to an other. His hair pass to dark brown (well, black in some case) to red (and to white, but that is an other case) depending on the painting. The shape is also a factor that differ, so we can not exaclty tell the shape of his beard. We could simply say that this painting have been made couple of month after the LH, so he still had a short beard in this time :D

But the real reason is because I didn't change the beard model of the paradise leader because my exporter is busy (I already gave him a task more complex that an export(the Kurio's spellcaster need some anims;) ), so he do not have a lot of time right now) so I would have lost the shader if I would have modified the model. That is the main reason:D

I have to keep beating back the woodelf position grabbers. :D

Good reasons for the slight beard differences. It's minor and he looks great.

I really like this one, except for one thing - the suit. It almost blends in enough not to be noticable, but only almost. If you could put a robe (Joao's or Mehmed's) on the model, I could be perfect.

As it is, I think he'd make a really good Amish leader if anybody needed one.

This is amazing, great work :goodjob: A solution to the beard problem would be to use suleiman's beard, it actually looks very similar to the one in the picture, with a retexturing of course

This is amazing, great work :goodjob: A solution to the beard problem would be to use suleiman's beard, it actually looks very similar to the one in the picture, with a retexturing of course

Yeah, but I prefer when the beard is part of the model, it blends better like this.

VERY nice.....i like the suit, the silky black shirt and more wool-like jacket do contrast:goodjob:

I like your FF leaders even more into daylight ... and the background is awesome. This one sticks to the pic sufficiently but I think it will be closer with Joao torso and a longer beard. Anyways, I'm sure it must be used in some ways.

I just noticed it isn't. I'm modularising and XML'ing it myself, if you don't mind. In fact, you may even use it in your download if you want.

I just noticed it isn't. I'm modularising and XML'ing it myself, if you don't mind. In fact, you may even use it in your download if you want.

I only create the art, I don't code my leaders or my units, I let others do the job :D

But I really don't know which country he should rule because this man is borned in the actual belgium, have been grow up in netherlands, he recieved his education in french and he ruled Spain, HRE, Austria, part of Italy, (well, a lot of european country) and the spanish teritory of america ...it's a bit complex.

In fact, we have to deciede if we want to make him ruler of Spain or HRE because he can be a good ruler for both. Is it possible to make him avilable for both civ ? If yes, it would be a nice option.

It would be possible, but it'd be a duplicate. Sadly, leader's are assigned in to their nation in the civinfos file, not the leaderinfos file. I could try though. The only thing that worries me is having to of them at the same time.

EDIT: I just tried it, and it IS possible. Simply have two civs reference the same leader! The Pedia entry for the leader only shows the first one (Spain in this case), but when I went to the HRE entry, he was also there, linking to the correct Pedia entry :D Playing with Charles V works for both. As far as I know only one of them will exist during the game.

I have found an odd error though: I cannot click on Charles V from the leader listing, but once I've viewed another leader and have the leaderlist on the right, and then click, it does work!

I can release it, but if you'd prefer me to work out that issue, then please say so.

EDIT2: If you use a mod like Revolution (I do) where leaders can be overthrown and replaced, you may get two Charles V. The game started with Charlemagne, but he didn't please the people enough, so there were two Charles V, one of Spain and one of HRE.

It would be possible, but it'd be a duplicate. Sadly, leader's are assigned in to their nation in the civinfos file, not the leaderinfos file. I could try though. The only thing that worries me is having to of them at the same time.

EDIT: I just tried it, and it IS possible. Simply have two civs reference the same leader! The Pedia entry for the leader only shows the first one (Spain in this case), but when I went to the HRE entry, he was also there, linking to the correct Pedia entry :D Playing with Charles V works for both. As far as I know only one of them will exist during the game.

I have found an odd error though: I cannot click on Charles V from the leader listing, but once I've viewed another leader and have the leaderlist on the right, and then click, it does work!

I can release it, but if you'd prefer me to work out that issue, then please say so.

EDIT2: If you use a mod like Revolution (I do) where leaders can be overthrown and replaced, you may get two Charles V. The game started with Charlemagne, but he didn't please the people enough, so there were two Charles V, one of Spain and one of HRE.

Nice ! Released it when you feel ready to do it. If you want to work out that issue, do it, if you want to release it now, do it too, it's your mod ;)

Thanks for the button, CRoland! Do you think I could persuade you into providing one for your Dido LH as well?

Cheers,
ripple01
;) :yes:

Top Bottom