[LH] Ho Chi Minh

Kao'chai

Newbie in Modding
Now to complete both yours mods and scenarios , presenting :old:Ho Chi Minh .

With BIG help from Ekmek , we have completed this version of Ho Chi Minh , tokugawa in mao's suit with genghis/wangkon's beard. Have fun using it .

Download

Now there is a v2 available made by refar , but I still hope you can still use this LH in your mods

Looks quite like Uncle Ho, actually.:D

Minor comment: he preferred grayish white shirts (but maybe it's a holiday, he looks so cheerful) and methinks you missed a spot on his collar (but maybe it's just an old casual shirt, that's got a whole or two).

Awesome.

I think it can be improved though. For example, what's with the single button on his shirt and the hair, moustache and beard don't blend in with the head. (i mean where the hair ends and the skin begins is a little "rough")

Looks pretty good. Tokugawa is a great choice for the base, using Mao's clothes worked well, and your getting rid of the topknot is an essential touch. It's not perfect in some respects, but the model especially is what's needed, as there are more people around who can reskin than mix and match parts.

The only major problem that sticks out to me is the beard. The coloring is flat on it, and makes it look a little "off." I'm also not 100% on the fork at the bottom of it. I would suggest either working on the texture/whispiness or perhaps looking at the beard used in the updated Jefferson Davis; it might be a good fit with this model.

I'd also second the suggestions of changing the shirt color, adding more buttons down the front, and patching the hole in the back of the collar.

All in all though, very good, and very appreciated. Thanks.

Now we just need some Vietcong units for it's UU :D.

Ask and ye shall receive... ;)

This isn't perfect, but it's a start. Perhaps someone could re-skin it?

And I'm not sure "Viet Cong" is a good name (it was, after all, the epithet Ngo Dinh Diem used for all VN commies -- a portmanteau for "Viet Nam Cong San".) Perhaps "Viet Minh"? "NVA (or PAVN) Infantry"?

Any thoughts on a UB for the Vietnamese civ? Maybe a castle replacement (thinking of the city of Hue)?

Top Bottom