Medieval Balkan Unit Pack (begun 28 Feb, 2008)

Micaelus

aspiring scholar
Here is a gradually expanding pack of Medieval Balkan Units. Last Update: 30 May - Bulgarian and Serbian Horsemen.
Up next: Croatia and Wallachia

BULGARIA
Bulgarian Spearman*

Download Bulgarian Spearman. (no civ color)

Download Civ-Colored Bulgarian Spearman.

Bulgarian Swordsman

Download Bulgarian Swordsman.

Bulgarian Peasant

Download Bulgarian Peasant.

Bulgarian Peasant (with Hat)

Download Bulgarian Peasant (with Hat).

Bulgarian Horseman

Download Bulgarian Horseman.

SERBIA
Serbian Spearman*

Download Serbian Spearman. (no civ color)

Download Civ-Colored Serbian Spearman.

Serbian Swordsman

Download Serbian Swordsman.

Serbian Imperial Swordsman

Download Serbian Imperial Swordsman.

Serbian Peasant

Download Serbian Peasant.

Serbian Horseman

Download Serbian Horseman.

*About these two preview animations: If you notice them being jumpy in the attack animations its because I had to paste those frames in individually and I may not have been as careful as I could have been. (This is because the attack animation was captured with a larger frame size to get the full extent of the spear thrust.) There is no problem in-game.

:clap: but why are they moving while standing? I mean their legs are not moving but they are indeed moving in attack :crazyeye:

Edit: I downloaded the file and saw the original attack animation and its excelent :goodjob:

These are some outstanding units!!!!!

I especially like the the Bulgarian, you can see the detail on the chainmail and standard on the shield is cool.

This is an area that is definitely overlooked with regards to units. Good to see that there are some trying to fill the gap :goodjob:

Looks like some fine units Micaelus... :goodjob:
If you do not want to change the colors to make a unit lighter, you can add a Spot Light that can be easily adjusted for that purpose.

Although CIV Specific Colors can take away and even ruin a Nice Unit, if more than one of the same unit is in a game, CIV Specific Color is needed to see who the unit belongs to. The Shields would be a possible area to add CIV Color for these units. Could color part of the Designs as well as the backs of the shields so the color will show in all directions.

In Scenarios, if a Unit is only used by One CIV or Group, I think it is Great to leave the CIV Color out of a Unit in order to have better Esthetics but people use Uploaded units for different Games that require CIV Specific Colors. ...After all, we are making and using units to be used in the CIV Games that uses CIV Specific Color for all units. :)

Very fine units, although both strike me as dark. And some Civ coloring would be nice (I always say that :mischief: )

Best,

Oz

Very good, although I agree with Ozy that Civ colour is always preferable :)

Looks like some fine units Micaelus... :goodjob:
If you do not want to change the colors to make a unit lighter, you can add a Spot Light that can be easily adjusted for that purpose.

Although CIV Specific Colors can take away and even ruin a Nice Unit, if more than one of the same unit is in a game, CIV Specific Color is needed to see who the unit belongs to. The Shields would be a possible area to add CIV Color for these units. Could color part of the Designs as well as the backs of the shields so the color will show in all directions.

In Scenarios, if a Unit is only used by One CIV or Group, I think it is Great to leave the CIV Color out of a Unit in order to have better Esthetics but people use Uploaded units for different Games that require CIV Specific Colors. ...After all, we are making and using units to be used in the CIV Games that uses CIV Specific Color for all units. :)

Very fine units! I agree with Virote Considon and Ozymandias for Civ colors.

Nicely done. Well detailed and so on. I would agree with the two comments though. It would be better if it had civ color and the over all color scheme is a little dark.

Spoiler :

Nice units.. and they seem quite usable for England too.. what do you history pro's think about that?

Nice units.. and they seem quite usable for England too.. what do you history pro's think about that?
I think I saw a bunch of guys that looked like the Serbian Spearman listening to Kenneth Branagh on St. Crispin's Day. But I'm not sure about the historicity.

I think I saw a bunch of guys that looked like the Serbian Spearman listening to Kenneth Branagh on St. Crispin's Day. But I'm not sure about the historicity.
:lol: I'm just figuring it :D
Anyway did anybody notice a little bouncing in the attack ? The whole figure seem to go up and down like it's not tied to the ground (or is it just me ?) They look great anyway, just a little correction...
EDIT: 300 posts [party]

Top Bottom