[LH] Pol Pot

Refar

Deity
This is Pol Pot from the Khmer.
I did not find a picture that i had in mind for the background, so i just used a generig jungle-ruins :( I will update if i shall find something better in the future.

Database Link

Example Art-Define for him:
Spoiler :
Code:
<LeaderheadArtInfo>
   <Type>ART_DEF_LEADER_POLPOT</Type>
   <Button>Art/LeaderHeads/PolPot/PolPot_button.dds</Button>
   <NIF>art/LeaderHeads/PolPot/PolPot.nif</NIF>
   <KFM>art/LeaderHeads/PolPot/PolPot.kfm</KFM>
   <NoShaderNIF>art/LeaderHeads/PolPot/PolPot_Nonshader.nif</NoShaderNIF>
   <BackgroundKFM>art/LeaderHeads/PolPot/PolPot_bg.kfm</BackgroundKFM>
</LeaderheadArtInfo>

Mmm, the real thing had more of a babyface then your model. It definitely shows cruelty. ;)
The chin and hairline is quite alike though. ;)

Work in Progress

This is going to be Pol Pot.

I am more or less done with the model (perhaps will make the cheeckbones stand out a bit more - as i see the picture now) and working on the textures right now. So there's still time for some feedback and suggestions which i might follow (or might not :p;) )

Who did you use as a base ? It looks very unique ! Nice job :goodjob:

Thanks for the input everyone :)

Mmm, the real thing had more of a babyface then your model. It definitely shows cruelty.
Yes, it's hard to take out those deep folds to the sides of the mouth and below the eyes... They make the face look older and "harder". Unfortunately most Stock LH's have them... (All but the girls... Hmm... makes me think...)
I am hopping to be able to gain a bit more harmless look in animations (at least the nice mood ones)
I found it tough to round out cheeks (see my Idi Amin) so let me know how you figure it out.
I use soft selection for that kind of stuff. I assume blender will have a similar tool.
Who did you use as a base ? It looks very unique ! Nice job :goodjob:
He was Qin Shi Huang from BTS. Actually i am quite happy about this question - i was worried he was to close.
Likeness to original would be nice - but it's hard to achieve. If he's at least unique there will be a place for him somewhere :mischief:
You should even out the eyebrows. He kinda looks like a Romulan. :lol:
Are you telling me he wasn't :eek:

My first thought was: Oh, Tomalak! ;)

But he really looks much like the picture. I would recoment to make his chin a little bit smaller, so his face whould look rounder, and to reduce his bags under his eyes. But I am only writing this, because I know, Refar is a perfectionist. :) He allready looks very good.

Yeah if his chin was smaller, it would gove the face the roundness of the real thing. Looks like quality stuff though!

My guess is one of the FF leaderheads.

FF leaders are also based on other leaders and because of the short time frame I had to make them (I only began to worked on when we was done with AoI) they still look a lot like their base (for most of them). And I would have recognize a leader on wich I spent some time :D

Thanks for the input everyone :)

Yes, it's hard to take out those deep folds to the sides of the mouth and below the eyes... They make the face look older and "harder". Unfortunately most Stock LH's have them... (All but the girls... Hmm... makes me think...)
I am hopping to be able to gain a bit more harmless look in animations (at least the nice mood ones) I use soft selection for that kind of stuff. I assume blender will have a similar tool.He was Qin Shi Huang from BTS. Actually i am quite happy about this question - i was worried he was to close.
Likeness to original would be nice - but it's hard to achieve. If he's at least unique there will be a place for him somewhere :mischief: Are you telling me he wasn't :eek:

You did an amazing job on it. Now that you tell me, I recgonize him, but before, it was really hard to tell. When you make a leader it's hard to know if it still look like it because you're the one that made it, but I can say, for an external viewer, this one really don't look like his base.

Not yet. I was thinking on something like that temple in the end of Apocalypse Now - but did not had time to actually look for a good picture yet.

But if you have something nice ... :mischief:

A somewhat aged temple at the mekong, perhaps ? Would be quite what i have in mind.
I dont want the BG to look like a polished city-palace - he spent a good part his life in some partisan camps after all...

Pile of skulls might be historically appropriate, but it's somewhat explicit. Since we are doing game artwork here, i would prefer something more subtile.
There are different kinds of temples...

Top Bottom