ADDON: Extra Civ pack for RoM 2.0

If I remember correctly, leaders' characteristics are different from each other (I've just browsed through them when checking for RoM settings).

Cool, I hope so. As I recall in some previous folks attempts at new civs (hopefully not the Gold Team) they'd either simply copy the personality of another official Firaxian Civ with the same characteristics or perhaps the settings of the leader they used as the basis of the modified leaderhead animation.

Weird, same as before when I'm using this civ patch, the game crash to a black screen and the computer is frozen after a few turns (+- 100). No problem without the civ addon..

Weird, same as before when I'm using this civ patch, the game crash to a black screen and the computer is frozen after a few turns (+- 100). No problem without the civ addon..

I wonder if it's some sort of memory issue as this Civ add-on takes up a lot of space.

Hi,

I get a whole bunch of CTDs in the "Play Now!" Civs selection screen, either when I click on a civ's name (ie. Irish empire or Cham empire) or when I click on a second or third leaderhad (ie. Cochise of the Dinnehih, Hidalgo of Mexico or David of the Israeli). I suppose that the right first leaderheads of the Cham and the Irish are the one that are doing CTDs.

I think CTDs are caused by me using Wine and Ubuntu (Linux) to play to Civ4, since no one seems to have this problem. Otherwise, I'm using BTS Complete, 3.17, RoM 2.41.

The thing that really bother me is that I don't see any difference between David of Israel and, say, Teuta of Albania... (also, some graphics don't work, like the Croatian LH that looks exactly like its persian base).

I wonder if it's some sort of memory issue as this Civ add-on takes up a lot of space.

I'll monitor the process on a next try.. but I don't think it's memory related, it's not a CTD, it's really a full pc crash. Moreover, I'm using an x64 OS with plenty of available memory..

Hi,

I get a whole bunch of CTDs in the "Play Now!" Civs selection screen, either when I click on a civ's name (ie. Irish empire or Cham empire) or when I click on a second or third leaderhad (ie. Cochise of the Dinnehih, Hidalgo of Mexico or David of the Israeli). I suppose that the right first leaderheads of the Cham and the Irish are the one that are doing CTDs.

I think CTDs are caused by me using Wine and Ubuntu (Linux) to play to Civ4, since no one seems to have this problem. Otherwise, I'm using BTS Complete, 3.17, RoM 2.41.

The thing that really bother me is that I don't see any difference between David of Israel and, say, Teuta of Albania... (also, some graphics don't work, like the Croatian LH that looks exactly like its persian base).

Well there aren't any better ones at the moment. I've sent some more unique LHs to zappara. Like David by Ekmek. So he has to put them in game. ;)

Okay after a few more tests, seems that when I play windowed mode (so I can easily monitor how much memory the process takes) there's no more crashing.. that's definitively weird!

Could someone upload this addon on another mirror? I never liked FileFront because of their high download times, but now this is just ridiculous. It takes 7+ hours to download this file (330 MB), whereas 2 GB normaly take 2 hours with my connection.

Tried the pack in a multiplayer game and the hud was alternatively missing for the players.. 1st time player 1 has no hud, we restarted, second time player 2 has no hud.. even rejoining the game multiple time didn't solved anything. Single player games works fine now though..

I have now uploaded version 1.3 patch which makes this addon pack compatible with Rise of Mankind 2.5 settings.

Download patch 1.3

Installation order
------------------
1. Install Rise of Mankind 2.4
2. Install Extra Civ Addon Pack 1.2 for Rise of Mankind 2.4
3. Install Rise of Mankind 2.5 patch
4. Install Extra Civ Addon pack 1.3 patch for Rise of Mankind 2.5

Patch Install process:
----------------------

1. Locate your Civilization 4 installation folder from your hard drive.
2. There go to subfolder named Beyond the Sword and under Beyond the Sword go to subfolder Mods.
3. Unzip the mod to this Mods folder. Zip file contains the needed folder structure for the mod files so make sure your archiver program is set to unzip files with the folders.

Version 1.3 (updated to RoM 2.5)
Spoiler :

Civilizations
-------------
- Changed: All civs starting civics updated to RoM 2.5 settings
- Changed: Denmark artstyle European -> Viking
- Changed: Dinnehih unit artstyle Meso American -> Native American
- Changed: Apache can use now leaders Cochise, artstyle South America -> Native America
- Changed: Finland unit artstyle European -> Viking
- Changed: Cherokee artstyle South America -> Native America
- Changed: Kanembornu artstyle Middle East -> African
- Changed: Lithuania artstyle European -> Russia, unit artstyle European -> Viking
- Changed: Mapuche uses now South American arstyle instead of Aztec style (didn't exist), derivative civ Inca instead of America
- Changed: Olmec unit artstyle South American -> Meso American
- Changed: Piliwni unit artstyle South American -> Meso American
- Changed: Sioux artstyle South America -> Native America
- Changed: Sweden artstyle European -> Viking, unit artstyle European -> Viking

Leaders
-------
- Changed: Albania Gjergj Nationhood -> Nationalist
- Changed: Albania Teuta Representation -> Senate
- Changed: Apache Geronimo Representation -> Senate, trait Financial -> Charismatic
- Changed: Argentina Peron Police State -> Proletariat (based on pedia info)
- Changed: Australia Curtin Nationhood -> Nationalist
- Changed: Austria Maria Theresa Free Religion -> State Church (based on pedia info)
- Changed: Brazil Pedro Representation -> Senate
- Changed: Canada Trudeau Representation -> Liberal
- Changed: Cherokee Ostenaco Free Religion -> Despotism, traits Spiritual->Aggressive, Organized->Charismatic (based on pedia info), base peace weight 8->5, warmonger respect 0->2
- Changed: Chile O'Higgins Nationhood->Nationalist
- Changed: Croatia Tomislav Organized Religion -> Monarchy
- Changed: Czech Masaryk Universal Suffrage -> Democracy
- Changed: Denmark Canute Theocracy -> Vassalage, trait Creative -> Aggressive
- Changed: Denmark Christian IV Theocracy -> Aristocracy, trait Imperialistic->Expansive
- Changed: Dinnehih Cochise Nationhood -> Nationalist
- Changed: Dinnehih Goyathlay (aka. Geronimo) Hereditary Rule -> Senate, traits Aggressive -> Charismatic, Spiritual -> Philosophical
- Changed: Dinnehih Narbona Environmentalism -> Laissez Faire
- Changed: Etruscan Lars Porsena Mercantilism -> Monarchy
- Changed: Finland Kekkonen Representation -> Regulated
- Changed: Goths Alaric I Barbarism -> Despotism
- Changed: Harappan Shambara favorite religion Hinduism
- Changed: Hungary Matthias trait Philosophical -> Aggressive
- Changed: Ireland Boru Nationhood -> Aristocracy
- Changed: Israel Ben Gurion religion Christianity -> Judaism, Nationhood -> Liberal
- Changed: Israel Davig organized religion -> State Church
- Changed: Italy Lorenzo representation -> Bourgeois
- Changed: Italy Vittorio universal suffrage -> Vassalage
- Changed: Kanembornu Alooma Theocracy -> State Church
- Changed: Khazaria Ziebel Organized Religion -> Secular, religion Judaism
- Changed: Lithuania Jogaila Organized Religion -> Free Church
- Changed: Lombards Alboin Serfdom -> Despotism
- Changed: Maori Emancipation -> Oligarchy, religion Christianity
- Changed: Mexico Cardenas Emancipation -> President
- Changed: Mexico Hidalgo Emancipation -> Nationalist
- Changed: Minoa Satur Free Market -> Divine Rule, religion Hellenism
- Changed: Mycenae Agamemnon Bureaucracy -> Despotism, religion Buddhism -> Hellenism
- Changed: New Zealand Clark Representation -> Parliament
- Changed: Nubia Piye Police State -> Vassalage, religion Christianity -> Amun-Ra
- Changed: Olmec Po Ngbe religion Nagualism
- Changed: Phoenicia Hiram Mercantilism -> Patrician
- Changed: Piliwni Wovoka Organized Religion -> Prophets
- Changed: Poland Sobieski Representation -> Monarchy
- Changed: Polynesia Kamehameha Tribal Law -> Vassalage
- Changed: Romania Cuza Representation -> Parliament
- Changed: Romania Vlad Police State -> Feudal
- Changed: Scotland Robert I Representation -> Aristocracy
- Changed: Serbia Dusan Bureaucracy -> Monarchy
- Changed: Sweden Charles XII Nationhood -> Vassalage
- Changed: Tibet Songtsen Organized Religion -> State Church
- Changed: Toltec Topiltzin Nationhood -> Divine Rule, religion Nagualism
- Changed: Tupi Cunhambebe Emancipation -> Chiefdom
- Changed: Ukraine Sviatoslav I Representation -> Vassalage
- Changed: Wales Llywelyn Bureaucracy -> Aristocracy

Diplomacy
---------
- Fixed: Geronimo first contact
- Fixed: Ostenaco first contact

Gametext
--------
- Fixed: Curtin first contact text tag
- Fixed: Simeon I first contact text tag
- Fixed: Trudeau first contact text tag
- Fixed: Robert I first contact text tag
- Fixed: Charles XII first contact text tag
- Fixed: Sviatoslav I first contact text tag

Audio
-----
- Added: Flamethrower sound defines to xml files

Unit artstyles
--------------
- Changed: Mapuche artstyle uses now South American style for many units

If you notice any bugs in this version, please post info about them so I can fix them.

This patch does not add any new civs or leaders. I'll try to make v1.4 at some point with some new civs and leaders which have been suggested.

Reinstalled everything from scratch to make sure I had done everything in order - Unfortunately on generating a map tried various ROM_(version) s the game just crashes on initializing stage with a C++ runtime error :(

this happens both custom game and normal start and with a large map

zappara,

For your info , with the Addon-civs patched to 1.3 and using ROM 2.501 I am still getting a "runtime error " message and CTD when trying to use the Giant or Gigantic map sizes. Loads ok using huge map size.

davidr

Have now tried a few configuration

ROM 2.4 and extra cive pack (2.4) - no issues at all
Rom patched to 2.5 but no extra civ pack - sometime crashes on map generation (smart map) but usually working

ROme 2.5 plus extra civ pack (also patched) - installation is as above - crashes everytime on map generation (every map script Ive tried so far - with large map :(

Runtime error...

Followed installation order as specified, starts fine (Haven't tried a Giant or larger map - I know my machine's limits :D )

The run time error seems to be related to the size of map and type of map generated

Just tried a small ROM_Tectonics and it went fine - any larger and I get a crash

Done a little further investigation - looks like the problem is related to memory usage using Winxp32 - the map generation chokes it appears on lack of memory whereas on winxp64 it runs smoothly

Hey Zappara,

As I'm really hoping I don't have to re-download ALL of the required steps, any chance you'll put up a Civs Add-On v1.3 in it's entirety I can slap onto my Civ Add-On-less RoM 2.5 beta?

Hey Zappara,

As I'm really hoping I don't have to re-download ALL of the required steps, any chance you'll put up a Civs Add-On v1.3 in it's entirety I can slap onto my Civ Add-On-less RoM 2.5 beta?

I'm having the same problem. Though it doesn't seem like 2.4 is available for download anywhere... at least I can't find it. Oh well, I'll just play without the extra civs for now.

Top Bottom