ADDON: Extra Civ pack for RoM 2.0

I'd Like to see Adolf Hitler of Nazi Germany. Benito Mussolini of fascist Italy.

Adding Hitler would make playing RoM illegal in Germany so I won't be adding him. This has been several times over the years and I'm still saying no to it. You'll have to add him by yourself if you want to use him with the mod.

lol I think Stalin offends more people than Hitler. And not all of us live in Germany.;)

lol I think Stalin offends more people than Hitler. And not all of us live in Germany.;)

Has nothing to do with giving offense and everything to do with the fact that portraying the Nazis in a potentially positive light is illegal in Germany. Which means that if you distribute a product that allows you to say "Adolf Hitler, you have displayed the leadership of Augustus Caesar!" then you are potentially (mind, I say potentially; I'm not a German lawyer) breaking the law in Germany. Whereas if you say Stalin did great things, there are plenty of people in Russia who would agree with you to this day.

When I load the mega pack, the extra civs do not load with it. It just loads regular RoM. Also, two errors come up in the loading screen saying something about how the tags for the barbarian art are incorrect.

How do I fix this?

I'm trying to upload today v1.4 patch for Extra Civ addon pack (ie. Megapack patch). The patch is about 160MB as it adds 41 new leaders for various civs and it adds 3 new civs (sorry no Turks yet as I didn't find it in modular format and the version I'm converting to modular version didn't have unique building at all). The patch includes also v2.53 patch for Rise of Mankind - difference between 2.52 and 2.53 is that v2.53 has fixed mapscripts, opportunity fire turned off by default and one small python fix for Religions.

Edit: I've checked how much the mod uses RAM when you just load the mod ie. in mainmenu. With extra civs it takes about 600MB RAM to just run the mod, obviously in game it requires much as more graphics models are loaded in to RAM so at least 2GB should be available before you try the mod with extra civs.

Here are the addon patch notes:
Spoiler :
Version 1.4
-----------

- Included Rise of Mankind 2.53 patch files

Leaders
-------
- Added: Cleopatra for Egypt
- Added: Afonso for Portuguese
- Added: Basil for Byzantium
- Added: Cetshwayo for Zulu
- Added: Dido for Carthage
- Added: Franco for Spain
- Added: Henry VIII for England
- Added: Hirohito for Japan
- Added: Charles V for Holy Roman
- Added: Jayavarman VII for Khmer
- Added: Joan of Arc for France
- Added: Kangxi for China
- Added: Lenin for Russia
- Added: Leonidas for Greece
- Added: Marcus Aurelius for Rome
- Added: Masinissa for Carthage
- Added: Nebuchadrezzar II for Babylon
- Added: Richelieu for France
- Added: Wilhelmina for Dutch
- Added: Robert Menzies for Australia
- Added: Franz Josef for Austria
- Added: Stefan Stambolov for Bulgaria
- Added: Michaelle Jean for Canada
- Added: William Lyon Mackenzie King for Canada
- Added: Sir John A. MacDonald for Canada
- Added: Lester B. Pearson for Canada
- Added: Rishi for Harappan
- Added: Arpad for Hungary
- Added: Stephen I for Hungary
- Added: Michael Collins for Ireland
- Added: Niall Noigiallach for Ireland
- Added: Mindaugas for Lithuania
- Added: Taharqa for Nubia
- Added: Amanishakheto for Nubia
- Added: Casimir III for Poland
- Added: Lech Walesa for Poland
- Added: Salamasina for Polynesia
- Added: Mary Stuart for Scotland
- Added: Tashunke Witko for Sioux
- Added: Tymoshenko for Ukraine
- Added: Yushchenko for Ukraine

Civilizations
-------------
- Added: Latvia (has own unitartstyle as well)
- Added: Makedonia
- Added: Troy

Sounds
------
- Added: Austria select order sounds
- Added: Ireland select sounds
- Added: Canada select sounds and leader music
- Fixed: Albania select order sounds were missing
- Fixed: Albania Gjergj_Early.wav music was missing
- Fixed: Romania select order sounds were missing
- Fixed: Magyar select sound defines removed since that civ is not included in the pack
- Fixed: Latvia was requesting AS3D_GERMAN_SELECT and AS3D_GERMAN_ORDER defines. The correct sound defines are AS3D_GERMANY_SELECT and AS3D_GERMANY_ORDER. Typos fixed.
- Fixed: Maria Theresa music

Download patch 1.4 (about 160MB)

Patch should work if you have RoM+Extra civ addon pack or Rise of Mankind Megapack installed.

Download links added for patch 1.4

Very good job, there are white eyelashes for 3 or 4 leaders and it gives Runtime error when I try to play single player, but otherwise the pack is a blast! :)

I'd like you to suggest to remove few leaders for civilizations that has much leaders. For example Canada has 5 leaders and 2 of them are not so good reskins of Roosevelt. Thumbs up! :goodjob:

Very good job, there are white eyelashes for 3 or 4 leaders and it gives Runtime error when I try to play single player, but otherwise the pack is a blast! :)

I'd like you to suggest to remove few leaders for civilizations that has much leaders. For example Canada has 5 leaders and 2 of them are not so good reskins of Roosevelt. Thumbs up! :goodjob:
Most of those leaders are from Civ Gold mod and today there are probably available newer graphics to most leaders but since those aren't in modular format, I haven't downloaded any of them as I would have to create all the xml files from scratch for them and search for pedia info etc... it was enough time consuming just to add the modular format leaders to the addon pack. However I might in future tweak RoM a bit so that leaders can be added just with "plug'n'play" style with modules (ie. no longer need to edit diplomacy infos). If I get this done, then other modders can make modular leaders for this pack. :)

I just downloaded the 1.4 patch, and we tried to load Joan of Arc twice, and both times it crashed giving us a runtime error. Is this a bug or do I need to do something on my end to make this work?

Edit: It also happened on other leaders, it seems as if every single player game we have tried to play crashes now w/ the 1.4 patch download. :(

Playing with Joan of Arc myself - Runs fine on XP64 but loading the same game in xp32 crashes with C++ runtime . I expect the problem isn't so much the extra Civ pack it's that XP32 can't address enough memory

BTW you do realise that the Joan of Arc model uses assets from Oblivion (both Bethesda meshes (the steel plate armor is the Oblivion steel cuirass and modded (she uses a Ren Hair mesh)). I doubt the Ren mesh is a problem but the steel one maybe

Yeah but the mod worked fine for me (outside of a few random crashes) before installing this patch, why would this one patch put it over the line as not being able to address enough memory? I have the full amount of memory that a 32 bit OS is able to acknowledge and I can't possibly imagine that this mod has a higher memory requirement than any other game I play.

It has to be something beyond that.

32bit XP and Vista adressing only 2GB for programs with default settings. IMHO, BtS Vanilla is already borderlining this limit and with many addons/mods etc this barrier is broken and thus happens the MAF errors. Moreso if you happen to set the graphics to med or high because they take up a huge chunk of memory.

From what I've read 32 bit OS's address 3gb.

And either way that still doesn't explain why the mod worked before this patch, and doesn't work after it. It wasn't that huge of an addition.

Oh and I set all graphic settings to low just to test, and yes it still crashes the exact same way.

Here is the error box I get every time I try to play a single player game.

EDIT: I appear to have fixed the problem. Turning off Anti-Aliasing in the ATI Catalyst Control Center allows me to load the game and play w/o seeing any crashes yet. This game has always given me issues w/ AA for whatever reason, I have to set it off in the game, and now apparently off in the CCC as well. Maybe this is the reason I get intermittent crashes w/ the vanilla Civ IV as well, I guess this game just doesn't like AA with my video card. It appears to be fixed now, and if anyone is having a similar issue I suggest turning of AA in-game as well as the control panel and see if that solves it.

Edit again: Nope, still crashes after I play a little bit. So disabling AA allows it to the load, but the game still crashes after a while. Frustrating.

Attachments

• Error.jpg
    Error.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 104
Ok, regardless.

I still have a very hard time believing that Civilization IV, with a mod running, is something that's going to bring my particular system to its knees. The vanilla Civ IV's RECOMMENDED requirement (not minimum) is 512mb of RAM. So it's a bit of a stretch for me to believe that a mod is using 1.5gb of RAM in this particular game.

Especially when you consider how obviously popular this mod is. If this game required those kind of resources on EVERYONE'S computer, I'm thinking it wouldn't be as popular as it is. There's something going on beyond "it requires a lot of memory."

Ok, regardless.

I still have a very hard time believing that Civilization IV, with a mod running, is something that's going to bring my particular system to its knees. The vanilla Civ IV's RECOMMENDED requirement (not minimum) is 512mb of RAM. So it's a bit of a stretch for me to believe that a mod is using 1.5gb of RAM in this particular game.

Especially when you consider how obviously popular this mod is. If this game required those kind of resources on EVERYONE'S computer, I'm thinking it wouldn't be as popular as it is. There's something going on beyond "it requires a lot of memory."

I understand that you want this mod to run well on your computer. Zappara has recently posted what he believes are the necessary resources for Extra Civ Pack. Unfortunately, my computer doesn't meet those specifications - my graphics card has "only" 256MB. However, I run teh standard mod up through the modern era without any MAFs. I use the highest graphic settings and large map. I would love to play with the extra Civs, but it just doesn't work on my computer.

As someone once told me, you can wish all you want that this isn't the problem. However, wishing isn't going to make the problem go away. Learn to live without the extra civs.

I understand that you want this mod to run well on your computer. Zappara has recently posted what he believes are the necessary resources for Extra Civ Pack. Unfortunately, my computer doesn't meet those specifications - my graphics card has "only" 256MB. However, I run teh standard mod up through the modern era without any MAFs. I use the highest graphic settings and large map. I would love to play with the extra Civs, but it just doesn't work on my computer.

As someone once told me, you can wish all you want that this isn't the problem. However, wishing isn't going to make the problem go away. Learn to live without the extra civs.

I assume you're referring to this post?

"Edit: I've checked how much the mod uses RAM when you just load the mod ie. in mainmenu. With extra civs it takes about 600MB RAM to just run the mod, obviously in game it requires much as more graphics models are loaded in to RAM so at least 2GB should be available before you try the mod with extra civs."

This is my CPU:

- AMD 9950 Quad Core BE
- 4gb RAM
- ATI 4870 1gb video card

I think it's safe to say my PC should not have a problem running a Civilization IV mod.

Hi!

Ok, i have a problem:
I can't install the patch! When i extract it to Beyond the sword/Mods/Rise of mankind it has no efect. There are no new leaders or civs. And the game still won't start (i had that map script problem thingy, that this patch is suppost to fix).
Please help me,

JanK

Top Bottom