Spanish Me-109 pack

Wolfshanze

CFC Historian
This is a detailed reskin job (took me considerable time) basically from scratch, for both Nationalist Civil War Spain and Spain during WWII. In a nutshell, I based these skins on the excellent Me-109 model created by nautil and putt a brand new skin on it (I was tired of the only Me-109 skins either being German or looking German with little-more then team color).

The first prototype Me-109's to arrive in Spain were sent to the Kondor Legion in 1936. In 1937 these were followed by a number of B-models and in 1938 by C and D models. The Me-109E arrived in Spain just too late to see action in 1939. Most of these early Nationalist aircraft were distinguished by various crosses and bands in black and white, and later in the war by black discs on the fuselage and wings. The most consistent marking used was a black St. Andrew's cross on the rudder of each aircraft, with the rudder itself usually being painted white. Sometimes the squadron symbol was painted in the fuselage disk. Occasionally a white cross was painted on the black disk.

After the civil war the Spanish Air Force adopted markings based on those of war-time nationalist aircraft, but replacing the black discs on the wings with roundels of red yellow and red (which were also used as the nationalist colors during the civil war). The black fuselage discs were initially retained, usually with the yoke-and-arrows device applied, but were eventually replaced with the same red-yellow-red roundels. The rudder retained the black St. Andrew's cross on a white ground, and this form of national marking can be seen to this day.

As a bonus, I included the basic (no-marking) camouflage Me-109 PNG files for anyone who wants to do other nations that used the 109 (as there were many) but don't want to use the standard German skins as a base (these are NOT needed to use the enclosed models, just there for people interested in reskinning).

The download includes both Nationalist Civil War Spanish and WWII Spanish Me-109 fighters, custom button, as well as the needed NIF and DDS files... uses the default fighter animation...

Download Here

(BTW, the single star isn't mine...)
Awww... one star? And no comments?

Surely if my skins are that bad, they deserve a proper public bashing!?!?!

Why would you (whoever rated it) rate something so low and not give it the proper beat-down? Surely the Wolf will voice his opinion if he sees fit to do so.

Well phooey on them... I'll get all DK on their arse and say if they don't like it, they can make their own Spanish Me-109 skin pack! :lol:

I think your skin(s) look great on the BF109 - Definitely keep up the work. I'm still waiting for you to try a model or two, something tells me you'll get there eventually.

It's a good skin.

Odd that the one star dude chosen not comment :rolleyes: I guess it was kind of "Protest"-vote... Agains wahtever...

Hey Smitty... well, this one was a lot of work... I usually start by recoloring existing skins, then go from there, but of the two skins that came with the Me-109 (Grey/Yellow & Dark Grey Camo), neither suited my purposes as both were "very strongly German" skins/coloring... so I completely tossed-out nautil's two skins and basically reskinned this sucker from scratch. The camo-pattern, color, markings, riveting, roundels... everything is all-new. I also had a bit of a time getting that St. Andrew's cross on the tail 'just-right'.

Anyways... there's still plenty of reskin jobs that need/should be done out there... so my plate is full of options for now... I would (in theory) love to get into 3D modeling itself... but everytime I try to figure it out, my middle-ageness kicks-in and I would rather program a VCR and review my portfolio then try that 3D model stuff! I'd love to pick-up where Matt left off and get back to work on naval models... we really still need a lot of ships... and there's a handful of tanks that still need to be made (my kingdom for a Jap Type-3 Chi-Nu model)... but I still suck at doing 3D things.

Did anybody post a request for the Chi-Nu model yet? (I thougth there was at least one model maker taking requests.)
I requested it a few times... mostly I get "yeah, someday" out of people.

BTW, will we see all these reskins in your mod?:confused:
Naw... why would I make anything I can use? ;)

Seriously, most, but not all will find their way into the Wolfshanze mod. For example, I only have need of ONE Soviet General and ONE Spanish WWII Fighter... so sometimes I do make more skins then I personally can use in the Wolfshanze mod, but I realize there are others out there who might be interested in a different look, so I do more then I myself can use (if it doesn't take much time/effort... and changing the roundel to a 2nd version on the Spanish fighter didn't take much time).

Any chance that you will put in a few more helicopters in the next version of your mod? I know there is a Eurocopter floating around for some European Countries, An AH-64 Apache, A Hind for Russia and one or two others. I don't care whether those units are re-skinned to every country if they are in. Thanks, Healz.

Any chance that you will put in a few more helicopters in the next version of your mod? I know there is a Eurocopter floating around for some European Countries, An AH-64 Apache, A Hind for Russia and one or two others. I don't care whether those units are re-skinned to every country if they are in. Thanks, Healz.
There's already three different helicopters in the Wolfshanze Mod... America has the AH-64, Soviet-Block countries have the Hind and western nations have the default Cobra.

The Eurocopter came-out after my last release, but it will go into the next version of the mod.

Ok, I might not have noticed them in my version in the civilopedia. Got to look that up in the actual in game one as I was just looking in the unit categories but that didn't seem to indicate them in the correct category. I had just been playing and had a look. Have to see whether they come up when I get to that section of the game. Thanks.

Ok, I might not have noticed them in my version in the civilopedia. Got to look that up in the actual in game one as I was just looking in the unit categories but that didn't seem to indicate them in the correct category. I had just been playing and had a look. Have to see whether they come up when I get to that section of the game. Thanks.
I'd say about 90% (or more) of what I add to the Wolfshanze mod is not visible in the main menu civilopedia, because almost every nation gets it's own unique flavor model... which is only visible either in-game on the map, or to that nation's specific in-game civilopedia.

On helicopter gunships, the main menu civilopedia will only show the default unit (the Cobra), but the USA gets the Apache and Soviet-Block nations get the Hind.

Ok, also Wolfshanze I know this is not the thread but when I built Apolistolic Place and did a "Stop War Against Healz" (Me) it ended up crashing the game at the end of that turn. I did use a spy for a mission against Hannibal and it ended up crashing right when that mission was successful. I'm not sure what is going on there. I may need to see whether it is the spy that is crashing the mod...

Ok, also Wolfshanze I know this is not the thread but when I built Apolistolic Place and did a "Stop War Against Healz" (Me) it ended up crashing the game at the end of that turn. I did use a spy for a mission against Hannibal and it ended up crashing right when that mission was successful. I'm not sure what is going on there. I may need to see whether it is the spy that is crashing the mod...
At the risk of pirating my own thread (can I do that?) I'm having a sneaking suspicion there are problems with the custom DLL included with the mod... actually, the custom DLL is NOT NEEDED to play the mod... and I'm probably going to just deleted it in the next version. See the Wolfshanze Mod thread for a temp-fix on your end... though (I'm afraid) if you do the temp-fix, you'd have to start a new game.

I'm going to release a new version of the mod any day now (which also will require a new start... not backwards compatible), and I will be removing the custom DLL which should put an end to odd crash problems... for the curious, the main purpose of the custom DLL was to enable 34-civ games... if/when I remove the DLL, the Wolfshanze Mod will play as it always has, only with a max of 18-civs per game instead of 34... but it should be as stable as vanilla Civ4.

Couldn't you find a DLL that only does add more civs, without any other changes ?

Couldn't you find a DLL that only does add more civs, without any other changes ?
That's what I started out with...

I'm using Lt.Bob's custom DLL, which primarily does three things:
1) Enables 34 civs
2) Includes Bruic's patch
3) Changes Global Warming from Desert to Fallout

All three good things... but for whatever reason, I think it's a tad unstable... and since it's not my DLL and I can't control it, I think I'll just nuke it.

My own game finally crashed-out on me... and I know it's not my XML or graphics... so there's something wrong with the DLL... it seems out of control.

Are there any TOTALLY STABLE multi-civ DLLs? At this point, I'm a bit leary of custom DLLs.

Top Bottom