RiskNES VI - WAR IS PEACE

Read and follow the rules.​
Spoiler SETUP :
The map setup and victory conditions are as follows:

For obvious reasons the game will be played in Simultaneous mode. All orders (Reinforcements, Battles, Tactical) will be sent and then acted upon

Spoiler REINFORCEMENTS :
Reinforcements are gained by the following formula: ((Total Territories) + (Largest Number of Connected Territories)) / 3. The "largest number of connected territories" is defined by the greatest concentrations of adjacent territories, including those linked by dotted lines.

Reinforcements are also gained for controlling continents, as indicated in Setup.

The number of reinforcements that may be placed into a specific territory cannot exceed the number of territories a player possesses directly connected to that territory, including that territory itself. As an example, if a player wishes to reinforce China, and has two territories attached to it (India, Mongolia) only three reinforcements may be placed in China. This does not apply for initial positioning. A player will always receive a minimum of 3 reinforcements so long as they have two connected territories or three seperate territories; if they have two seperate territories they will get 2, and if they only have territory they will get 1.

The number of reinforcements a given Army will receive will be indicated in the update.

Spoiler CARDS :
Set Value is required for Simultaneous play. Trade-in values are as listed below:

• 3 Infantry Cards: 4 Reinforcements
• 3 Cavalry Cards: 6 Reinforcements
• 3 Artillery Cards: 8 Reinforcements
• 1 of Each Card: 10 Reinforcements

Pertinent facts on trading in cards:

• Only given combinations of three cards will be accepted.
• Should a player have six or more cards and they have two valid sets they made trade both in on the same turn.
• Should any card a player exchanges depicts a territory they currently occupy, that player automatically gains 2 Reinforcements in the indicated territory.
• If a player should hold five cards, they must exchange a sufficient number to have less than five before the next Reinforcement phase.
• The number of reinforcements a player receives are bounded by the total number of troops they can support due to placement. If a player has an exceedingly small amount of territory, the quantity of cards they receive may be truncated.

Cards may only be utilized during the reinforcement phase.

Spoiler BATTLE TYPES :
Battles are conducted in sequence utilizing the following order of priority:

• Border Clashes: Battles where the armies of two players have attacked each other's territory
• Mass Invasions: Battles where multiple armies attack a single army defending a territory
• Invasions: Battles where a single army attacks another single army which is stationary or attacking elsewhere
• Spoils of War: Battle between two players after a successful Mass Invasion for territory control
• Surge Attacks: Continued attack from a recently conquered territory.

It should be noted that only one surge attack can be issued per turn. Surge attacks are issued at the same time as other normal attacks and therefore cannot be conditional unless the conditions regard enemy placement strength.

Spoiler BATTLE RESOLUTION :
Individual battles are determined using the following system. A single D12 is used to calculate rolls. The D12 will be one of five colors depending on the number of units available. The colors and the number of units each is correlated to is as follows:

1 - 5 Units: White
6 - 10 Units: Yellow
11 - 18 Units: Orange
19 - 29 Units: Red
30+ Units: Black

Each color of die has different probability distributions, as given by the following chart:

Higher dice rolls will always win. In the event of a draw, the attacker will always win unless the battle is a Border Clash or Spoils of War in which case both Armies will utilize attacker rules and the result is a draw.

Spoiler TACTICAL MOVEMENTS :
At the end of a combat round a tactical movement from one territory may be executed. Only one territory may be the origin of the tactical movement but there may be several destinations.

The number of forces that may tactically reinforce a territory is limited and is the same as the number of units that may normally reinforce that territory.

Spoiler ALLIANCES :
Alliances may be either public or private. No guarantees of trust are made by the moderator.

Spoiler DEADLINES :
Order Deadlines will be posted at the end of the update.

Spoiler UPDATES :
Updates will be composed of the folllowing information.

• Placement: Displaying all updated positions
• Combat: Displaying all combat movements and their results
• Final: Displaying final positions after combat and tactical moves
• Reinforcements: The number of reinforcements each Army receives.
• Offenses: Any rule violations or orders which are impossible to execute for non-obvious reasons will be pointed out
• Notes: Any pertinent information players should know
• Deadline: The time of the next deadline

Additional information may be provided at moderater discretion.

Spoiler ORDERS :
The title of your orders PM will contain the full serial of the game (RiskNES IV), your Army color, and the turn number. Your orders should be clear, relatively concise, and pertinent to the ongoings. It is suggested you utilize bold codes to emphasize important pieces of information. If I find your orders unsatisfactory, I will tell you so, and suggest improvements. You will specify numbers for your placements and attacks, or else they will assumed to be at maximum. If your orders do not follow the rules as outlined, they will be interpreted as necessary to accomodate the rules.

An example of sufficiently detailed orders is as follows:
Spoiler :
Card trades:
No cards available.
Reinforcements:
19 total (max unless specified):
  • Ukraine
  • Middle East
  • Peru
  • Brazil
  • Ontario
  • Iceland
  • North Africa (the last 1)

Attacks (all at max unless specified):
  • Brazil -> Venezuela
  • Peru -> Argentina (2)
  • Peru -> Venezuela
  • Ontario -> Greenland
  • Iceland -> Greenland
  • Ukraine -> Ural (4)
  • Ukraine -> Afghanistan
  • Middle East -> Afghanistan (6)
  • Middle East -> India
  • India -> China (surge)

Tactical movements:
Conditional, in order of priority
  1. If I lost Ukraine but own Afghanistan, and won China, move survivors from China to Afghanistan.
  2. If I still own Ukraine and also own China and India, move units to equalize between the two.
  3. If Iceland is still mine but not Greenland, move all units from Scandinavia to Ukraine.
  4. If Ukraine is still mine, move all units from Scandinavia to Ukraine.
Spoiler PLAYERS :
This game can support up to eight (8) players, with a minimum of two (2) required. The agreement is fairly simple: if you want to play you had damn well better send orders, and send them on time. Thlaylism / MjMism will not be tolerated. I, like Niklas, will not require a EULA like Symphony D. did, you know what happens anyway. Two strikes and you're out.

First come, first serve. Backup players will be happily accepted. Please state what color and name you wish to play when signing up.

Spoiler GENERAL STRATEGY :
Simultaneous Risk does not play exactly the same as normal Risk. There are several key differences that must be kept in mind. A few general pointers are included to assist new players in making the transition:

• Larger Is Generally Better: As can be deduced from the dice rules utilized, having a bigger force is generally wise as it vastly improves the dice odds afforded to an attack, both on attack and defense. For that reason, it is generally a wise move to assemble larger armies.
• More Is Generally Better: Similarly, Mass Invasions--that is, attacks from multiple territories into a single enemy territory--are also good ways to improve odds. Two Armies of 1 Unit have two seperate rolls as opposed to a single Army of 2 Units, which only gets one, effectively doubling your odds of victory. Due to placement restrictions and the limit on the number of tactical moves, Mass Invasions are also often the only way to pool forces into the larger sorts of Armies and gain high die advantages.
• Offense is Always Stronger: Much as in normal Risk, offense is generally always in a superior position as regards odds. In the case of Simultaneous Risk, because the attacker will (except in Border Clashes) always win a draw, the attacker is almost always in an equal or superior position unless outnumbered or facing multiple avenues of attack.
• Lines of Defense and Counterattacks are King: Due to placement restrictions it is often the case that outer border territories are often hard to reinforce and only capable of receiving a token number of forces; making them potentially weak. It is therefore often prudent to construct a secondary line of defense with excess forces (if available) in multiple adjoining territories. If the enemy achieves a breakthrough, these forces can be pooled into a Mass Invasion to retake the territory and be assured of holding it, and potentially to press on.

All credit to this first post goes to Symphony D. and Niklas (for very minor modifications).​

List of players:
1. J. Cash : Symphony D.
2. Warlord : Neverwonagame3
3. E. Presley : human-slaughter - ELIMINATED (TURN 14)
4. Lt. Dodge : North King - ELIMINATED (TURN 5)
5. CompanyInc : LightFang - ELIMINATED (TURN 4)
6. Basque Sepa : qoou
7. The British : Shadowbound - ELIMINATED (TURN 4)
8. Simoom : Niklas

Backup players:
Perfection

Former players
germanicus12 (booted; formerly Lt. Dodge)
e350tb (booted; formerly The British)
qoou (left; formerly Basque Sepa) - RETURNED
TheBladeRoden (backed up for only one turn; formerly Basque Sepa)
Charles Li (backed up then got replaced; formerly Basque Sepa)

List of updates:
Troop Deployment
Finished Troop Deployment
Turn 1
Turn 2
Turn 3
Turn 4
Turn 5
Turn 6
Turn 7
Turn 8
Turn 9
Turn 10
Turn 11
Turn 12
Turn 13
Turn 14
Turn 15
Turn 16
Turn 17
Turn 18
Turn 19
Turn 20
Turn 21
Turn 22

Orders deadline:
As soon as possible!

Public notice:
It is turn 23 now. Read the rules, brush up on Risk geography. Creative output for this NES (thank you everyone for your efforts) is and will be highly appreciated. Confused fighting FTW!.

Black Army--Operational Name: "J. Cash".

Coalition Forces- Operational Name "Warlord"

Oops- I'll take Red.

It's been awhile since I've played risk, so I don't think I'll join this right now, but I'm lurking. I might substitute for someone who drops out.

Oh wow blast from the past. Ill take Blue and to compete with Symph.

Blue Army - Designation: E. Presley

Sounds cool, I played in Diplomacy 2 and 3 over at forum games, I'll take the Grey army, Operation name: Kolist Uprising.

I will command the Purple army. Viva La Resistance!! Stop the spread of the evil Black Empire!! :p

Operation Name: General Dodge. (yes a human leading little plastic people, what of it?)

Take control of the Green Army; Moniker: Company, Inc.

Claiming Basque Separatists - Yellow

Orange British Empire Revivalists.

Can I change my Operational name to Coalition Forces?

Due to constraints I failed to consider earlier (honestly, I should have), I am postponing the start until everyone who has a name longer than twelve characters (preferably less for those with big characters) change their names. Name changing is subject to approval due to further length constraints.

That includes:
2. Coalition Forces : Neverwonagame3 (changed to Warlord)
4. Kolist Uprising : Kol.7 (quit prematurely)
5. General Dodge : germanicus12 (changed to Lt. Dodge)
6. Company, Inc. : LightFang (changed to CompanyInc)
7. Basque Separatists : qoou (changed to Basque Sepa)
8. British Empire Revivalists : e350tb (changed to The British)

You have until May 14, 2008, 1200 GMT (previously the main player signup deadline) to rectify. Please bear with the inexperience of the management.

EDIT: No-one is required to rectify anymore.

I'll switch back to Warlord, then.

Company Inc.

That should be exactly 12 characters.

Top Bottom