Balanced "E" Map please?

Kaenash

Warlord
Can some one with better map making skills than I create a nice balanced map that lets me play 9 civs with a nice mix of good, evil and nuetral and with resources distributed in a logical way? (with a little thought towards the racial preferences)

One that doesn't have a lot of sea travel but isn't a pangea either?

The map I made gives me a CTD and I am bummed.

I tend to like a few nice little islands or places out of the way that are sort of "Valleys of wonders" or "Isle of the Magi" that tend to be guarded by barbarians and good for contested lands between two civs.

I have gone back to the "e" patch and had to get rid of fall further, until it gets patched up.

Civs I'd definitely like included are Bannor and Sheaim but anything else that provides a nice mix is good. I prefer more good/evil than neutral so maybe 4/4/2 as a mix of races alignmentwise.

Much appreciated.

I am hesitant to try much larger map that tries to incoporate all races just because I have found that in the end game these maps tend to crash or something (in regular civ anyway). However, if you have a much bigger map as well with every civ I am definitely game to try.

Remember that you can select civs you like for the random map generator. And I think random maps "Wheel" and "Ring" fit your description well.

if you really want the divide between good and evil, try sto's alignment options modmod aswell. The religion war option on that modmod is great! There should be more "normal size" scenario's and premade maps though, i'd do it myself but i'm really not good at the creative process.

Thats the problem I am looking for a pre-designed map and it seems there are a ton of "DIY" options out there, but just want a nice "E" version map while I wait for the mod-mods to test out their changes to E.

I am finding donut world has intrinsic problems just because of the early wars.
ZOMG map is good but it works only with fall further installed and I am not entirely sure its that stable yet.

Been frustrated with a few CTDs that seem to stop me from finishing the game lately.

Find it strange there is not a collection of some well-worn perfect maps.

I will never forget the first Warlords Map, back in the Amiga days. Red Orcs of Kor just south of this sort of Mordor area.

I've fought at least 100 wars on this map and used it for RPGs even.

Top Bottom