Varietas Delectat for Rhye's and Fall

Lone Wolf

Deity
This is an add-on for Rhye's and Fall for BTS which adds Ethnically Diverse Units from the mangificient Varietas Delectat mod.

It's packed as a separate mod called "RFC VD", to avoid semi-modular installation hassle. No gameplay changes.

Link:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=9825

Screenshots:

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

And a last warning, since many people have problems with the annoying mannner of zip utilities to automatically create an extra folder when unzipping - the files go to Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rhye's and Fall of Civilization\Assets, NOT to Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rhye's and Fall of Civilization\Assets\RFC VD.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG
    305.4 KB · Views: 12,947
  • Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    256 KB · Views: 12,548
  • Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG
    232.4 KB · Views: 12,401
Yes, it does. The only changes are the graphics changes.

Can you confirm that it works with 3.17? Love the idea.

Thanks for this.

Installed and played over 200 turns as China and England with no problems in 3.17

Rhye has to add this to his next update for those who might miss this.

Why? The add-on has a very large size, which may be unpleasant for people with slow Internet connections. And maybe somebody likes standard graphics better. There's nothing wrong with this being an addon. Althrough perhaps it deserves to be stickied, 'cause it adds a very nice touch. :)

I love this mod, thanks for this.

One little thing though, in both games I've played since I downloaded this the Expansion civic was set to Despotism by default. It might not have anything to do with the mod, but I've never had the problem before. I doubt it's a big deal, my government civic still works properly and I can still switch to another Expansion civic, but I thought I'd point it out.

in both games I've played since I downloaded this the Expansion civic was set to Despotism by default.

Do you mean Subjugation? That's how things should be. Or do you mean that Despotism appears in the Expansion column?

Do you mean Subjugation? That's how things should be. Or do you mean that Despotism appears in the Expansion column?

No, that's just it, instead of subjugation it's set to Despotism, even though that's a government civic.

Ah, I understand the issue now. Here's a fix, added to the OP.

Returned the default graphics for Samurai
Fixed the absence of Child in the Dutch Settler graphics
Fixed random city lists
Subjugation civic should display correctly on civic screen

http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=180892&stc=1&d=1214150946

Unzip it to Your Civ4 directory\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rhye's and Fall of Civilization\Assets. If promted, select okay to overwrite.

Can this be used with existing saves? Or only with new games. (Sounds like a silly question)

It's all graphics, it should be okay with existing saves (then again, it did affect the civics screen :lol: ).

By the way, I found another problem: the button for the German heavy footman is using the archer icon. It could be the same with other civilizations, I haven't checked.

I'm really loving this add-on, keep up the good work. :)

By the way, I found another problem: the button for the German heavy footman is using the archer icon.

That's Varietas Delectat issue. I'll fix it.

BTW, what shall I do with Ethnically Diverse Cannons? Some of then, like the German one, are obviously meant to come in one timeframe with Riflemen, not Musketmen. And some Ethnically Diverse Musketmen are from a bit later timeframe then default Musketman.

Attachments

• Modules.zip
    136.5 KB · Views: 746
great work LW :goodjob:

Top Bottom