new art in progress

Hmmm... I will look into it - but no promise yet... there is a Construction helmet we could use on the Sid LH... Now if i could find a matching vest...
A cultist would be nice as well...

since he is a cultist i think that the kool-aid man would be appropriate LH

Wow, I'm barely a week on vacation with the latest then available version of Fury Road, and its graphicwise already obselete. :clap:

like said a while ago found some blueprints from the interceptor, so here an early wip. Did i miss something special, shall there be weapons. Shall the coulur be black like the original one, etc.

Attachments

• prev.jpg
    prev.jpg
    295.7 KB · Views: 269
Awesome! That will be a really good "theme" addition to the game. If you take a look at the utility truck "ute" in version 8 and above, refar did some really cool variants of the same base unit. With low tech, it has a driver who pops out and shoots a crossbow. As you get certain promotions, it gets a machine gun or rocket launcher in the truck bed. Also there is the new hero unit "Fireball" where the same vehicle has two flamethrowers on the front.

I would say to match the paint job of the original. For weapons, let's get one unit complete with no weapon. I could see one variant with a hole cut in the roof on one side, so the passenger can stand up, and a machine gun mounted on top.

Now I have to think of how to use the unit! This should play a bigger role in the game than just a single hero unit.

like said a while ago found some blueprints from the interceptor, so here an early wip. Did i miss something special, shall there be weapons. Shall the coulur be black like the original one, etc.

The model looks delicious! :yumyum: It had to be black, maybe with some rust/dirt/light reflections to break it up though.

thanks :) new wip - this time coloured, the different colours for the windows atm are wanted but they wont be this way in the final model. The texture is already 256*256

i think there are small symbol missing on the sides (has anybody seen a close up pic?) in front of the doors, but that should be the last missing detail, or?

Attachments

• prev2.jpg
    prev2.jpg
    431.2 KB · Views: 293
thanks, finished my first in game try, imo looks good so far, perhaps more gloss? The driver is lend from GarretSidzaka, i think he will have no problem that i give is Mad Max his car. Can you try it also ingame (uses the animation like the ghost) and say what can / need to be changed.

using strips (atm) the complete model has around 3400 triangles, using shapes reduces the number to 2050.
The interior can be removed, at least i planed this for the non hero variants.

@ Chuggi

i use Blender, but gloss is possible, but i have idea how to render to texture (should be possible - but first i must read how - and i´m lazy - so there is a small problem ;) ).

Attachments

• interceptor_prev.zip
    129.8 KB · Views: 217
  • prev3.jpg
    prev3.jpg
    409.4 KB · Views: 294
thanks, finished my first in game try, imo looks good so far, perhaps more gloss? The driver is lend from GarretSidzaka, i think he will have no problem that i give is Mad Max his car. Can you try it also ingame (uses the animation like the ghost) and say what can / need to be changed.

using strips (atm) the complete model has around 3400 triangles, using shapes reduces the number to 2050.
The interior can be removed, at least i planed this for the non hero variants.

@ Chuggi

i use Blender, but gloss is possible, but i have idea how to render to texture (should be possible - but first i must read how - and i´m lazy - so there is a small problem ;) ).

If you want to render some shadow in Blender, you must go in your UV pannel and create a new white texture. Thank, in your scene, place some lights to light you car like you want. Play with the material and do some test renders. When your light and material do a nice render, go in the render tab and press bake (uncheck the clear button). After a certain time,a new texture will be created. Go again in the UV panner, you'll have your new texture (your shadow map). Save it. After, in Photoshop, put your new texture over the one you've made and change its blending mode to something that fit well. I hope I was clear :crazyeye: That was my little tips of the day, but when I explain in english whitout screenshot, I always have the impression of being difficult to understand. If you have anyquestions, feel free to ask !

By the way, nice job on the car !

thanks a lot for the tutorial, was very helpful :) (tried it and made baked textures), now i only have to learn through playing/training how to set up good lights, positionate them and also make a good bakingable uv map, but even so my try showed me that it can be much more than useful

Here's a question about the civilizations,have you considered making a facist civ?With the units looking Nazi-like?

A more advanced unit for the civ could look like this,but maybe wearing abullet-proof vest and also wearing a Nazi armband like Chuggi's Waffen SS unit.

Also,I have some ideas for Cultural Unit Diversity for this mod.

To me,the Phoenix civ looks like a Communist civ to me,so maybe the units could wear old Soviet uniforms,helmets,and have Soviet weapons.

For New Australia,maybe the units could wear WWII British helmets and maybe some worn out British/Australian uniforms.

Not sure about the rest,though.

I'm reskinning a unit for the Phoenix civ.Here's what I got so far.(This is my first unit I'm making)

Although several civs could tip into fascism fairly easily, Stein is probably the closest to a fascist in the current background text.

Ok,also,here's another unit I'm working on.It's could be an advanced flamethrower unit.

Ok,here's a preview of the flamethrower unit in the game and the unit itself(the first unit I've ever created!)

Attachments

• Flamethrower.7z
    24.8 KB · Views: 210
Here's another re-skinned unit.It can use infantry animations

Attachments

• Soldier.7z
    70.7 KB · Views: 205
I have an idea for a paratrooper of Fury Road.Maybe he could have the hat of a WW1 fighter pilot,but the cloths of a regular citizen.
He could have this hat.

But the rest of the body could look like this.

He could also wear a leather vest.Maybe seZereth could make it.

Top Bottom