Win Diety thru Peaceful Method?

NeOPhAzE

Chieftain
So far I am pretty comfortable Winning Deity.

However, it always involve attacking the other civ
and conquering their cities and
then to decide either to just finish them thru Domination,
Culture, Science or Cash.....

I tried playing a more "peaceful" method...
just defending and expanding thru Settles hoping to win a
culture or science victory but have not been successful.

Has anyone won Deity without attacking?

Yep. Many times with Russians and Greeks

I won an economic victory as the Spanish on diety. I did not attack or invade any of the AI all game, however, they all tried to war on me. I simply tried to hold them back so I could catch up tech wise, while still growing my economy. In the end, the Germans launched the SS, but I beat them by building the world bank first :D So far this was the only game I have played on Diety where I did not take atleast one other city from an AI.

I'm also currently playing a game as the Russians, and it's my first time using them. So far im highly impressed actually, the +1 food from plains boosts your growth by lots early on, especially when you rush a granary instead of a library (after you get your free settler from 100g). This then let me build more settlers and expand rapidly, so I got really good cities right now. Each of my cities, other than my capital, has atleast 3 resources, with 2 of my cities having 4 resources. Mainly fish, dye, and whales, so I have a huge tech lead right now as Russia. My goal for this game is to hold back the AI, and not invade them or capture any cities. Shouldn't be hard as my two production cities are at the front of my empire, and all my science cities are in the back.

How did you get 3-4 resource for 1 city?
It's pretty tough for me just finding 2 resource for 1 city.....

Anyway.... it's tough since either one Civ will be way ahead in Tech
or one Civ will be heading for an Economic win way b4
I get Space tech.....

I just won the game on diety, without declaring war, and without taking over any AI cities (either by culture or dominance). My tech lead that I had at the end of my last session disappeared because of the Chinese being left alone to tech ahead while the English and Arabs constantly invaded me. In the end, I had very strong cities, and was able to complete and launch my SS before other civs even got Spaceflight. I'm not sure why the Chinese did not go for it sooner, but, I don't really care because I won :lol:

I was able to get 4 of my 5 cities with atleast 3 resources (some with 4) because I put them on the coast, near barb villages, and goody huts. My strong(er) cities had atleast 1 dye and 1 fish.

My best science city had 2 fish, 1 dye, and an Iron, all in the immediate working area. My other good science city had 2 dye, and a silk, along with an oak when the I got a courthouse. My best production city had an oxen, a dye, and iron once I got a courthouse. And probably my best all around city had 1 fish 1 dye 1 iron 1 cattle. (Yea, I got a lot of iron for some reason, all the barb huts spawned for me was iron).

First thing I built in all my cities was granaries because I knew the larger my cities got the better they would be. My capital was by far my worst city for production/science, but probably my best city for growth.

My first two diety wins were with the Greeks, a science/tech victory and then an economic victory.

Both these pretty much go hand in hand, since I could have easily built the World Bank while I was launching my spaceship, I just chose not to.

I liked the Greek for their beginning Democracy and the courthouse. Makes for good science and gold production.

I was using culture to flip a couple of AI cities, and just defended myself until the end. Not too hard.

I had one awesome gold-producing city on an island. It only had 2 production but had access to some cool sea bonuses like whale, fish, and dye.

Even if you're going for culture, tech, or domination, it really helps to have at least one city producing a lot of gold, for rushing buildings and units.

I just got my first diety victory tonight

economic win as the spanish

had a good starting spot, with fish and whale, able to expand to like 7 cities.. wish I had expanded more.

both the russians and germans went to attack me from midgame on, and I had to counter dozens of armies of legions and other low end armies. hardest thing they hit me with was knights towards the end

fortunately I had a city with 4 hills and coal, its what let me win the game

egypt was somehow able to make a city with low production produce a wonder every couple of turns and produce a great person every couple of turns. when they were 3 away from winning the game I finally was able to finish building the manhattan project

1 turn of anarchy = death to cultural city. they went from 18/20 to 10/20 and devestated their economy

the arabs were wierd. most civs will sell techs, the arabs refused to put anything on their list but added trades from time to time.

they had just started on the spacerace. I had 1 gold city producing like 500 gpt. had like 5k saved. rush bought banks in all my cities, used my mass production city to build the internet.

I started building the bank, and began rush buying multiple modern infantry every turn from every city. arabs launched their spaceship, and everyone declared war on me again. I held them off for 5 turns and won right before the arabs would have gotten to alpha centauri

note I never DOW on anyone, but it was a rough ride. hardest game I've played

whats up with cities able to produce dozens of armies.. like atleast 1 per turn.. its rediculous.

NaZ

On Deity the AI to my knowledge has production buffs, and even without buffs but with suitable terrain around you, it's no problem to produce more then one unit each turn. In the late game it's not irregular to have cities cranking out 80+ hammers a turn, and with that amount of production you can create more then one units each turn, depending on their hammer cost. (overflow will anyway go to next turn so say price is 50 hammers, you get 1 on first turn, but two on the second, and so on).

Another way to do it which i often do to produce armies is:
rush
produce
rush

That way i get 3 units in the space of time of 1 unit production, and get an army, and all from the same city.

And of course in addition to this you have the military wonder which gives you cheaper units, and communism which helps even more.

I konw how to keep up in production, I usually beeline for construction, engineering, and railroad. its how I was able to win that game

but its another to wipe out 10 armies of legion only to see 5 armies of catapults and 5 armies of legions 2 turns later from 3 cities. that's not production its cheating which unfortunately is how firaxis has to handle the higher difficulty levels by giving the ai tremendous handicap bonuses

NaZ

Top Bottom