PayCivs

pay-t

Lazy historian
It has arrived for BTS.....

PayCivs

A pack consisting everything I made and published for Civilization 4. Including some extras, like additional leaderheads for existing countries, and extra great people.

First some notes about why, what and how?

I made this mod so I could play all my mods at the same time, but it also has another personal touch. I am trying to represent as much as possible of the Limburgian culture. That's where the extra great people come in. Every new release of this mod will have more and more things that are Limburgian, just my way of sharing what I love most of all, with you.

But most of all, this mod is a tribute to the great Toon Hermans (1916 - 2000)

Now, onto the content and credits at the same time.
Spoiler :

Civilizations:
Magna Frisia (all by me)
Belgium (again, all by me)
The Duchy of Limburg (all by me)
Somalia (by Wyz Sub 10, except for the Daar leaderhead, which was done by me)

Additional Leaderheads:
Komnenos for Byzantine (by me)
Papagos for Greece (by me)
Michiel de Ruyter for the Netherlands (by me)
Bernhard for the Netherlands (by me)
Tupac Amaru for the Incan Empire (by me)
Hassan for Somalia (by me)
Leopold II for Belgium (body by Ekmek, texture by me)

Great Artists:
Toon Hermans
Colla Bemelmans (Limburgian poet and writer)
André Rieu

So just click the title, or click here to dowload it.

Attachments

• Paycivs Advertisement.JPG
    Paycivs Advertisement.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 488
This is the unrefined version of the mod, meaning no diplomacy and/or intro music for some leaders.

Future updates will be written in here.

Just curious - for Belgium, why not use a brewery or chocolate?

Well, the brewery one is easy to explain. The foremost reason is that Belgian beer doesn't taste as good as Dutch, German or Irish beer. Also because Belgium isn''t that big of a beer country. It has got alot of Burgundic/French influences resulting in people preferring Rosé an/or wine over Beer.

As for the chocolate, it was one of my main choices, together with waffles and fries. The reason I didn't chose chocolate is because well, I don't know actually, for some odd reason my choice went to friedfood. I think this is because everything Belgian I read, saw or listened to included stuff about friedfood, while the chocolate / waffle aproach of Belgium is made more by other countries. Just like people in Germany think of tullips belonging to the Dutch people, before Dutch people do. Tullips are from Turkey by the way:lol:)

So, those are my reasons.

Top Bottom