Sailor's Dirge

[to_xp]Gekko

QCT junkie
did anyone else get killed at turn 5 by the sailor's dirge? pretty sure it happened to some of you... :p this should spawn a bit later, otherwise you're doomed :D sorry if this has been mentioned before ;)

At least once got killed on turn 10, and a few other times it got me a bit later.

I think I'd like it better if it came later, but was a bit stronger. Make it lay siege to a city a little bit.

Also, I think there should be a reward for killing the dirge. (As far as I know there isn't one).

It hasn't happened to me, but I have seen it happen to the AI.

I have one worse though. I lost the game due to frostlings spawning next to my capitol on turn one. Yeah that's right, one whole turn of play and game over.

My settler and warrior started so far apart that I couldn't have moved him into the city before that even if I tried.

I have one worse though. I lost the game due to frostlings spawning next to my capitol on turn one. Yeah that's right, one whole turn of play and game over.

My settler and warrior started so far apart that I couldn't have moved him into the city before that even if I tried.

LOL.

As for sailor's dirge, FINALLY saw it a few games ago =for the first time, kept dropping off 3 orcs at a time. Does it spawn those orcs or pick them up from somewhere?

edit: oh yeah the orcs just sat outside my city and didn't attack.

I had skellis so I think they pick the guys up.

I've got you beat. Had the Bear constellation turn my capital into tundra, then frostlings spawned right on top of it. Instant lose.:cry:

I popped a village while my capital was undefended on turn 2 or so. An orc spawned on top of it.

Started next to the Pristin pass. Ran away and founded in a good location. Culture expanded, expanding vision as well, revealing I'd settled right next to Broken Sepulcher. I restarted then and there, not wanting to wait and see if a random civ would wander their explorer over the Lich's pad.

Reward for killing Sailor Dirge...
Pirate Treasure, like Dragon Horde, but weaker so maybe it should have pearls and gold and gems (maybe pearls and one of the two) one or two culture and maybe it could give the amphipbus promotion.

I managed to capture the Dirge, but did not see a way to get it to spawn units.

dirge has killed me off too -- and I play at a lower difficulty level -- but only once. Treasure? I figure the thing is rotten wood kept together by magic, so it sinks when defeated. Of course, if you had mer-people, they could run a salvage operation for you, but most likely you don't. And Perpy says that the Kraken just eat it if you tell them where it is, but he finds that entertaining.

Sailor's Horde is a GREAT idea, I really like the idea that it gives Pearls (as the dragon's horde gives gems+gold). Instead of giving enchantment like DH, the Sailor's Horde could give automatic fair winds to ships. This would make it quite valuable, but quite less so than the DH.

Sailor's Horde is a GREAT idea, I really like the idea that it gives Pearls (as the dragon's horde gives gems+gold). Instead of giving enchantment like DH, the Sailor's Horde could give automatic fair winds to ships. This would make it quite valuable, but quite less so than the DH.

I would also like to see this.

Yes, but how you get the reward? It won't spawn in the city like the Dragon's Hoard can. It'd have to work through an in turn event as soon as it's defeated.

It would be quite simple to make the Sailor's Dirge start with the equipment in promotion form, like how Orthus's Axe is handled but with the ability to be dropped to create the building.

[to_xp]Gekko;7288634 said:
I like the idea of the sailor's dirge dropping some kind, it makes sense as a reward for overcoming its evilness ;)

Of course, it might even be captained by Malus of the Five - ne'er a more restless spectre upon the seas...

Top Bottom