Help with the Title Screen!

The Capo

godless Heathen
Hey everyone, I am sure this is a simple procedure, and I have checked other threads about it but I can't seem to get it to work correctly. I am trying to get the attatched image to show up as the title background for a mod I am working on and it hasn't worked yet. I downloaded a DDS converter program but it says it can't convert the file I have. Does anyone know why this wouldn't be able to be converted or anything like that that may help me. Anyway here's the file;

Try this on for size...

Title screens need to be "squished" to a perfect square, then converted to DDS, otherwise they look stretched in-game.

Usually, I convert any images to PNG or BMP format before converting to DDS... sometimes seems to help. The file was also a bit large so I shrank it a bit... should still look good on your screen.

Attachments

• YourDiploTitleDDS.zip
    333.1 KB · Views: 105
Thank you woflshanze, that worked. I'd kiss you if I were gay and Republican. Well that's kinda redundant now-a-days isn't it? :p

Just kidding, thank you man, and I used a lot of your units in my mod too, but its for Diplomacy games, which a lot of people don't like, so I don't know how much exposure its going to get. Thanks again.

Thank you woflshanze, that worked. I'd kiss you if I were gay and Republican. Well that's kinda redundant now-a-days isn't it? :p
No problem... even liberal yankees deserve a title screen from time to time.

No problemo... hope you like your title screen. I just got around to doing mine recently myself.

Hmm, I put it there and it isn't working. I'm guessing there's more to it than renaming the file huh? Anyone know how to do this?

Hmm, I put it there and it isn't working. I'm guessing there's more to it than renaming the file huh? Anyone know how to do this?
The default Main Menu for BtS is animated, and you want to replace it with a static picture.

So to do that, you want a NIF file that calls for a static picture.

I believe a default scenario for BtS is "Gods of Old" (look in your BtS Mods folder)... it uses a static picture.

Just use the Civ4MainMenuBG.NIF from Gods of Old and rename the DDS you have to "GodsofOld.DDS" and stick them both in your mods Assets/Art/Interface/MainMenu folder.

I had to figure this stuff out on my own too... nobody was really volunteering the info!

The default Main Menu for BtS is animated, and you want to replace it with a static picture.

So to do that, you want a NIF file that calls for a static picture.

I believe a default scenario for BtS is "Gods of Old" (look in your BtS Mods folder)... it uses a static picture.

Just use the Civ4MainMenuBG.NIF from Gods of Old and rename the DDS you have to "GodsofOld.DDS" and stick them both in your mods Assets/Art/Interface/MainMenu folder.

I had to figure this stuff out on my own too... nobody was really volunteering the info!

Very useful, thank you. This even works on a mac! One source of trouble can be the image size. Reduce it and try again Wolfshanze's method.

Top Bottom