[BTS] Does anyone know how to change sounds like promotion sounds or Unit sounds?

Dixshield

Chieftain
I've been trying for hours to change the promotion sound but it just doesn't work, no matter what I try. I have already checked the file, it is a .wav file like all the others, I have also checked the file path and I have also checked the definition of the file but nothing works! Can someone help me? I uploaded my own Mod here and i am still working on it. You can look and maybe see the problem if you want. The sound i want to change is in Assets/Sounds/Units. I want to replace the Verstärkung-001.wav sound with the AS2D_IF_LEVELUP sound.

Attachments

• Real CIV4.zip
    6 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Instead of replacing a sound file I would rather add the audio xml files to your mod and change the paths within these files to point towards your mod files. Replacing the original files can work at times, but you can run into problems with the fpk package files. Single files should normally take priority over the files stored within the fpk files, but using modding the xml files within your mod directory should certainly be the cleaner solution.

Instead of replacing a sound file I would rather add the audio xml files to your mod and change the paths within these files to point towards your mod files. Replacing the original files can work at times, but you can run into problems with the fpk package files. Single files should normally take priority over the files stored within the fpk files, but using modding the xml files within your mod directory should certainly be the cleaner solution.
I didn't replaced the file. I added it.

You have to define them in the AudioDefines.xml, where you set the path, and then you have to define it a second time in the Audio2DScripts.xml or Audio3DScripts, where you take the definition of AudioDefines and make another adjustments like volume.
This is the ScriptID you have to use in the PromotionInfos.

You have to define them in the AudioDefines.xml, where you set the path, and then you have to define it a second time in the Audio2DScripts.xml or Audio3DScripts, where you take the definition of AudioDefines and make another adjustments like volume.
This is the ScriptID you have to use in the PromotionInfos.
I tried it, it still didn't work :(

I added the XML-schema files, but also nothing happened. So I added another sound in the same folder, which is working correctly.

So I don't think I can help you here any more, it seems your file is damaged (although you can listen to it when you play it outside of civ4). Maybe you can try to redownload/recreate the file, or you have to search for a similar sound.

Attachments

• Real CIV4.zip
    6.1 MB · Views: 3
I added the XML-schema files, but also nothing happened. So I added another sound in the same folder, which is working correctly.

So I don't think I can help you here any more, it seems your file is damaged (although you can listen to it when you play it outside of civ4). Maybe you can try to redownload/recreate the file, or you have to search for a similar sound.
Thank you so much! You were right, the file was actually not correct or corrupted because I made this file from a screen recording on my Ipad to a wav file on my PC and that's why it didn't work, I guess because of IOS, they use their own file format etc, it works now because I took the sound from Youtube and cut it together, thanks again!

I saw that you are German speaker, just like me. If you should play RFC modmods, I made a German translation for RFCEurope and SoI (also integrated in my SoIR, but work for base SoI too), which are free to use.

Also small request: I saw the soundtrack in your Real Civ, may I use it for my own mod?

I saw that you are German speaker, just like me. If you should play RFC modmods, I made a German translation for RFCEurope and SoI (also integrated in my SoIR, but work for base SoI too), which are free to use.

Also small request: I saw the soundtrack in your Real Civ, may I use it for my own mod?
You mean the Menu Opening? Yes, you can use it if you want. :)

Top Bottom