Trajectory Bombard FX

Vuldacon

Dedicated to Excellence
Supporter
For the Conquest or PTW Trajectory Folder to change the Explosion graphics...just for something different.

There are two sets, one with the SDI Laser initiated Explosion that could be used for Spaceships or Satellite Laser attacks and one without the Laser that could be used for any other Bombardment Unit where you want the extra Explosion Effects.

Edit: Note that If you want to use the Explosions without the Laser Directly for a Units Bombardment, you can simply use the "Trajectory_Attack.Flc and Sound".

Both Sets have a sound that goes with them.

These animations replace the "Trajectory" animations that are used for the "Bombard Fx" in the
Conquest Editor.
To use, simply place the Trajectory Folder you want to use in your Art\Animations Folder of your Scenario or MOD
and Check the "Bombard Fx" Box in your Conquest Editor for the Units you want to use the Animation Graphics.

The animations with the Laser use the remade SDI Laser combined with an Explosion that I made from altering the flc and changing the palette from vingrjoe's Death Flc for his IOWA Class Battleship.
Credit goes to him for his original work that was altered and used to make these explosions.
The sound was made from altering and combining the in game SDI "Laser.wav" with an Explosion sound I made.
The SDI Laser Light angle was changed to be more vertical, centered and lengthened for better effect.

The Explosions are different in each direction for Both Trajectory Bombard FX animations and they were altered for each of the "Hit Flcs"
in order to show different explosions during the Hit Sequence.

IF you just want the Laser, you can use those frames or add your own explosions to make what you like :)

The explosions were made for EFZI2 so it Looks best on a Dark terrain map.

The Preview is with the Laser and just one Explosion to show the basics.

You can Download the Zip File Here

Trajectory Bombard Fx with incoming Artillery Shell:
Uses the same Explosions with an incoming Artillery Shell...as requested :)

Note: I wanted to use different Directions for the incoming Artillery Shell but the Trajectory Explosions used in the game are not directional and are only meant to Show the Explosion Hits so I kept the Artillery Shell
incoming from a vertical direction in order to accommodate all Unit Bombardment Directions...in other words, no matter what direction a Bombard Unit fires, the incoming Artillery shell will show as coming in from a Vertical position...but the directions for the explosions were staggered in order to show several different explosions as the animations play.

I added a slight incoming Artillery Shell type sound to my Explosion sound.
I added the Extra Artillery Attack.flc which shows the incoming Artillery Shell in all Directions...IF you can use it for anything :)
All Game Tested.

You can get the Zip File Here

Last edited:
Vuldacon, you make such a lot of interesting modding stuff for Civ 3. Thank you very much! :thanx:

And if I remember well in one of your older posts you have spoken of a lot of stuff you made for somone (Teturkan?) for an animated Civ 3 map. May be there is a time, when you can publish these things (or may be I don´t remember this well). :)

That's awesome! Too bad it's a laser and not an incoming artillery shell (though I suppose it could work for that too).

@Civinator: Don't you mean that Vuldacon adds realistic stuff to Civ 3?

@Civinator: Don't you mean that Vuldacon adds realistic stuff to Civ 3?

Of course Vuldacon adds realistic and very good stuff to Civ 3. Did I express something wrong with my poor English?

Civinator... Thanks Dude.... I take that as a gracious compliment. You yourself have been an Icon at this Site through the years with your Expertise concerning the CIV Game and a great benefit for anyone wanting to know the many "How TOs". You have helped more people than you could know :)

Tank_Guy#3... An artillery Shell could be added quite easily... just a few frames. Personally, I cannot use the Laser but thought perhaps the Star Wars gang could. This is a VERY simple change just for something different..no big deal and I only uploaded it in case anyone else might want it :)

To Tell you the truth, I have done so many things in the past years, I do not currently remember everything :lol: :old: but Finishing EFZI2 is something I will do as I have always completed everything I have elected to do in my life. Just lately having some of "Lifes Difficulties" so slow going.

I have very much enjoyed helping people with what I can and this is only right as I have benefitted from many people as well.
I find you all a bunch of Good Guys and see that you all do not see your own Gracious offerings to others.

I am an Old Guy having Fun and fortunately have not lost my desire or ability to enjoy life and creativity... Games included :lol:

The way people know others ON LINE is limited at best and contingent upon what is perceived at any given moment. Suffice to say that I find the interaction uplifting and Probably like most everyone else, I enjoy the "Ride" :lol: I may not post when and where I "should" but I do see the many Great Things that you Guys do and My Hat is Off to you.
So Thanks for all you do on these Forums... It is a worthy Blast to be among "Friends" :cool:

I am an Old Guy having Fun and fortunately have not lost my desire or ability to enjoy life and creativity... Games included :lol:

The way people know others ON LINE is limited at best and contingent upon what is perceived at any given moment. Suffice to say that I find the interaction uplifting and Probably like most everyone else, I enjoy the "Ride" :lol: I may not post when and where I "should" but I do see the many Great Things that you Guys do and My Hat is Off to you.
So Thanks for all you do on these Forums... It is a worthy Blast to be among "Friends" :cool:

I echo your thoughts, I thought I was the only older guy here.

Tank_Guy#3... An artillery Shell could be added quite easily... just a few frames. Personally, I cannot use the Laser but thought perhaps the Star Wars gang could. This is a VERY simple change just for something different..no big deal and I only uploaded it in case anyone else might want it :)

To Tell you the truth, I have done so many things in the past years, I do not currently remember everything :lol: :old: but Finishing EFZI2 is something I will do as I have always completed everything I have elected to do in my life. Just lately having some of "Lifes Difficulties" so slow going.

I have very much enjoyed helping people with what I can and this is only right as I have benefitted from many people as well.
I find you all a bunch of Good Guys and see that you all do not see your own Gracious offerings to others.

I imagine it would be. I may give it a shot, but I'd have to track down a program to do it with first. But my Programming and Access homework has to be done first (so the earliest would be mid December).

Unfortunately, all my contributions are "Awesome unit!" or "I can't wait to play this, it looks awesome!" I must also admit that I hold you in VERY high regard :goodjob:

And after checking on your profile (as I usually do for a little extra background info), I feel obliged to say that I don't think you're old at all (in fact, two years younger than my dad).

Ah, you're not THAT old... You're about 1 year younger than my dad ;) (I didn't realize how old you actually were until you made that comment and I decided to check you profile).

This explosion is nice, however it wouldn't look right on my rather light-hearted Final Fantasy terrain... I may have to do one myself (using one of the explosion pre-sets Wyrm gave me for bryce and rendering it out) sometime soon.

Tank_Guy#3... What would you like to see concerning an Artillery Shell? Just an Artillery Shell going in before the Explosion rather than the Laser?

Hikaro Takayama... Yes, this Explosion was adjusted for Dark Maps and IF wanted for a Light Map it would need to be Adjusted Lighter...Of course anyone can play around with the Palette and Lightness as they like.
By all means, make more Explosions because they are useful and add variety rather than using the same ones for everything.

...Oh and thanks for the kind comments you guys... I am feeling younger already :D

Civinator... Thanks Dude.... I take that as a gracious compliment.

Yes,it was meant as a great compliment. I tought stuff is something like the word "material". But now I took a look in the dictionary and saw that the word "stuff" could also have the meaning of nonsense :blush:. It was never meant in that way by me. I learnt a new English word. :) The correct sentence is (I hope :D): You made a lot of interesting modding material for Civ 3. Thank you very much! :thanx:

Interesting is that, what you said about me is exactly the opinion I have for you: You are always helping the civers with complicate modding questions about graphics, sounds and lot of other complicate problems and additionally you make such nice and clever units I never could do.

@ Civinator - your use of "stuff" was idiomatically correct. Trust your understanding of English - "I like your stuff" means the same as "I like your things". The "nonsense" meaning would be used when you want to say "don't believe all that stuff".

@ Vuldacon & Pounder - there are a few others of us around here that know what a "dial tone" is. I won't mention any names, since it's not always in their profile, but I know of at least 2 others besides myself whose kiddie pictures are polaroids.

And the next one who says "hey, you're almost as old as my dad" gets a cane across the knuckles. I'd rather take a hound with some grey on his muzzle to hunt a tiger than a puppy who doesn't know when not to bark.

Civinator... Yes, your English and use of words is Correct and no misunderstanding at all :)

And the next one who says "hey, you're almost as old as my dad" gets a cane across the knuckles. I'd rather take a hound with some grey on his muzzle to hunt a tiger than a puppy who doesn't know when not to bark.
Blue Monkey... :lol:

Sweet! I will use the one without the laser.

Vuldacon, can you post a link to the thread with vingrjoe's SDI laser? I'd like to use that as well.

No, you're misunderstanding..... I said that he was a year younger than my dad, and therefore not all that old (now if he was AS old as my dad, then he'd be old ;) ).

Then again, I'm 30, so I'm not exactly a young pup myself... :rolleyes:

Tank_Guy#3... What would you like to see concerning an Artillery Shell? Just an Artillery Shell going in before the Explosion rather than the Laser?

Pretty much, yea. You don't have to make it if you didn't plan on it. Besides, I need to learn some patience. Show that A.D.D. who's boss :D

Civinator said:
Yes,it was meant as a great compliment. I tought stuff is something like the word "material". But now I took a look in the dictionary and saw that the word "stuff" could also have the meaning of nonsense . It was never meant in that way by me. I learnt a new English word. The correct sentence is (I hope ): You made a lot of interesting modding material for Civ 3. Thank you very much!
I was just giving you a hard time. Sorry if I caused some confusion.

Hikaro_Takayama said:
No, you're misunderstanding..... I said that he was a year younger than my dad, and therefore not all that old.
Which is also what I meant. I also have a very weird definition of old, not really even involving years lived in fact.

Top Bottom