HUSch

Secret-monger
The other teams:
Kazakhstan
Saturn
SANCTA
Cavaleiros

Start
3 of the other has found their capital, cavaleiros not.
GNP
all (we also) have 18, I don't know why.

production
The other 've 5, 2, 2, 0

crop
The other 've 5, 4, 2, 0

land
all together 19, best 7, worst 0; also the other 've 7, 6, 6, 0 or 7, 7, 5, 0.

Result:

one has a plains hill city and 5 :hammers:, 2 :food:, why take they this, for worker they have allways 5 :hammers:, perhaps they are building warriors quickly, interesting.

another has a tile with 3 :food: like as we, but not at river and the capital is also at hill, they have 2 :hammers: and 5 :food:

the third has normal tiles, 2 :hammers: and 4 :food:. Perhaps a better outer range.

The pictures show the situation before and after the founding of our town.

Attachments

• MS-Demo 4000.JPG
    MS-Demo 4000.JPG
    123.3 KB · Views: 214
  • MS-Demo-3999.JPG
    MS-Demo-3999.JPG
    125.2 KB · Views: 247
(BtS-)GNP

GNP = research + wealth + espionage + culture - upkeep

research: The value of beakers that can be seen in the F6-screen.
(our value is 12 (=1.2(our research-modifier for BW)x(1(CC)+8(palace)+1(...value in formula...))))
wealth: our value = 0 (100% research)
espionage: our value = 4 (palace)
culture: our value = 2(palace) (dutch culture is 4, others' is 2)
upkeep: right now 0 for every team

so added up: GNP (Mad Scientists) = 12+0+4+2-0 = 18

Analysing the other teams GNP we get some interesting info:
- Team Sancta (dutch civ) does research a tech from the first row (wheel, agri, hunting, mysticism) (if they were researching sailing, masonry or BW, there GNP would be 20)
Probably they research agri for their food-resources.
- Team Saturn and Team Kasakhstan can have GNP value inbetween 16 (=first row tech) and 18 (=tech with pre-req.)

Prod
As HUSch pointed out: 1 Team has a plainshill cap (or founded on stone/marble) and works a forrested plains hill. They are probably rushing a workboat (6turns) or a worker (12 turns) ... or a 3 turn warrior as HUsch suspects. (we'll know in 6 turns;))

Willem start with fish and agri, so they research mining, perhaps Darius (hunting, agri) also.
I think all teams go to BW first.

More infos of our rivals:

GNP
The vaues are:
18, 17, 16, 16
With dutch minimum 18, we know all rivals research start-techs, one has a tile with 1 :commerce:, possible a river or bonus res. My first estimation that they go to BW was wrong.

products
5, 5/4, 3, 2

crops
5, 4, 4, 2

Land
Dutch has the cult. expand. to 21 tiles and has 14 land tiles, first they had maximal 6 land tiles (of 9).

1 team has changed his working tile, to get +1 :commerce: (river or bonus res). it has now GNP 17.
The other values:
production
5, 4/5, 2, 2

crops
5, 5, 2, 2

I think 2 teams 've 5 :hammers:, 2 :food:
the other both 2, 5
Because of the + ! :commerce: I think the changing team has a food res at river or flood plains.
Because there is no increase in MP last turn, the team with 5 :hammers: doesn't build a warrior.

Land
2 teams together get +14 land tiles.

An question:
Has somebody make a picture of F9-table in 3920 AD or 3960 after our turn.

Team Saturn's points increased to 38 (from 32) after this turn (t5).
This could usually just be due to a new tech or pop growth. Growth in the first 6 turns is not possible, so they have researched a cheap tech.
Has to be a first row tech but have to check which tech is cheap enough...

Saturn has researched fishing in 6 turns, they 've no increase the MP, also it can't be hunting, the other tech with 59 :science:.

Also a team is fishing, because it's produced a GNP of 21, typical for coastal tile and fin leader. But there is no fishing boat in action, because :food: <=5.

Also a team is fishing, because it's produced a GNP of 21, typical for coastal tile and fin leader. But there is no fishing boat in action, because :food: <=5.

If that team works a seafood without improvement now and a 3F tile (i.g. rice, pigs,...), they probaby don't build a worker.
That team will grow in the same turn as we will grow...

Topas
All Teams have pop 1. so my estimation is wrong.
The team research with factor 1,4. Darius is the only who hasn't started with fishing and he research husbandry with the pretechs hunting and agriculture. They 've 11 :commerce: now, with factor 1,4 yield 15 :science: +4 :espionage: + 2 :culture:.

That fits it as well;)
Actually, I didn't check the demo before (or after) you brought up the different GNP.

It looks even more convincing... (but my option is still possible:D)

Saturn started coastel. So they researched fishing first to be able to use the great seafood tile(s). Now they research AH to build pastures and see horses for their UU.
Researching AH is extremely fast for them as they have both prereqs. ... especially they get a viable unit for barb-defense and fast exploration much faster than teching Mining->BW.

One team has now 7 :food:, no other team has researched a tech, so they research not hunting, if in the next turn no research message, they are also not research mysticism.

The distribution of values.
GNP
21, 21, 17, 16

production
5, 2, 2, 1

crops
7, 5, 5, 2

What I don't understand, 2 teams have 21 GNP, also SANCTA has changed their goal without finish the first tech.

SANCTA has changed their goal without finish the first tech.
Their border expansion or exploration revealed something that they need a specific tech for?

Dave
They start with fish and agri
After founding the town they see the CC total, what reason can be, that they change after 5 turns from hunting/mining/mysticism/wheel to husbandry or sailing (that 2 are the only one). I can't see any reason, but perhaps there is another argument for the values I see.

It's odd, with us is a team since beginning and has 5 :food:, but we 'll grow to pop 2. The other not in this turn. I think the team build a worker first.

I can't see any reason, but perhaps there is another argument for the values I see.

Perhaps they are doing analysis as you are, and discovered that we are not doing a religious tech - so they switch to Mysticism and try to grab Buddhism :dunno:

Does that work with the numbers?

Nobody can analize from the values that we research BW and not medi, because there is no difference.

The values of the other teams.

GNP
23, 21, 17, 16, we 19

products
5, 2, 2, 1, we 5

crops
7, 5, 5, 2, we 4

power
no increase

- Saturn grows their city.
- Kazakhstan researched a tech without MP (-> agri or myst; have to check their GNP (as far as we know it) to have a better idea)

Top Bottom