2K Games Offers January Coupon

Ginger_Ale

Lurker
Retired Moderator
2K Games, publisher for recent titles like Civilization IV: Colonization and Civilization Revolution as well as many others, is offering a $10 coupon for a large number of their console and PC games. The coupon, which can be printed from 2K's website, lasts until January 31st and can be redeemed at major retailers like Wal-Mart, Target, Kmart, GameStop, and others when purchasing any one of eight participating games.

Perhaps best of all, the coupon can be printed as many times as you like (although only once per game), so you can purchase multiple titles with the discount. This offer is only available to individuals in the United States. To download the coupon, see a list of eligible games, and read a FAQ, see 2K's website.

The regular retail price of CivRev is $39.99. $29.99 with the coupon...
For Civ4Col, $17.99 with coupon. pretty good deals. :)

I still wont buy any of the new titles released this year because they cant seem to fix the game I already paid for so why buy another one that wont work after they patch it? Its a nice gimmick and good luck to those who take advantage of it but you better hope they dont decide to patch your game in the future.

If anything I will prob pirate future releases instead of purchasing them because I wont waste my money on a game that will eventually not work. I hate constantly posting negative posts on these discussions but I do it in hopes of them fixing a game that was released well over a year ago (and no my copies are not pirated I bought them all and I even bought BTS twice).

I paid for a game that came with MP capability that worked the day I bought it. Today, well over a year after its release it is impossible to play 100 turns without the game going OOS or if there is a large scale invasion it causes OOS.

I think they should not offer the coupon and instead use the money for this promotion to fix the game that people already paid for.

Nice coupon, but Id like some other games to be included in there too. Ive already got Civ Col and the rest I dont have a platform for.

My local K-Mart wouldn't accept the coupon....

Nor did GameStop in Chandler, AZ (Phoenix). So what's the point of issuing these 'rebates' if no one honors them? Fellow scanned the pdf printout from 2kgames.com/coupon site and it didn't register. He followed up his statement with "and even then we don't always honor them". Please note, that this comment only apply at partitipating civfanatics.com forum threads. :)

Hey guys,

All GameStops and Kmarts should take this coupon. At Kmart, the coupon should scan automatically, so make sure you print the coupon at a high enough resolution (and dark enough) so that it reads, and you make sure the full bar is scanned -- sometimes only the left is scanned.

If you are told that a retailer will not accept the coupon at GameStop or Kmart, please email me at 2KElizabeth (at symbol) 2KGames (dot) com with your name, the store, and the store's location/store number. I will figure out what is going wrong and personally get back to you so that you can use your coupon!

Thanks.

Top Bottom