Current Domestic Plan Thread

Krill

Deity
RE-EDIT: Here is a link to the spreadsheet plan from T55 until t91 (start of the war-ish), after then everything became quite...fluid. It took alot of effort to get everything down. - Krill

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AnWpYNlmVP2scDRIc29GczF2VHpwbWtrWk05Vnk4RlE&hl=en

Worker moves for the new SE cities

Spoiler :

Spoiler :
First spoiler contains too large screenshots of the CDP for workers and cities; sorry it isn't written down in the fourm, but I couldn't find a way to make it easily readable.

EDIT: 05/02/09: I'd appreciate it if we kept this thread for checking through the plan for errors introduced during the writeup, and keep the wargaming thread for the microstrategy.

Simulation save for turn 78

World Map, with dotmap

Spoiler :
[/IMG]

Cities

Spoiler :

Workers (note: very wide)

Spoiler :

-

Below is the CDP from t44 to t59 that got scrapped because of Cav researching meditation to early.

Spoiler :
W=worker. W1=General_W. W2=Remake20, W3=Viva_Chingon, W4=AutomatedTeller, W5=Kylearean.

Simulation save is here, correct for the start of turn 46

Turn 44: W1 move SE+road (either needs warrior to guard or scout for barbs), W2 road (finished) W3 mine (finished), W4 chop (finished). Research Myst in 4, 100% science, -2gpt, +18bpt, 11g in bank

Turn 45: W1 road (finished), W2 move 6 (E)+road, W3 move NN (88), W4 move W

Turn 46: IS finishes Settler, build granary, work 2*plains hill mines+wheat, CK finishes W5, build granary working copper+wheat. W1 moves 74 (to tile 23 of IS), cottage, W2 roads (finished), W3 chops, W4 chops, W5 moves 9 (NE), settler moves 3332, warrior guarding W1 moves to protect it.

Turn 47: Build C3, work grassforest build X (suggest granary). W1 cottage, W2 moves 33 (SESE) W3 chops, W4 chops, W5 chops. EOT myst complete, 1g in bank. Research meditation

Turn 48: W1 irrigate, W2 mine, W3 chop (finished), W4 chop (finished), W5 chop. IS works fish, wheat, plains hill mine. 0% science, +14gpt

Turn 49: IS completes granary (12/26 food), work fish, wheat, cottage build axe. W1 cottage (finished), W2 mine, W3 mines, W4 moves 3 (SE) W5 chops (finished). Research@100% med in 5, -4gpt, +20bpt, 17g in bank.

Turn 50: CK completes granary (13/24 food), work wheat, grass forest, build axe. W1 move E, cottage, W2 mine, irrigate, W3 mine, W4 road, W5 irrigate.

Turn 51: IS size 4, work wheat, fish, cottage, mined plains hill. W1 cottage W2 mine (finished), W3 mines, W4 roads (finished) W5 irrigates.

Turn 52: W1 cottage (finished) W2 move W, W3 mine (finished) W4 move S, cottage (finished), W5 irrigate. Warrior defending C3 moves 87 towards capital. IS works fish. wheat, cottage, grass mine. C3 work grass cottage. EOT meditation finished@80%, research PH.

Turn 53: IS size 5, work wheat, fish, 2*plainshill mine, 1 grass cottage. CK size 3, work wheat, grass forest, grass hill mine W1 move E, pasture cows, W2 chop, W3 move 14, W4 move to river ivory, W5 irrigate . Warrior move into capital. research PH@80%, +22bpt

Turn 54: IS finishes axe1, build worker. Research PH@90%, +26bpt. W1 pasture cows, W2 chop, W3 chop, W4 road, W5 irrigate (finished). CK size 3, work irrigated wheat, irrigated grass, grass mine. CK work grass farm, wheat, grass hill mine. Fortify Hudson in IS, move Axe1 out to C3.

Turn 55: W1 pasture, W2 chop, W3 chop, W4 road (finished), W5 move NW. CK work grass hill mine, wheat, copper. research@80%, +24bpt EOT Priesthood researched, save gold. IS work wheat, fish, 2*plains mine, grass cottage.

Turn 56: CK axe2 finished start oracle, work wheat, copper, grass hill mine, plains hill forest. W1 pasture, W2 move NE, W3 chop (finished), W4 camp, W5 chop. C3 work cow. IS work wheat, fish, cottage, 2*plains hill.

Turn 57: W1 move 23 camp ivory, W2 chop, W3 Irrigate, W4 camp, W5 chop. C3 size 2, work cottage+cow

Turn 58: IS finish W6, build axe W1 move SW, W2 chop, W3 irrigate, W4 camp, W5 chop (finished), W6 move 36 mine. CK work wheat, plains hill forest, copper, grasshill mine.

Turn 59: W1 move to worker 6 mine, W2 chop (finished), W3 irigate, W4 chop, W5 road, W6 mine EOT Oracle finished

[size=+1]All this changed when Cav founded Buddhism on turn 47. We accelerated our plan to research meditation on t52, priesthood t54, and finish Oracle t55. The next phase of our economic plan has not been nailed down until we either complete the oracle or another team does.[/size]

Overview of t55-71

Spoiler :
Aims for the next 10 turns are to get a granary and forge in IS, growing it to size 6, preparing it to run an engineer to get a GE. After the forge is built we are going to build an axe and a settler, for city 5 (the axe will defend Jade Dew, and the axe from there can shuffle forward to defend city 5). Copper Kettle is going to build two axes, one for Jade Dew and then to explore with, and the other to defend itself, allowing the warrior to fogbust for the worker roading towards the sheep, then build a settler to go build a city by the sheep and fish. After the settler CK is going to build a forge to grow to size 7. Jade Dew is just going to grow while building a granary, working cottages, and getting one axe with a chop for a little more security and to allow us to explore a little more. Barentz is currently exploring the south, and around the horse, to discern future city sites and contact other teams. We have turned research back on after saving gold for 8 turns and finish IW sometime around turn 71.

Attachments

• CDPsafe,secondexplorer.png
    CDPsafe,secondexplorer.png
    358.7 KB · Views: 233
  • MTDGt78sim.CivBeyondSwordSave
    109.6 KB · Views: 254
@Krill W4 isn't where you think he is right now. Next turn he moves W not E.

Actually...the basis of what I wrote came from a very old plan because I can't be arsed to rewrite what everything should be doing each turn (would be easier with Excel but I don't have it and loathe it), so there are possibly a few mistake in there because they come from the old version, like the one you mentionned. It would be usefull if you could check it over in a sim so I can correct.

@Memphus - I was just running through the sim myself, and I agree that something's up with W4's orders but I think on Turn 45 he moves NE (9) and chops. Then on TUrn 49 he moves 22, which allows him to move S and road on turn 50 (the cows)

But you are right that there is also a forest to his W

W4 should move west and chop the grass forest, then move to the grass hill and road, then cottage along with W1 (and then they become interchangeable). I'll post an updated sim tomorrow, to tired to do it right now, and the current one is good enough until turn 59, as it were

Sounds good - also W1's actions on T46 and T47 - one says cottage the other says irrigate.

Hope you're taking this as just finishing touches and not nitpicks :)

It's always good to check over plans, it's usually the way that I find a way to improve it actually. :)

The mistake that you posted about comes from the fact that I rewrote the original t61 oracle plan, which had W1 farming instead of a cottaging. The New and Improved(TM) t59 plan has W1 cottaging.

well look with all of our observations, we have taken the oracle from T65 originally down to T59. In civ that is the difference between the MTDG and just competing.

however as long as we have this plan up we can all work to improve it.
krill one thing can you post whenever you edit that "plan" so we know :D thanks!

Noticed a mistake in the plan, it has been corrected. Meditation should be finished EoT t52.

Okay I ran through it once and here are my notes. I think that it helps that a) I'm not as good a player as the 2 of you and b) haven't really ran through a sim in this game, so I'm a fresh set of eyes.

Some of these are questions / clarifications, some are just removing duplications and such.

All in all it was a great plan, and all the times I didn't get the Oracle right it was because I didn't read the whole thing :)

Starting in turn order:
Turn 47 - W1 cottages, not irrigates
T52 - you already corrected that Med is in EOT here.
T53 - IS does not build worker - that is correctly listed as starting in T54
T53 - PH@80% moves here from T54, and it's +22 bpt.
T54 - There is a duplicate line for CK's tile assigments - just remove the 1st one. It should work grass farm, wheat and grass hill mine. Also while it's fairly obvious, I'd add a note to fortify the warrior (that came from C3) and move the axe to C3 (or wherever)
T55 - Science to 100% 3 in the bank, listed as PH in 1 with -4 gpt but it works out. EOT Priesthood in, science to 0% to save gold
T57 - W3s chop is already finished - he irrigates. IS swaps back to wheat, fish, cottage and 2 plains hills.
T58 - W6s job is not listed but it looks like you intended a move of 3-6-mine?

Thanks for those correctsion, they've been editted in above, but you made one mistake; on t54 we need to finish the axe in CK with 10 overflow, so we have to work the copper, grass hill and wheat, for a total of (6+3+2+1=12 hammers, with the axe at 33/35 hammers). If we could work the farm, we wouldn't have to work the coastal tile in IS.

I have gotten to about T55 when I just can't keep track of things anymore. It would be helpful to get an up-to-date Sim including the Gold and Horses and everything!

T48 - W1 still shows as irrigating.

T49 - +22 bpt...note below.

T52 - W1 has not finished cottage yet.
T52 - W4 just started the cottage...it is not finished and C3 can not work it.
T52 * I need 100% research needed to finish MED...80% would take 2 more turns.

T53 - W1 finishes cottage this turn...can't move to start pasture yet.
T53 - W4 finished cottage this turn...can't move to start to ivory yet.

T54 - W1 starts moving to cows.
T54 - W4 still working on cottage.

T55 - W1 starts on pasture.

I found it difficult not to miss something in the later turns...I was probably just trying to hurry through it. I worked though a couple times though and also got the +22bpt that regoarrarr spoke of the first time through -- but I didn't the second time and don't *think* I did anything differently.

All in all though, I think I'm missing something or the CDP possibly still has some kinks in it. I think the below format would make it easier to read and also to edit later on when plans change.

Turn ##:
  • City Orders
  • Worker Orders
  • Research Orders
  • Other

Also, when we are done with the plan can you save the post before you replace it with the new plan...for historical purposes. Now that we're all posting in here we can't just add new posts in sequential order...

Thanks, Krill!

On T54 I thought that I was working the farm in CK and managed to still get the Oracle in time.

I will try to get a spreadsheet up and running that encapsulates the plan in a better format.

On your latest save, I keep getting a vermin event on T52. I'm not WB-savvy enough to figure out how to avoid it...

What I was trying to investigate is that I think we can gain a bit (not much but some) by switching back to higher food tiles in CK and IS on the turn before their granaries complete.

For example instead of
Turn 49: IS completes granary (12/26 food), work fish, wheat, cottage build axe.

on T48, we swap IS from the plains hill it was working to the cottage. Granary still completes on T48 and I think that would gain us enough commerce to avoid having to work the coast tile (1/0/3) to get enough beakers for PH (though I don't see that in the sim anymore so maybe you got that taken care of anyways). Still, I think it would net us out a few f/h/b by allowing growth a turn earlier.

Then instead of
Turn 50: CK completes granary (13/24 food), work wheat, grass forest, build axe.

we swap from the copper to the grass forest in CK on Turn 49. Granary still completes on turn 50 but we grow to size 3 (and 4) one turn earlier in CK.

I wanted to run through the sim to see what we might have to adjust in terms of MP and timing of axes and such but couldn't get past the vermin event.

Thoughts?

To remove the effects of the vermin events and such from the game, I just go back a turn using the autsave (I autosave every turn of a game for this reason) and edit the amount of gold required to circumvent the event into the city, and pay off the event when it hits.

On T48 we don't have a cottage in the capital to work, that isn't finished until t49.

If we try to get CK growing 1 turn faster we either need the axe 1 turn sooner, or ivory hooked up. Ivory could be hoked up in time by sending W1 and W1 onto the ivory and camping immediately after the second cottage and delaying the pasture on the cow, so that is a possibility. Hwever, I think it affects the oracle by putting it back 1 turn.

We get 80 hammers from 4 forest chops (one is put into the axe and overflowed into the oracle, then we have one every turn after that, t55, t56, t57, t58). So we need 70 hammers from production, and we make 15 hpt on t56, t57, t58, t59 for 60 hammers, and we can get an additional 10 hammers from overflowing from the axe on t55, which is @ 33/35 and working the copper, grass hill, city tile and wheat makes 12 hammers for a 4 turn oracle build. So I think we need to investigate growing 1 turn earlier...

Thanks for the tip on the gold to avoid events and such.

I'll try and do some sims on growing CK faster to see what we get there.

And are you thinking that we could possibly get the oracle on T58?

Top Bottom