Mafia: The Tribal Council

CCRunner

Deity
Mafia: The Tribal Council

This mafia game will not strictly follow the traditional mafia format, instead following the variant that (in my experience) is more commonly played with real people. In this variant, in addition to the mafia, there will be one "doctor" who can once per night select one player that is for the rest of the night, immune to being killed by the mafia. Based on how many people decide to sign up, I may also add a "police" character who can once every night, ask me about the guilt/innocence of any player. The catch being that this character is not allowed to reveal their role or what it tells them in any manner, instead having to resort to accusing people as normal just with some extra but secret evidence. I hope that these changes will allow more people to participate more actively. Also, these players will not have their roles revealed once killed . That will wait until the end of the game.

Story:
Spoiler Story :

Once upon a time in a land far far away, there lived a group of people that all lived together in relative peace and harmony. They had no government but then again, they had no need for a government. All of their needs were met and all of their challenges were faced head on. Everything was perfect in their happy little utopia. However, all this was doomed after that one fateful day that the tribe elder was found dead with a gaping slash in her throat and a note in her hand.

"Starting tomorrow, this village belongs to me. You have until this time tomorrow to get out. Oh and by the way, all the bridges are rigged to collapse. Signed, THE KINGPIN and his associate(s)"

The villagers all gave a collective confused grunt, thinking of the last line in the note. There were no bridges within miles of their happy landlocked town. Therefore most of the people ignored that part and immediately fled in fear but a select group of about twenty decided that there was no way any man was going to tell them what to do. They formed the first ever tribal council, intent on rooting out the murderers. It was agreed that each day they would vote on who they believed to be guilty with that person being executed at sundown. Some individuals of great knowledge of healing and/or spying tendencies decided to stay with the others as well. With that in mind, the villagers began their arduous task of rooting out the criminals.

Rules
Spoiler Rules, they've changed :

1 mafia for every 7 or 8 people I've raised the number from 6-7 to 7-8 to accommodate the new roles. Probably two mafia
1 "doctor" role
1 "police" role, assuming there are at least 15 participants. I may raise/lower this number based on feedback in this thread
Night will last 24 hours
Day will last 48 hours with a midday post occurring halfway
Mafia will PM their kills and clues to me at night
Clues may be either true or false; however a false clue may not follow a false clue. Note that this doesn't mean that clues must alternate
All clues must be explained to me
Votes should be bolded and will equal the number of mafia remaining
Talking at night is PERMITTED and encouraged. Please roleplay this, I'll give some role ideas below. It certainly isn't required that you do but I feel that it will make the game more fun for everybody
If a mafia fails to send in a kill, I will make a true clue and nobody will die.
In the case of a tie, I will revert back to the previous rounds votes for the two people involved. If a tie occurs in the first round, both will die but afterwards I'll go back to the previous round rule. This was an issue in the previous game that I hosted.

General Stuff
Spoiler :
I will detail the police/doctor roles more in their respective PM's and post them when the game has ended.
Newbs are encouraged to join as well as veteran players. We were all newbs once, myself no more than a month ago. Actually, I probably still am a newb.
All roles will be completely random, decided by a RNG I have on my calculator and based off of the sign up order
Comments and suggestions are welcome. The rules are not yet set so if you have any pressing concerns, please tell me about them before the game officially starts.
Mafia, please keep in the timeline and don't do anything involving anachronistic stuff. Think like medieval tech eg swords and stuff. No guns.
I reserve the right to refuse a clue if I deem the reference to obscure. Posters must be able to figure it out based off of what you've posted on CFC. I do intend to enforce this rule
Newbs are encouraged to join as well as veteran players. We were all newbs once, myself no more than a month ago. Actually, I probably still am a newb. Yes I put that on twice, I think it's important
Roleplay =/= spam

Role Suggestions
Spoiler :

Role play is by no means required but it will add to the enjoyment I think. Some ideas-
Shepherd
Blacksmith
Apprentice
Ex Soldier
Crazy guy
Tavern Owner
Brewer! :cheers:
priest
Carpenter
Hunter
Miner

Again, these are just suggestions. If you come up with a better idea (very possible) feel free to use that instead.

LightFang

Charles Li
IceKommander
Choxorn

EmpireMaker

rhawn
plarq
d'artagnan59

taillesskangaroo

diamondeye
CivGeneral

Love
KingMorgan
electric926

smartbluma
snerk
Classical Hero

Green= Killed by Mafia

Blue= Lynched, innocent

Red= Lynched, Mafia

This game is OVER. Innocent Victory!

A tribal Council with new inventive rules! Where do I put my name?

Innage, sounds like fun.

In
tenchar

Have not played in a while, joining in.

Interesting...

The game will start 24 hours from this post. Sign Ups are still Open!!!

also, I noticed that I didn't mention support votes. I will be counting those if you all wish to use them. For the first time players a support vote is basically an anti-vote that will remove one vote from the supported player. You may not support yourself.

Ok, Sign ups are now Closed! mafia, police, and doctor will all be PMed shortly.

It is now Night!

Role People, PM me your stuff

Day in 24 hours

Top Bottom