Nonary Game: Ambidex Edition

Hello and welcome to a new round of the Nonary Game: Ambidex Edition! (derived from Bulbogarden Forums! Thanks!)

How this game works:

This game has two components. The lynching and the Ambidex Game

1) This game starts at night with the the first Ambidex Game. This is the Night cycle. There are no power roles in this game. The night is a game of alliance and betrayals.
2) Day Cycle will then proceed with a lynching.

The Nonary Game is a game that needs only 9 people involved in it to play it. In the Ambidex Edition, all players have a bracelet with 3 Bracelet Points (BP). To win you need to get 9 points.

There are 3 ways town will lose:
1) You get lynched
2) In Nonary game, Town gets 0 or less points, which will result in you dying and being removed from the game
3) In Nonary game, Mafia (there is only one mafia) gets 9 points first and decides to leave instead of waiting for others to have the chance to win.

There are two ways to win:
1) You lynch mafia
2) Kill Mafia in the Ambidex Game, or conditions in the Ambidex game will not allow Mafia to get to 9 points.

From the 9 players, 3 groups will be made consisting of 3 players each. 2 players from each group will be a Pair, while the remaining 3rd player will be a Solo.

They will be given the choice to pick one of two choices, Ally or Betray. Each choice made by the Pair and Solos have to be sent privately. What the Pair and Solo of a group pick will determine the outcome for that group.

Point Designation:

Both pick Ally: +2 BP for both the Pair and Solo.
One picks Betray while the other picks Ally: +3 for the side that chose Betray, -2 for the side that chose Ally.
Both pick Betray: +0 for both the Pair and Solo
Any score changes will affect both players in a Pair.

If one party from the group does not vote in time, their vote will default to Ally. If both parties, the Pair and Solo, don't vote, all 3 players in that group will lose and die as a result. If you are paired, either you or your partner can send in the vote. It doesn't have to be agreed on by the pair if the other partner is not active.

Once the round is over, the results will be posted in thread for everyone to see. Once the results are posted, new groups will be formed, with new Pairs and Solos.

You can also talk privately with anyone, but once a choice is made from your party, you cannot talk with anyone other than your partner if you're in a Pair. If you are a pair, you will be given a private pm with me and your partner.

While it does appear to be as simple as everyone choosing “Ally” 3 times, it is not. This is because one of the players is Mafia-aligned, while all other players are Town-aligned. If the Mafia-aligned player escapes, all Town-aligned players lose instantly, even if Town-aligned players do escape alongside the Mafia-aligned player.

If a player that is town-aligned gets to a 9, they will be given a choice to stay in the game and participate or they could escape and participate in the orbs with the caveat that they will die if mafia gets to a 9. If they choose to participate, they will no longer have points attached to them.

Even if a player dies and loses or escapes via getting 9 poiints, the game will still consider there to be 9 players. The dead players’ or escapee's bracelets would still be randomized, and if it ends up being a Solo, it will default to Ally, making the Pair free to choose Betray to gain +3 points. If both the players in the Pair are dead or escaped, then they will naturally default to Ally, and if the Solo is the only one alive they are free to choose Betray to get +3. They still have to choose, for if they don't, then they will die instead of both groups being defaulted to Ally.

Bottomline: Do not allow Suspected Mafia to get to a 9 or everybody dies. Help or Escape the Game if you get to a 9 if you are town.

PLEASE SIGN UP with in/ and this quotation "I understand that if I do not participate and/or my partner and I do not vote in time during Ambidex Game, our vote will default to ALLY"

Last edited:
Playerlist:pLEASE SIGN UP with in/ and this quotation "I understand that if I do not participate and/or my partner and I do not vote in time during Ambidex Game, our vote will default to ALLY"

1) Dolby
2) Marcher Jovian
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)

Sub
1) TheGoldenTyranno

Last edited:
/in

I understand that if I do not participate and/or my partner and I do not vote in time during Ambidex Game, our vote will default to ALLY

/in
I understand that if I do not participate and/or my partner and I do not vote in time during Ambidex Game, our vote will default to ALLY

I am not sure that I understand this game.

so is the strategy for everyone to pick betray if they're matched up against an alive player and ally if dead player and anyone who breaks that covenant should be automatically killed?

idk how that works

so is the strategy for everyone to pick betray if they're matched up against an alive player and ally if dead player and anyone who breaks that covenant should be automatically killed?

idk how that works

Yes, but if the other player chooses betray also, you both get 0 points. if you are up against a dead player, you can betray. You only get autokill when both parties (solo and partner) did not vote at all.

I hope this makes sense.

Just wanted to wave hello and say hi.

I can't be in, but I was gathering data from old games so I felt nostalgic and I miss you guys.

Wife is giving birth in a few weeks and probably needs me to not be caught up in some game in the interim.

Hope your game fills, Bianca. Hope you all are doing well.

Little Norwegian Pizzababy :love:

Just wanted to wave hello and say hi.

I can't be in, but I was gathering data from old games so I felt nostalgic and I miss you guys.

Wife is giving birth in a few weeks and probably needs me to not be caught up in some game in the interim.

Hope your game fills, Bianca. Hope you all are doing well.

Hey pizza congrats on the baby!! Yay!!! I hoe you are doing well!! :grouphug:

Btw, guys I am moving this game elsewhere

Understandable! I hope you manage to get it started! :grouphug:

Top Bottom